Live TransAtlantic on Caribbean Princess. May 4, 2024 - May 19, 2024

Posted (edited)

I really do not mind walkers on the Promenade Deck.  I strongly object to runners who use this deck instead of the one above the Lido Deck.  

So refreshing to hear about the entertainers through the eyes/ears of a musician.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

We're on this trip too.  Promenade Deck is open at 0700 hrs daily and there's quite a crowd out there for the first hour or so, getting their laps in.  And, on this ship you have the added advantage of getting some steps up and down on each lap too, which takes off a few more calories each time around.

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 5/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, TenneSea said:

5/16/24 Cornwall, England

Don't forget to get some good pics to post when you're in Port Isaac / "Port Wenn"!

• Like 1

Hello all you lucky folks that got to do the transatlantic!  We were onboard for the 7 day Caribbean prior to going across the big water 🙂

Would someone PLEASE do my husband and I a big favor?  We are having some issues with a cruise that we booked while onboard on April 27 and we really need to get in contact with Armandt from future cruise sales.  He has our email address, our names are Bettie and Joe Truitt.  Would someone please stop by his office and ask him to send us an email?  Then I could respond and get our issue resolved.  It would be much appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Kenogoddess08 said:

Hello all you lucky folks that got to do the transatlantic!  We were onboard for the 7 day Caribbean prior to going across the big water 🙂

Would someone PLEASE do my husband and I a big favor?  We are having some issues with a cruise that we booked while onboard on April 27 and we really need to get in contact with Armandt from future cruise sales.  He has our email address, our names are Bettie and Joe Truitt.  Would someone please stop by his office and ask him to send us an email?  Then I could respond and get our issue resolved.  It would be much appreciated.

I'll try.

48 minutes ago, Kenogoddess08 said:

I would not expect much help from the contractors at future cruises. If you have an issue I would go though your CVP or TA to fix issues. It seems that once they make the a sale they don’t really care much

44 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would not expect much help from the contractors at future cruises. If you have an issue I would go though your CVP or TA to fix issues. It seems that once they make the a sale they don’t really care much

In this case he is the only person that can help.  Thanks to those of you who can try and stop by Armandt’s desk for us.  Your help is appreciated.

On 5/9/2024 at 6:33 PM, memoak said:

On 5/9/2024 at 6:02 PM, TenneSea said:

I'll try.

Guess what?  Armandt emailed us and we are working on the issue.  MANY MANY THANKS for taking the time to stop by to deliver our message.  It was very kind of you and we hope to meet up on a cruise someday to buy you a drink!  Enjoy your trip 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kenogoddess08 said:

Guess what?  Armandt emailed us and we are working on the issue.  MANY MANY THANKS for taking the time to stop by to deliver our message.  It was very kind of you and we hope to meet up on a cruise someday to buy you a drink!  Enjoy your trip 🙂

Honestly, we were at Guest Services and he just happened to pass us in the area.  I grabbed him (not literally !)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LAND !!!  We have docked in the Azores.  Busy day today, I hope to post pictures of our tour this evening.  Soon, you'll see images of things other that food and entertainment !

Thanks for following.

• Like 3

THE AZORES, PORTUGAL

I knew very little about these islands.  What a beautiful surprise !  We took a Green Visions tour (7 people) and it was amazing !

image.thumb.jpeg.e2def3a63a41004ef5da30791400c614.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e442e6939779aeabf3312ef24f73506b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.42c7618d51a794ac5dc2c41f17b888d6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a0769e4f9cf9dc59d01999ff3773281.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.548b9ea17778bfe1c72cf4d546596fee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.62a13ae51f85308f2de603d3a02162a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43e384aa89c0819cad74804926669e36.jpeg

• Like 3

We have had a very, very ROCKY RIDE last night, today and tomorrow. 

I hope to have time this afternoon to post more pictures.  Yesterday the shore expert commented about how smooth this Atlantic crossing had been.  Today he said he was sorry for jinxing our lovely trip !  (Should we throw him over ??? or just call him Jonah)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The remainder of the trip looks like this:

Next Port: Cobb (Cork) Ireland May 15th

Taking a Princess Tour "Scenic Killarny". It's an 8 hour tour (a lot of bus riding) with an Irish lunch.

Falmouth, Cornwall, UK MAY 16

Planning on a private taxi drive to Port Isaac (45 min) where Doc Martin was filmed, a quaint fishing village on the other coast.  Just found out that we are anchored and there is a 45 min water shuttle to land, which may complicate this particular activity.

Portland, UK   MAY 17 -No planned tour, might take shuttle to town and just enjoy it there.

LeHavre, France -MAY 18

Taking a very long, quite expensive Princess tour to see Normandy Beaches and some surrounding sites linked to that WWII event.

OFF SHIP IN SOUTHAMPTON ON May 19 -Yarmouth May 19 & May 20

Taking Red Funnel Ferry to Isle of Wight.  Staying 2 nights in Yarmouth.

Some family history on Isle of Wight

New Forest, UK. May 21

Taking WightLink ferry to Lymington (in New Forest) where we will be picked up for an all day tour of New Forest.  Staying in Beaulieu overnight.

Southampton  -May 22

Most of the morning we will still be in New Forest at the Beaulieu Motor Museum and then Hythe ferry over to Southampton where we will revisit our favorite restaurant and stay the night.

Moreton-In-Marsh -May 23 & May 24

Taxi to Moreton-In-Marsh in the Cotswolds.  Just exploring the village for the remainder of the day.

Next day, will have a full day tour of the Cotswolds in a tuk-tuk.  Should be a fun adventure !

Lichfield, UK. May 25

Taxi to Lichfield.  Family historical site to visit in Lichfield, which I think everyone will find interesting.

Burbage/Hinkley. May 26

Uber to Burbage for services in a church which also has family history in it.

Scrooby, UK. May 27

Uber to Scrooby (Retford)    

If you know anything about the brave souls who came over on the Mayflower, Scrooby will perhaps be familiar.  It is the home of William Brewster (a Mayflower passenger) and the area is filled with lots of history of Brewster and other passengers.  Again, much family history here.  Private, all day tour.

Windsor, UK

Taxi to Windsor.  Hoped to visit Windsor Castle but just realized they are closed on Tuesday.  Who closes on Tuesday ????

London Heathrow for a 4 pm flight back to Tennessee !

• Like 3

Mikey Votano performed two evenings.  He does an awesome show.  He clearly is a musical genius, music is just so natural to him, you can tell he is gifted.  He does a mix of genres and the 50's is his 1st love (judging from his clothing).  His voice is nice.  But if you come for the singing, please stay for the saxophone.  OMG he does some great sax playing - one of the best I've ever heard.  Don't know if I'd buy concert tickets to hear him sing but I would for the saxophone.

There was a big, beautiful grand piano center stage that no one was playing.  I said to my husband "I so hope he is going to play that piano".  My music lanes are piano and voice, so I had my fingers crossed.  He did.  He did not disappoint.  He played Jerry Lee Lewis "Great Balls of Fire".  He was as good, if not better than JLL.  It was the highlight so far of the entertainment.  

Here are some pics of the 1st performance.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6b35043237efe6e6da9c6543eb7c26d.jpeg

• Like 1

This is our third day and night of horrible rocking and rolling and shaking.  Tonight is total terror.  I will never again go on another cruise, at least another transatlantic and probably not another cruise.  This is extremely disturbing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

This is our third day and night of horrible rocking and rolling and shaking.  Tonight is total terror.  I will never again go on another cruise, at least another transatlantic and probably not another cruise.  This is extremely disturbing.

I am so sorry to hear how rough the seas are for you. It sounds pretty scary!

Is the weather really bad? Where is the ship heading to now?

Hopefully, the seas will clam down soon and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

55 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

probably not another cruise.

Circle Caribbean should be pretty tame in December.  Maybe a bad cruise is what people say childbirth is like.  (I wouldn't know myself.)  You say "never again", but then you do.

• Like 1