Live music in dining venues

We will be doing a transatlantic cruise soon on QM2. We were wondering if there's live music in the Britannia dining room or other restaurants during meal time or on formal nights? We prefer quiet dinners so will try to find alternative dining options if there is.  

From what I recall, there might be one or two nights with a string quartet, but otherwise, I don't recall live music during dinner. Also, Britannia is a loud restaurant overall - it's a large space with a lot of people in it. Not so loud that you have to shout to be heard, but not hushed with no one speaking above a whisper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzerbosun said:

We will be doing a transatlantic cruise soon on QM2. We were wondering if there's live music in the Britannia dining room or other restaurants during meal time or on formal nights? We prefer quiet dinners so will try to find alternative dining options if there is.  

Don’t deny yourself from eating at the Britannia restaurant; it’s a show-stopping space.  Whether you have fixed or open seating, ask the M’D for a table in a quieter area, maybe the third level. I recommend fixed dining so the wait staff gets to know you during the Crossing for a more personal experience. The other venues are either extra charge or maybe even louder.
As mentioned above, the only music is background music from a string trio/quartet. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NE John said:

Don’t deny yourself from eating at the Britannia restaurant; it’s a show-stopping space.  Whether you have fixed or open seating, ask the M’D for a table in a quieter area, maybe the third level. I recommend fixed dining so the wait staff gets to know you during the Crossing for a more personal experience. The other venues are either extra charge or maybe even louder.
As mentioned above, the only music is background music from a string trio/quartet. 

QM2 has two levels to the dining room. For all its size, I haven't found the Britannia restaurant to be too noisy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

QM2 has two levels to the dining room. For all its size, I haven't found the Britannia restaurant to be too noisy. 

We were back in Briannia for a short cruise last September, I'd forgotten what a nice "vibe" the restaurant had compared to the Grills.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I thought it had four.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

There is a small third tier (maybe not a true full third level) as part of upper Britannia. That area may be quieter than the rest of the larger venue. 
I agree, Britannia has a nice buzz vs being noisy. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

No music or piped music in any restaurant.

Occasionally, the harpist will play at the entrance to the Britannia.

Prior to Covid, in the QG lounge on QM2, there used to be concerts for Grills pax which were not advertised anywhere else except on the QG and PG tables. They removed the grand piano and stopped the concerts. Shame.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NE John said:

There is a small third tier (maybe not a true full third level) as part of upper Britannia. That area may be quieter than the rest of the larger venue. 
I agree, Britannia has a nice buzz vs being noisy. 

There is a third tier. That's where the watercolour art classes are held.

• Like 1

If there is a string quartet at the reception desk area, I think it's mainly for the benefit of those queuing up. It's quite gentle and tasteful in my view. It's a really big space so as soon as you step away you will hear very little music and certainly no muzzak. Moreover they won't be playing for more than about 30 minutes at the start of the 2 sittings, so if on Open Dining (a) you will probably miss it altogether and (b) mostly you are on the deck above the artists so will probably know very little about it. I did the Crossing last in December and only one night was I briefly aware of it.

• Like 2