Virgin status match

Hi all. Considering our first virgin cruise. If I book one, and do the status match after the fact using our royal caribbean status, will the status match still work and I'd get the perks for that already booked cruise, or do I have to do the match before booking? 

Thanks. 

The DBE status match ended 12/31/2023, then popped up again for a short time.  You can apply after you make your booking and it will take a week or less to process provided it is being offered at the time you sign up.  Like most things Virgin, the rules can change at a moment's notice.  If you do sign up, sign up for each member of your party.  The benefits are per person, not per cabin.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where does one find a link to the status match?  I bit the bullet and booked on Valiant Lady for July…. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I’ve matched to DBE but I don’t seem to have a membership number??

It also says my DBE match is good for 2024. Does that mean if I book another VV cruise in 2025 I won’t get DBE?? 

There is no membership number as far as I can tell.  We've had DBE on all our VV cruises, including the most recent under the new benefits program, and never had a "number" attached in the way other lines do.  The current program says it lasts thru 2025.  No one knows what will happen after that.  
I saved my confirmation letter and have that available on line at the ports....only needed it once when they showed my cruise partner had DBE but didn't list me.  Got it fixed with the letter.

Note that the new benefits are per person, not per cabin....so sign up each person in your group who qualifies.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:17 AM, little britain said:

I’ve matched to DBE but I don’t seem to have a membership number??

It also says my DBE match is good for 2024. Does that mean if I book another VV cruise in 2025 I won’t get DBE?? 

Your membership number is your sailor id which is usually prominently displayed on your booking confirmation from Virgin.

If you status matched to DBE before Dec. 31, 2023, then you will have the DBE benefits on any sailings through December 31, 2025.

Anyone status matching now will get the lower tier Blue benefits.

You should be able to see the DBEs if you have them if you go into your Virgin booking using your account on the web.

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 1