Turning Platinum on Second Leg of B2B

I have seen many posts about turning platinum on the second leg of a B2B cruise -- 50 percent said they were considered platinum in their first leg of a B2B and the other half say they had to wait until their second leg to get recognized as platinum.  I asked our PCP about this and he said we would not be recognized until the second cruise.  Can someone with recent experience in this area let me know how this worked for them?  We are on a B2B in January, 2025, out of Long Beach and are hoping to take advantage of the "free" laundry which will help us decide what/how to pack...  

27 minutes ago, kitten816 said:

I would reccomend checking your documents, see if your luggage tags have priority for both cruises or just your second one.

Before doing that, call your PVP and make sure that your cruises are linked. If they are linked you have a good chance of being Platinum at the start of your first cruise. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Before doing that, call your PVP and make sure that your cruises are linked. If they are linked you have a good chance of being Platinum at the start of your first cruise. :classic_cool:

I use a Carnival PVP and when I was in a similar situation (for me it was my first B2B and it was the second leg that I would move from platinum to diamond). He told me he would connect the bookings and I should be diamond on the first leg. Fortunately I was but I did meet up with a friends that used a private vacation planner and she wasn't advanced to diamond until her actual cruise which was the second leg of her b2b

Good luck and have fun

Thanks, everyone, for your insight!  I will contact my Carnival PVP to make sure our bookings are properly linked.  Great advice from all of you!

Like many things carnival it depends on the ship and its willingness to move forward on your behalf.  We turned Diamond on the 2nd day on leg 2 of a back to back.  We asked and told they would look into it and on day 3 no change or response so checked again.  Told that “until” the system updated showing our points from the 1st leg they could do nothing.  Completed the cruise without being upgraded to Diamond and sailed 2 more times before finally getting it corrected.  Read many stories of success but sadly it simply doesn’t always work because of the las k of willingness of a ship to complete the process.  

The two cruises on a B2B are linked for the purpose of the special handling you get when disembarking the first cruise and embarking the second. Other than that they are separate cruises, separate onboard accounts and all. So I would not expect any perks from the second leg to be offered on the first leg - at least their systems won't notice. Maybe if you make friends with the hotel director before the cruise?