Are shore excursions available…

For those who are doing adjacent cruises on the transition day?  (end of first cruise; beginning of second). I will be staying aboard the two cruises for the whole 33 days and would love to see London from Southampton port. Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

For those who are doing adjacent cruises on the transition day?  (end of first cruise; beginning of second). I will be staying aboard the two cruises for the whole 33 days and would love to see London from Southampton port. Thanks in advance. 

Best posted on your Roll Call. Follow the tab above and find yours.

P.S.  when you make a posting like this giving no dates, no ship, or any other relevant information it’s often ignored.

I have never known Oceania to have planned excursions on a transition day. You would plan those yourself, or with a group from your roll call, through one of the many tour companies. Certainly we have done this, ourselves.

20 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Best posted on your Roll Call. Follow the tab above and find yours.

P.S.  when you make a posting like this giving no dates, no ship, or any other relevant information it’s often ignored.

Sorry Oceania Vista. May 1 Miami to London. London to London

• Like 1

It may depend on your situation?? Not sure but many Grand Voyages are simply b2b cruises and there are excursions for those that purchased as a Grand Voyage on the transition day from one b2b cruise to the other b2b. 

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

I have never known Oceania to have planned excursions on a transition day. You would plan those yourself, or with a group from your roll call, through one of the many tour companies. Certainly we have done this, ourselves.

There are excursions on changeover day. Several days prior to that segment’s disembark, multi-segment cruisers will get a list of available tours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There are excursions on changeover day. Several days prior to that segment’s disembark, multi-segment cruisers will get a list of available tours.

Great information. Thank you. Because they don’t appear under Shore excursions, we never thought they existed. 
‘Having said that, all of our few cruises have been b2b and we have never been offered excursions on changeover days. We were offered a special luncheon hosted in Jacques which was fantastic, but only the one time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Great information. Thank you. Because they don’t appear under Shore excursions, we never thought they existed. 
‘Having said that, all of our few cruises have been b2b and we have never been offered excursions on changeover days. We were offered a special luncheon hosted in Jacques which was fantastic, but only the one time.

You may have just hit the wrong changeover place/date. We do mostly multi-segment cruises (sometimes three annually) and I can’t remember not having available tours on changeover day.

• Like 2

Interestingly enough I'm on a 20 day Combo cruise, 2 10 day segments, and there are two excursions offered on the turnaround day in my planner. One of them is for those with mobility equipment only and the other is for those with canes, walkers or other mobility issues. I don't think I'll book either one. 

There are none that are regular tours that day. But as stated I'm sure there will be one or more offered for that day during the first segment. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ORV said:

Interestingly enough I'm on a 20 day Combo cruise, 2 10 day segments, and there are two excursions offered on the turnaround day in my planner. One of them is for those with mobility equipment only and the other is for those with canes, walkers or other mobility issues. I don't think I'll book either one. 

There are none that are regular tours that day. But as stated I'm sure there will be one or more offered for that day during the first segment. 

Thankfully, Orv, you are one of the few O regulars who are on top of the whole Oceania discombobulation.

Thanks for your eagle eye since you save me a lot of corrective posts.😎

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

One thing to keep in mind for transition day excursions: only the people on B2B's are eligible to sign up for them,  If this is a small percentage of the total passengers, they may end up canceling the tour.  We had this happen in Lisbon, where all 3 of the different Lisbon city tours were cancelled, and we ended up visiting Porto.  Not a tragedy, but not what we wanted.  (Yes, I know we could have gone independent - which I thought of afterwards...)

On our most recent cruise that ended in LA we took an excursion that took us to all the tourist sites and ended up at the airport. Your flight had to be 3pm or later. They also offered the same tour to those staying onboard but their bus of course went back to the ship.