Advice needed on the vista deck plan (for the deck 7 forward cabins)

vipro

My guaranteed A4 cabin was assigned at #10003, and then today I read from someone that the same cabin number in Marina is blocked by the searchlight (which i am not sure if the same goes for Vista), so I am thinking of paying for a possible upgrade to the next category A3, which is still in the available status. (that means I can choose this time)

However there are not many choices left. One is the #9022 that is right next to the concierge lounge and a handful in the foward of deck 7 (in the range of 7000-7005)

Two questions:

1. From the deck plan I don't get what is in front of the 7000 cabins, i guess that is the ship's core infrastructure. and then I look at deck 6 but i again can't work out what is below of those deck 7 forward cabins. Is that the ceiling of the stage of the Vista Lounge? If so, would that be noisy at the front or above the stage? Will the shows finish early at night?

2. The other choice is #9022 which is right next to the concierge lounge. Is that going to be noisy if ppl watch TV all night (assuming that is open 7x24)?

Any advice is welcome as we are light sleepers and also do not want an obstructed view.

Thanks.

We have been across the hall from a Lounge before and while there are people entering and exiting, it is not normally noisy.  the TV does’t blare and is actually on an inside cabinet wall so there is no noise thru the side walls as mentioned by others posting about TV and voice noise. Definitely it above the Stage. 
You better grab it before it’s gone and you can get on a waitlist to move to a better location yet if it concerns you. 
Mauibabes

46 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

We have been across the hall from a Lounge before and while there are people entering and exiting, it is not normally noisy.  the TV does’t blare and is actually on an inside cabinet wall so there is no noise thru the side walls as mentioned by others posting about TV and voice noise. Definitely it above the Stage. 
You better grab it before it’s gone and you can get on a waitlist to move to a better location yet if it concerns you. 
Mauibabes

OK thanks mauibabes. I am still trying to check with Oceania customer service whether my #10003 has an obstructed view or not. The website only has numbers to call but no email?

Anyone knows how to reach them (by email) - don't want to make an IDD call unless it is absolutely the last resort.

Just call the Reservation 800 Number and ask the Rep who answers, they have all the ship plans. That room is full forward, motion of the ocean bother you? We have been in rooms just forward of the front elevators and did not have issues but in rough seas you can get some “Motion”. It is the up/down and side to side all at once that makes things interesting. 
Mauibabes

7 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Just call the Reservation 800 Number and ask the Rep who answers, they have all the ship plans. That room is full forward, motion of the ocean bother you? We have been in rooms just forward of the front elevators and did not have issues but in rough seas you can get some “Motion”. It is the up/down and side to side all at once that makes things interesting. 
Mauibabes

Ok I will give them a call on Monday, thanks. I am not sure how we deal with motions (have been cruising Mediterranean a couple of times) and hopefully we can cope. I think the sea was not too bad during summer within the Mediterranean Sea. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

@vipro Here is a photo of the opposite side of Vista that show the 10002 (couldn't find 10003 but probably the same) balcony area really well:

20230515_Oceania-Cruises-Vista_ESilverstein_74.thumb.webp.0a00cd6793e2105555a6ee213bf3148c.webp

Ref: https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/oceania-vista-cruise-ship/

This! Is the photo that I am looking for.  10003 is just the same on the starboard side, ie the first balcony room next to the searchlight. Seems the searchlight is not in the way as much as in the Marina. (Maybe they have learnt the lessons?). Though there is still the problem of the Captain/crew being able to peep into your cabin from above 🙂

Edited by vipro
Forgot to say Thanks!
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

9022 must be an unpopular cabin on Vista. We are trying to move from 9110 (A3) because we saw a video review this week that shows that the same location on deck 7 has the bump out balcony next door and there really isn't any privacy on this balcony. My TA told me the only A3 left is 9022. However, I just found out we can move up to an A2 for another $100 per person, so we're taking an A2 midship on deck 9. My only concern about 9022 was the noise from the doors and the laundry - people do tend to slam the doors a lot.

Edited by lorimay

Didn't think of the laundry issue. Thanks for highlighting. Though 9024 to 9032 will be a lot closer to the laundry and yet they are already filled for some strange reasons. Maybe I should go back to deck 7 forward if they are still available. 

Believe or not I have asked my TA to check for the searchlight obstruction on 10003 and for three days there are still no replies from Oceania. (And no one answered the 800 numbers when I tried to call directly!)

Maybe I just go for the upgrade regardless. But I don't want to upgrade to an even worse off A3 cabin

I just looked at the charge on my credit card for the move from the A3 to the A2 and it was only $100 total, so well worth it for us to get a cabin that has a more private balcony and is away from the lounge. I'm sure it's not a huge problem, I just am very sensitive to the door slamming. It drives me crazy.

The upgrade price was so low that I wonder if they lowered the prices on our cruise. 

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

I just looked at the charge on my credit card for the move from the A3 to the A2 and it was only $100 total, so well worth it for us to get a cabin that has a more private balcony and is away from the lounge. I'm sure it's not a huge problem, I just am very sensitive to the door slamming. It drives me crazy.

The upgrade price was so low that I wonder if they lowered the prices on our cruise. 

Perhaps they gave you the price of the A2 at the price it was when you booked the A3 originally since you were upgrading?  I know this happened to us before….we upgraded and we received the upgraded stateroom at the price it was when we had originally booked the cruise and the prices had already increased. 

On 5/11/2024 at 12:08 PM, vipro said:

My guaranteed A4 cabin was assigned at #10003, and then today I read from someone that the same cabin number in Marina is blocked by the searchlight (which i am not sure if the same goes for Vista), so I am thinking of paying for a possible upgrade to the next category A3, which is still in the available status. (that means I can choose this time)

However there are not many choices left. One is the #9022 that is right next to the concierge lounge and a handful in the foward of deck 7 (in the range of 7000-7005)

Two questions:

1. From the deck plan I don't get what is in front of the 7000 cabins, i guess that is the ship's core infrastructure. and then I look at deck 6 but i again can't work out what is below of those deck 7 forward cabins. Is that the ceiling of the stage of the Vista Lounge? If so, would that be noisy at the front or above the stage? Will the shows finish early at night?

2. The other choice is #9022 which is right next to the concierge lounge. Is that going to be noisy if ppl watch TV all night (assuming that is open 7x24)?

Any advice is welcome as we are light sleepers and also do not want an obstructed view.

Thanks.

Take 9022.If you're at the absolute front of the ship, the noise from smashing into waves can be annoying.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 6:31 AM, lorimay said:

9022 must be an unpopular cabin on Vista. We are trying to move from 9110 (A3) because we saw a video review this week that shows that the same location on deck 7 has the bump out balcony next door and there really isn't any privacy on this balcony. My TA told me the only A3 left is 9022. However, I just found out we can move up to an A2 for another $100 per person, so we're taking an A2 midship on deck 9. My only concern about 9022 was the noise from the doors and the laundry - people do tend to slam the doors a lot.

Let me guess. U are going to Turkey this summer 😉

15 hours ago, rbtan said:

Take 9022.If you're at the absolute front of the ship, the noise from smashing into waves can be annoying.

Thanks. Already booked 7 forward as another thread said there should be no noise from the ceiling of the theater below.  I haven't really thought about the waves though. 

Thanks anyway. 

13 minutes ago, vipro said:

Let me guess. U are going to Turkey this summer 😉

Yes! You guessed it! Still worried about last minute itinerary changes though.

Just now, lorimay said:

Yes! You guessed it! Still worried about last minute itinerary changes though.

Me too. 

So yesterday I finally managed to get my TA to upgrade to A3 and then when she offered me the cabin choices... Guess what? Besides 9022 I also had a choice of 9110. Then I realized we were talking about the same cruise. 

Anyway I changed from 10003 to 7002. Is there any reason why u didn't go for deck 7 forward? 

Ps. Yes upgrading for our cruise is cheap. I also paid $100 for both of us from A4 to A3. Maybe not many ppl are interested in this turkey intensive itinerary. Yes I am worried about itinerary change. I already booked my flights leaving Istanbul.