Viking Polaris Great Lakes ice tea

SpokaneDave

Hello,

Quick question. Is the ice tea brewed or is it soda-machine fake tea? This is our first time on Viking, coming from Celebrity/Princess level.

TIA,

Dave

What we had we brewed on our Great Lakes cruise with Viking. Several times I had to get a extra glass of ice for my "iced" tea.

We enjoyed the cruise.

There is limited seating in the Main Dining Room, you need to make a reservation or just check about 30 minutes after dinner begins.  The grill had great food and did a great job grilling fish and beef. 

Do not miss the "Rolled Ice Cream in the buffet area in the evening. If we eat in the Main Dining Room we went for "rolled ice" for dessert.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Do not miss the "Rolled Ice Cream in the buffet area in the evening. If we eat in the Main Dining Room we went for "rolled ice" for dessert.

Totally forgot about the rolled ice cream. I asked for strawberries and they went into the kitchen and located some. I added them to vanilla ice cream and white chocolate. Heavenly.

• Like 1

I simply go to the coffee/tea station and grab two mugs of hot tea...so many flavors!  Bring them and a glass of ice to the cabin.  Combine and enjoy!  😉   The Apple and Cranberry being my favorite.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

I simply go to the coffee/tea station and grab two mugs of hot tea...so many flavors!  Bring them and a glass of ice to the cabin.  Combine and enjoy!  😉   The Apple and Cranberry being my favorite.  

Are you able to request a kettle in your cabin for making tea?  Thanks

Cheers

On 5/12/2024 at 8:29 PM, GonzoWCS said:

Are you able to request a kettle in your cabin for making tea?  Thanks

Cheers

Never tried it.  Since it was simple to do as I did, I guess I didn't think of it.  

The flavors they have set out really are good.  🙂 

On 5/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, island lady said:

Never tried it.  Since it was simple to do as I did, I guess I didn't think of it.  

The flavors they have set out really are good.  🙂 

Thanks

Cheers

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:22 AM, island lady said:

Are you able to request a kettle in your cabin for making tea?

Yes. Several older threads addressing this. They will exchange coffee making equipment for a kettle on request. 

9 hours ago, wine-wine-wine said:

Yes. Several older threads addressing this. They will exchange coffee making equipment for a kettle on request. 

LOL...that was not my post you were quoting...but cute.  😉   I have no use for a kettle, and in fact when I get one, I will stash it out of the way to make more room on the counter.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...that was not my post you were quoting...but cute.  😉   I have no use for a kettle, and in fact when I get one, I will stash it out of the way to make more room on the counter.  

Oops copied from the wrong message. That was meant for @GonzoWCS

@island lady I agree and go further. We don’t use the coffee maker either. I’m the coffee butler in the morning: DW prefers coffee from the Living Room bar. 

2 minutes ago, wine-wine-wine said:

Oops copied from the wrong message. That was meant for @GonzoWCS

@island lady I agree and go further. We don’t use the coffee maker either. I’m the coffee butler in the morning: DW prefers coffee from the Living Room bar. 

Ditto for us as well.   Coffee maker, kettle...all stashed away.   Also my usual routine.  I will be up before "Mr. Sleepy Head"....doing a morning walk, followed by a foray to the coffee area with our travel mugs.  Always filling with paper cup, and then into the mugs.  Easier to bring back to the cabin, without making a mess in the hallway...or scorched hands.  😄  

• Like 1