Weather for Canada new england cruise late fall

There is a reasonably priced cruise on oct 19 but i'm wondering if that's too late? Not sure about rain/bad weather on east coast. I'm also looking at a cruise june 4 and not sure how hot it would be/if that's a particularly good time to go.

That's ok. I'm canadian and i was looking in US dollars so that cruise isn't cheap. I'm also wondering if its rough and if i need to be concerned with staying in a mid ship cabin.

On 5/13/2024 at 4:13 PM, latebuyer said:

That's ok. I'm canadian and i was looking in US dollars so that cruise isn't cheap. I'm also wondering if its rough and if i need to be concerned with staying in a mid ship cabin.

Midship is the best location if seas are rough.  Lower is better, too.

On 5/17/2024 at 8:45 AM, latebuyer said:

Thanks, so now i’m debating a cruise between late september and july. Do you really see the fall colors in the fall or does this not happen all the time?

Leaves change colors every year before they fall to the ground.   Some years there are strong windy rainstorms that strip the leaves pretty quickly, other years the colors hang around for a couple weeks or more

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 10:45 AM, latebuyer said:

Thanks, so now i’m debating a cruise between late september and july. Do you really see the fall colors in the fall or does this not happen all the time?

Additionally to the wind/rain wrecking the leaves quickly the color can be affected by the weather in the summer. If there is a drought in the late spring or in the summer fall colors can be delayed. If it is too warm coming into fall, the colors won't be as intense. What makes a perfect storm for good fall color? A warm, wet spring followed by a not too hot and dry summer and then nice cool evenings coming into fall. We have a 3rd week of October cruise booked hoping that this summer will cooperate and give us some nice color. We are realistic however that the color may not work out- living where we can get beautiful fall color.

• Like 1