Queen Anne Wellbeing Cafe info / Vegan options

Soozec

I've just downloaded various sample menus for Queen Anne - for a cruise in September. So far the vegan options are very few and far between if going out with a non-vegan to a speciality restaurant. Zero in the Golden Lion pub.  Does anyone have information about the Wellness Cafe and if it's open to all or just those in the spa area? Also are there additional charges for eating at the cafe? I'm intolerant to many foods. My last cruise on Queen Victoria was stressful in terms of finding vegan options including the afternoon tea. Hoping Queen Anne's wellbeing cafe will be it's saviour!

qm_golden_lion_food_menu_01a no vegan food.pdf Tramonto-Menu-Apr24 vegan edited .pdf Queen-Anne-Aji-Wa-Menu-Spring edited vegan.pdf Aranya-Menu-Apr24.pdf

Posted (edited)

I’ll try and remember to have a look as I pass today.😀It is not marked as an extra cost item on the Daily Programme.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soozec said:

I've just downloaded various sample menus for Queen Anne - for a cruise in September. So far the vegan options are very few and far between if going out with a non-vegan to a speciality restaurant. Zero in the Golden Lion pub.  Does anyone have information about the Wellness Cafe and if it's open to all or just those in the spa area? Also are there additional charges for eating at the cafe? I'm intolerant to many foods. My last cruise on Queen Victoria was stressful in terms of finding vegan options including the afternoon tea. Hoping Queen Anne's wellbeing cafe will be it's saviour!

qm_golden_lion_food_menu_01a no vegan food.pdf 38.85 kB · 9 downloads Tramonto-Menu-Apr24 vegan edited .pdf 1.43 MB · 1 download Queen-Anne-Aji-Wa-Menu-Spring edited vegan.pdf 1.45 MB · 0 downloads Aranya-Menu-Apr24.pdf 1.42 MB · 0 downloads

Wellness cafe has Vegan options, no charge for food, selection looks good

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I’ll try and remember to have a look as I pass today.😀It is not marked as an extra cost item on the Daily Programme.

That's a relief! I think just being able to pick up a Buddha bowl of my liking would make all the difference! Yes please keep me posted! Are you enjoying the ship? 

41 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

The Wellness Cafe is open to everyone and is included. I enjoyed the bowl (which actually came on a plate!) that I had. 

IMG_2925.thumb.jpeg.fef404985d03a6dec2f9bca78cda22b1.jpeg

Thank you so much! I feel sooooo relieved.. just perfect! I'm easy to please but I'm very intolerant to bell peppers (although chilli is okay).  A lot of the pre-order menu options seem to have a peppers in them.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Soozec said:

Thank you so much! I feel sooooo relieved.. just perfect! I'm easy to please but I'm very intolerant to bell peppers (although chilli is okay).  A lot of the pre-order menu options seem to have a peppers in them.  

I'm sure you could ask for a pre-order item without peppers. The kitchen is right there, and everything appeared to be made to order (I didn't see any pre-made meals when I was there) so I don't think it would be hard for the chef to not add them in.

I believe I also saw a vegan burger on the menu at the burger bar (I could be completely miss remembering here) - so that could be an option too.

Edited by MylesS
  • Thanks 1

I'd recommend seeing what your matradee can organise for you.We were in Princess grill Dec QM2 and were very well looked after my wife is Vegan im vegetarian but often its easier to order Two Vegan dishes as you seem to get a lot more food! For instance our matradee organed Two Vegan afternoon tees for us which was both spectacular and very tasty in the Grills lounge. You can also ask to order from the vegan dishes menu for lunch. I'd recommend the Vegan pizza for Two for lunch its huge and delicious.Basically i've learned to ask what they can offer? we now ask for a carton of Oat milk for our cabin teas and coffees that's no problem. The wellness Cafe on Queen Anne looks absolutely brilliant and bravo for the Vegan burger and hot dog available it seems from the menu at the pavillion take away. My only gripe is the charge of $8.50 for a vegan burger at the Golden Lion and room service given the lack of Vegan options it seems like another Vegan Tax to me unfair and discriminatory Cunard!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liberal_Baggie said:

I'd recommend seeing what your matradee can organise for you.We were in Princess grill Dec QM2 and were very well looked after my wife is Vegan im vegetarian but often its easier to order Two Vegan dishes as you seem to get a lot more food! For instance our matradee organed Two Vegan afternoon tees for us which was both spectacular and very tasty in the Grills lounge. You can also ask to order from the vegan dishes menu for lunch. I'd recommend the Vegan pizza for Two for lunch its huge and delicious.Basically i've learned to ask what they can offer? we now ask for a carton of Oat milk for our cabin teas and coffees that's no problem. The wellness Cafe on Queen Anne looks absolutely brilliant and bravo for the Vegan burger and hot dog available it seems from the menu at the pavillion take away. My only gripe is the charge of $8.50 for a vegan burger at the Golden Lion and room service given the lack of Vegan options it seems like another Vegan Tax to me unfair and discriminatory Cunard!

Yes - I wonder if they charge for oat milk if buying a speciality coffee like in many of the high street coffee shops.  Well it sounds like things are improving slowly - but at least it's a positive change!  Thank you for your help!  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Soozec said:

Yes - I wonder if they charge for oat milk if buying a speciality coffee like in many of the high street coffee shops.  Well it sounds like things are improving slowly - but at least it's a positive change!  Thank you for your help!  

My OH has lactose free milk and we weren't charged extra on QE 2 years ago. Hopefully same for oat, soya etc. 

Edited by elmsliebev