Celebrity Beyond | May 5th-12th | Short Cruise Review

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

mombach1 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Just returned from the Celebrity Beyond’s May 5th-12th cruise and here is short review:

DEMOGRAPHICS 

I am 59, Elite Captains Club (this cruise meets the threshold to Elite Plus) and was traveling with 5 friends.  

STATEROOM-SV 8336

I booked this cabin for the veranda and location.  I liked the layout with the bed near the veranda doors and found the room very  comfortable and quiet.  The only noise I encountered was when the ship was docking. On the veranda, there were only the horrible Kelly Hoppen chairs and table.  I complained to Guest Relations about the lack of a lounge chair and on day 3 one arrived.  The closet was adequate for myself, but I think it would be a challenge for 2 or more in the cabin. My Stateroom Attendant Allen was excellent and fulfilled my special requests without hesitation.

SHIP

This ship is stunning in its design and artwork. I liked the color pallet throughout and the continuity from room to room.  The ship had the vibe of a hip upscale resort or boutique hotel.  With that said, I did find some of the furniture uncomfortable and way too heavy.  

DINING

Breakfast-Captain’s Club, Eden Cafe and Cosmopolitan 

Lunch-Le Grand Bistro, Raw on 5, Craft Social and Cosmopolitan 

Dinner-Tuscan, Fine Cuts, Normandie, Rooftop Garden Grill, Eden, Cyprus and Le Voyage.

Overall, I found the food good on this ship.  The first dinner in Tuscan was the weakest (probably my choices) and my favorite was Eden, followed by Le Voyage and Rooftop Garden Grill.  I did not visit the buffet and cannot comment on it.  My friends did visit and enjoyed it.

SERVICE 

The crew were generally friendly, attentive and overall good.  I feel that Cafe Al Bacio was understaffed and long waits for table service. The main dining rooms need additional sommeliers.  I had to ask for them several times.

PORTS

Nassua-I have been here countless times and is one of my least favorite. I decided to stay on the ship.

St Thomas-Another port that I have been to many times.  Did go into Charlotte Amalie to buy jewelry and have lunch.

Antigua-I love the beaches on this island and took a taxi to Valley Church Beach for the day.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS 

This was my first time on an E-Class ship and I generally liked it. For myself, I would only book a Sunset Veranda.  I did not care for Infinite Veranda and wouldn’t enjoy that cabin. I did find the Martini Bar rather sedated at times with the music choices from the DJ.  Other than that, the ship was fun and the fellow cruisers engaging.

Best,

H

95870957-1C2C-4242-B64C-FBC58F11A934.jpeg

61C7683F-14F9-449E-9FE0-DE9AB158354D.jpeg

31799967-7FD9-4248-8CA1-0AAA59390F73.jpeg

0AD2BE0A-8B15-4611-BD82-F9AA25FED331.jpeg

2C71CA70-8A7D-4782-A27B-DF60669FB81E.jpeg

63528F54-3EDC-4003-8331-F9AC8C93BDFF.jpeg

2586ED20-C87A-4937-8E82-5FAD52A92393.jpeg

04960DB5-9EBB-4F73-8EAC-EC7E977F72DD.jpeg

78A18A83-865A-4D86-BD13-6CF349FF2B1A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi-

Not in my cabin.  It was quiet and I slept well.   The only noise was during docking.  I would not hesitate to book that cabin again.

H

Excellent review, I personally love Beyond.

Nice to see the lounger on the balcony, I was on Beyond in March in a sunset veranda and there was not a lounger, did not ask for one either.  The loungers on the balcony seems to be the "latest crisis" on Celebrity ships.

We were on this cruise and the previous one (b2b) and enjoyed the Beyond very much. We did experience some stateroom (SS) noises at times (popping and creaking) but it was not consistent and not that bothersome (did not keep us from falling and staying asleep). Glad to see the dedicated butler service reinstated and they were great, along with all the crew that took care of us, and we came in contact with. We enjoy E-class, Edge, Apex and now Beyond, but did find Beyond to be more crowded than our pervious E-class cruises. On this b2b we dined in Luminae, Rooftop, Craft Social and Le Voyage with the only one we did not care for was Le Voyage (one and done for us). Would book on Beyond again depending on the itinerary and look forward to our upcoming cruises on Eclipse and Apex, though we are concerned about the Eclipse as it hasn't been refurbished.    

16 hours ago, mombach1 said:

Just returned from the Celebrity Beyond’s May 5th-12th cruise and here is short review:

SHIP

This ship is 

Breakfast-Captain’s Club, Eden Cafe and Cosmopolitan 

Lunch-Le Grand Bistro, Raw on 5, Craft Social and Cosmopolitan 

Dinner-Tuscan, Fine Cuts, Normandie, Rooftop Garden Grill, Eden, Cyprus and Le Voyage.

You did lunch at Le-Grand Bistro, was if Ala carte or were you able to pay one lunch time fee?

12 minutes ago, mombach1 said:

Lunch at Le Grand Bistro was a la carte.

H

Thank you, The penny pinches at work. This was a one time me on Ascent last month. I wonder if they are implementing Edge class ships now.