Alaska SilverSea Nova Cruise

Posted (edited)

I know that a lot of folks have had various questions like mine, so I’d like to answer a few:

Demographics - the demographics on the Alaska Silversea cruises (or atleast the one I was on) average a good 20 yr younger then the other Silversea cruise we hopped on the tail end of, averaged 65-80 for guests; whereas the Alaska trip is quite a bit younger. (Not young by any means, closer to prob about 45 average)

Dress Code - It was not strictly followed at all. The only place to strictly follow it was La Dane; and even that was a bit open to interpretation.

Excursions - Book third party. A good 30% cheaper for the same activities. If not more so (private whale watching boat is 4K through Silversea and $2,500 direct for the same exact yacht for example). Booking through Silversea also results in tours being moved all over the place and an attitude of “tough *****” when they decide to move a tour the wrong direction. (We found this out less then 24 hours before our tour was to begin)

food - Breakfast is absolutely terrible. Lunch is passable. Dinners are decent overall. I’ll go into more details when I make a longer post trip post.

Daily planners are attached:

Day 01 - 9 May Vancouver - Embark.pdfDay 02 - 10 May Day at Sea.pdfDay 03- 11 May Ketchikan.pdfDay 04- 12 May Juneau.pdfDay 05- 13 May Skagway.pdfDay 06- 14 May Sitka.pdfDay 07 - 15 May Hubbard Glacier.pdf

Edited by Lookingtocruise42
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am wondering whether by any chance did you manage to take some pics of the room service menu? 

I am just curious what is on it.

Thanks

If you had breakfast in La Terraza I fully agree.

On the Muse class ships we enjoy a light breakfast and coffee in the Arts Cafe.

If we feel like something more substantial then we have it in Atlantide. It might not be the best breakfast around but definitely terrible.

Just now, drron29 said:

If we feel like something more substantial then we have it in Atlantide. It might not be the best breakfast around but definitely terrible.

Oh....

Please do share so that those of us that are going to be on the Nova can get a good heads up.

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

Sorry didn't notice that I left out an important word whilst the edit function still worked.

So brekkie in Atlantide is definitely NOT terrible.

And this refers to the Muse class ships not Nova.

6 hours ago, drron29 said:

Sorry didn't notice that I left out an important word whilst the edit function still worked.

So brekkie in Atlantide is definitely NOT terrible.

And this refers to the Muse class ships not Nova.

I figured you had left out that word. I love a breakfast in the Arts Cafe🙂...smoked salmon and cream cheese pannini.....I have always found it delicious. Some yogurt and either a cup of tea or coffee......nothing terrible about them at all. Actually, just the opposite. I love them.

10 hours ago, agape01 said:

I am wondering whether by any chance did you manage to take some pics of the room service menu? 

I am just curious what is on it.

Thanks

I'll post pictures of all menus, but here is a screenshot from room service and otium menu (which is just a fancy name for second room service menu...as it was available in the veranda suite we started in before moving to otium suite)

We have really liked the layout of the Otium suite and used the hot tub on a daily basis. Unfortunately, all the various other challenges we have had will make us likely never use Silversea again. I'll go into those in depth in a bit, just have not had time to write any of it up.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.47.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.26 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.03 AM.png

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lookingtocruise42 said:

I'll post pictures of all menus, but here is a screenshot from room service and otium menu (which is just a fancy name for second room service menu...as it was available in the veranda suite we started in before moving to otium suite)

We have really liked the layout of the Otium suite and used the hot tub on a daily basis. Unfortunately, all the various other challenges we have had will make us likely never use Silversea again. I'll go into those in depth in a bit, just have not had time to write any of it up.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.47.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.26 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.48.03 AM.png

WOW!!!

Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, Lookingtocruise42 said:

Unfortunately, all the various other challenges we have had will make us likely never use Silversea again. I'll go into those in depth in a bit, just have not had time to write any of it up.

Sorry to hear this. I'm interested to hear what went wrong for you too.

Quick question. I read through the first Daily Chronicle that you posted, and I didn't see anything about the pool. Is it open at all? Is the hot tub? (I am SERIOUSLY jealous of your Otium Suite personal hot tub!) Thanks for posting all this great info for the rest of us.

2 hours ago, BBGrace273 said:

Sorry to hear this. I'm interested to hear what went wrong for you too.

Quick question. I read through the first Daily Chronicle that you posted, and I didn't see anything about the pool. Is it open at all? Is the hot tub? (I am SERIOUSLY jealous of your Otium Suite personal hot tub!) Thanks for posting all this great info for the rest of us.

Yes, the pool and hot tubs have been wide open. We saw some people in the pool today right after the Hubbard Glacier (which we had very clear skies for).

Here is a tour of the room: 

The review will be coming, I'm working up categorizing things now.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lookingtocruise42 said:

Yes, the pool and hot tubs have been wide open. We saw some people in the pool today right after the Hubbard Glacier (which we had very clear skies for).

Here is a tour of the room: 

The review will be coming, I'm working up categorizing things now.

I might not ever leave the suite! 

Posted (edited)

Here are all the menus we took photos of:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-GWfZmQfPRCnPXuq5ARCQwiAZ97tGYY7
It’s possible we missed some, also of note several changed part way through the cruise. (The upload jumbled the order, but they are in numerical order if you sort them)

I’ll put the review up once I hear back from Silversea on it, I sent it over to their guest relations email address.

Edited by Lookingtocruise42
  • Thanks 2