One way Hawaii?

RickAltman

Can someone please tell me if this is a thing? We want to leave out of a West Coast city, sail to Hawaii, enjoy a few ports of call, and then disembark there. I would then luxuriate on an island and fly home.

So essentially, we want to take a one-way cruise to Hawaii. 

17 minutes ago, RickAltman said:

Can someone please tell me if this is a thing? We want to leave out of a West Coast city, sail to Hawaii, enjoy a few ports of call, and then disembark there. I would then luxuriate on an island and fly home.

Yes, but generally only from Vancouver. Foreign flagged ships cannot depart a US port to transport people directly to another US port like Hawaii. It requires leaving from a foreign port (like Vancouver) or visiting a distant foreign port along the way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RickAltman said:

Those types of cruises embark in Vancouver because embarkation from the US wouldn't be legal under the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA ).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RickAltman said:

Thank you all very much -- Vancouver, here I come. Which cruise lines offer these itineraries?

Celebrity is one that has done it in the past.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RickAltman said:

Thank you all very much -- Vancouver, here I come. Which cruise lines offer these itineraries?

There are only going to be a few cruises each year in late September or early October at the conclusion of the Alaska cruise season. 

This year I see cruises on the Celebrity Edge embarking on September 20, Royal Princess on September 21, Celebrity Solstice on September 22, Disney Wonder on September 23, Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas on October 4 and Norwegian Sun on October 8.

Next year I only see three...Celebrity Edge 9/19, Celebrity Solstice 9/21  and Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas 10/4. 

The above were taken from cruisetimetables.com, which is a reasonably accurate source, but not official.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RickAltman said:

In addition to what Horseman said there are also a few of the ultra luxe lines that offer one way Hawaii itineraries with their ships repositioning back through French Polynesia stopping in Hawaii. Seabourn usually does it with one or two ships. Regent and Silversea have. This will vary year to year and is luck of the draw. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

In addition to what Horseman said there are also a few of the ultra luxe lines that offer one way Hawaii itineraries with their ships repositioning back through French Polynesia stopping in Hawaii. Seabourn usually does it with one or two ships. Regent and Silversea have. This will vary year to year and is luck of the draw. 

I'm not at all sure that the luxury cruises you mention sell segments and have pricing for disembarkation in Hawaii, which is why I didn't mention those cruises...but you may be right  that some do.

Edited by njhorseman