Which would you do Next?

loriva

6 hours ago, pontac said:

Which cruise line?

Most Mekong cruises are 7 days on the river. I went with Ama, but I’m pretty sure that Avalon is also. 

Loriva May I suggest checking the included excursions and on board bits and pieces. I know we’ve only traveled with Scenic but this is the reason why we have repeated three of their cruises. You could call it variations on a theme as things have been removed and others added. With, in two cases the added bonus of being greeted by on board staff by name and with open arms as your friends maybe more river cruise savvy ask them you could put together a wish list of places not visited or wanting to visit. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Loriva May I suggest checking the included excursions and on board bits and pieces. I know we’ve only traveled with Scenic but this is the reason why we have repeated three of their cruises. You could call it variations on a theme as things have been removed and others added. With, in two cases the added bonus of being greeted by on board staff by name and with open arms as your friends maybe more river cruise savvy ask them you could put together a wish list of places not visited or wanting to visit. Good luck!

Very hesitant to try Scenic again as we were affected by the hack on the company's IT system in early 2022.  It was a nightmare getting information for months after the hack, including right up to our sailing.  And they missed our pick-up at the airport in Vienna.  It was nice after that, but not as nice as our first river cruise with Crystal (RIP).

That said, I'm intrigued by their chef-led tours in France and their Asia tours.  By 2026, the pain of dealing with them may have faded enough to try again.  

9 hours ago, loriva said:

Very hesitant to try Scenic again as we were affected by the hack on the company's IT system in early 2022.  It was a nightmare getting information for months after the hack, including right up to our sailing.  And they missed our pick-up at the airport in Vienna.  It was nice after that, but not as nice as our first river cruise with Crystal (RIP).

That said, I'm intrigued by their chef-led tours in France and their Asia tours.  By 2026, the pain of dealing with them may have faded enough to try again.  

This is very old news.  Our Sept. 2023 Douro cruise was not affected by it at all, and even our Apr. 2022 Seine cruise went very smoothly despite the website issues.  Scenic is a top luxury river cruise line, and highly recommendable (IMHO).

• Like 1