Medallion Order Cancelled

puzzums

Hello,

Does Princess withhold payment of a medallion order until closer to the cruise sail date?  My cruise is two weeks away.  I had put in an order for a personalized medallion with a wrist band accessory not long after I booked the cruise.  I did not have it shipped to me.  I just got an email today saying my payment method didn’t go through and so my order has been cancelled.  It goes on to say that I can pick up my medallion (a standard medallion) on embarkation day and can purchase an accessory on board.  The credit card I originally used had to be cancelled due to fraudulent activity on it.  I immediately updated my card information in my profile when I got my replacement card.  So, just wondering if the medallion order didn’t update and they just now tried to put the order payment through, using the cancelled card number?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Hello,

Does Princess withhold payment of a medallion order until closer to the cruise sail date?  My cruise is two weeks away.  I had put in an order for a personalized medallion with a wrist band accessory not long after I booked the cruise.  I did not have it shipped to me.  I just got an email today saying my payment method didn’t go through and so my order has been cancelled.  It goes on to say that I can pick up my medallion (a standard medallion) on embarkation day and can purchase an accessory on board.  The credit card I originally used had to be cancelled due to fraudulent activity on it.  I immediately updated my card information in my profile when I got my replacement card.  So, just wondering if the medallion order didn’t update and they just now tried to put the order payment through, using the cancelled card number?

Yes, it usually charges once your Medallion is shipped.

They usually ship about 14 days before sailing, that’s why it triggered the cc payment.  Whatever cc you had in there at the time of your order.  You usually get the Medallion in the mail about 11 days before sailing.

You probably could order it now, again, if you have 14 days before sailing.  I probably, at this point, would PU at the port.  Getting close.  

24 minutes ago, puzzums said:

The credit card I originally used had to be cancelled due to fraudulent activity on it.  I immediately updated my card information in my profile

Just checked as my card was canceled due to fraud. No, the order does not update to the new # so I canceled orders on 3 cruises and re-ordered. 

THANK YOU for alerting me!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Just checked as my card was canceled due to fraud. No, the order does not update to the new # so I canceled orders on 3 cruises and re-ordered. 

THANK YOU for alerting me!

This happens with a number of companies not just cruise lines. I almost had my AAA membership canceled because my expiration date changed but the number stayed the same. I was on a cruise when I realized I hadn’t seen a charge hit my account and called once we got to a port. Just in time. Anytime you get a new or replacement card it is a good idea to keep an eye on things

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, puzzums said:

Hello,

This exact thing happened to me. I did not want Blue Lane so I just reordered my medallion (albeit the second time without bells and whistles) and it arrived several days before I flew to the port. 

If I’m not having the new medallion shipped to me (the new one being the non-customized, basic medallion with lanyard) do I still have to order it or will there be one waiting for me at the port regardless?

You do not have to order it, one will be waiting for you. 
But if you have ~week before you depart, I’d order. Worst that can happen is that you end up with two. In fact, shipping may not be available if Princess doesn’t think they can get it to you in time.