Recent experience with boarding and check in.

roberts2005

Can a recent cruiser explain the current check in process and boarding procedure?     Is it necessary to do anything on line before arriving at the port.

also, is there a way to select an arrival time or does everyone now show up at the same time?

Our last two cruises(February and April) it was quicker with the online form done and printing off the boarding pass with barcode but the people beside us hadn’t. I guess their check in took about three minutes longer nothing more

In February we had an allocated boarding time on our pass which we followed but no one checked our time and everyone was progressing to check in when they arrived. In April we did not even have a time. 

• Thanks 1

Was there any assigned boarding times?   The email I received with my boarding pass the time seems generic.

Also, does not seem anyway to do online if I wanted to.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Was there any assigned boarding times?   The email I received with my boarding pass the time seems generic.

Also, does not seem anyway to do online if I wanted to.

February yes April no

We just boarded the Quest on Saturday; showed up at noon and people were already boarding. Had printed our boarding passes but nothing else. Very fast and efficient.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a couple of questions.

When do we get our final paperwork, we are on a cruise mid July?

Do they take your photograph at the docks for your boarding card, or is there somewhere online we can do this prior to boarding on the Azamara website.

Thanks for your help.

18 minutes ago, Allwashedup said:

Just a couple of questions.

When do we get our final paperwork, we are on a cruise mid July?

Do they take your photograph at the docks for your boarding card, or is there somewhere online we can do this prior to boarding on the Azamara website.

Thanks for your help.

You (or your agent) should get an alert when documents are available through manage my booking. 
Recently I didn’t have any option to upload photos they did them on the tablets whilst boarding- all very quick and for the vain ones she even asked if they liked the photo or should she redo it before saving it to your cruise file! 

• Like 1

I'm an Az newbie too (not a cruising newbie), boarding in a few weeks.

My TA sent me the docs at 4 weeks before boarding and I have printed out the boarding pass which has the barcode and date of boarding (no time) - I guess I just turn up to board at the usual sort of time and this is all I need?

Plus passport and credit card of course!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

I'm an Az newbie too (not a cruising newbie), boarding in a few weeks.

My TA sent me the docs at 4 weeks before boarding and I have printed out the boarding pass which has the barcode and date of boarding (no time) - I guess I just turn up to board at the usual sort of time and this is all I need?

Plus passport and credit card of course!

It is indeed plus of course your happy holiday mindset. Enjoy! 😊 

• Like 1