Grand Dutch Cafe

When looking for information on the Grand Dutch cafe it mentions that there is a fee.  Is this just for the beer and wine that is served there or is the food an added cost as well?

Currently if you look back at page 42 of previous threads from February 19th there is a very helpful discussion about the Grand Dutch Cafe including a link in post #10 showing the menu of all the free items and those with fees. You might want to take a look at it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farjar said:

Currently if you look back at page 42 of previous threads from February 19th there is a very helpful discussion about the Grand Dutch Cafe including a link in post #10 showing the menu of all the free items and those with fees. You might want to take a look at it.  

I searched Grand Dutch but got so many hits, I gave up.  I'll try to narrow the search some more.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to trying several things from the GDC on our upcoming 7-day.

In general, how long is the wait after placing an order in person?  Can you pre-order for the GDC from the Navigator app?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

I am really looking forward to trying several things from the GDC on our upcoming 7-day.

In general, how long is the wait after placing an order in person?  Can you pre-order for the GDC from the Navigator app?

I've never tried to pre-order, so I can't comment on that. 

Service time is fairly quick depending on how crowded they are as sandwiches, etc are made to order. I think the longest I've waited is probably less than 10 min.

6 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

I was hoping it would be open early for first breakfast.  But as a snack for third breakfast and a pre-lunch snack will have to suffice.  Then a mid-afternoon snack followed by pre-dinner snack and pre-bedtime snack will have to do.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BBQ Bacon said:

I was hoping it would be open early for first breakfast.  But as a snack for third breakfast and a pre-lunch snack will have to suffice.  Then a mid-afternoon snack followed by pre-dinner snack and pre-bedtime snack will have to do.

Try the  giant chocolate coated cream puff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The giant croissants @waiting2retire to posted are wonderful.

You can also have actual lunch lunch (as opposed to pre-lunch) there. The sandwiches, salads and soup are terrific. 

20240203_020303.thumb.jpg.f3224b8f636ba73be3d63416d67a262f.jpg

20240103_205456.thumb.jpg.d4f7f8bd3b46fc2dbec6190a70e6d2f0.jpg

20240103_205449.thumb.jpg.707855935627619d413519bb5af919e9.jpg

They have a nice bar w/different selection of beer and if course fabulous coffee, latte, cappuccino. 

20240103_205114.thumb.jpg.b9241b58f718ea63ba47e8f811ac1c76.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

I may be in trouble with those chocolate things filled with cream.  They look amazing and we are doing a 9 day cruise.  Oh my………

They don't have them every day, so be sure to pass by and check daily. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf529f7c28da0da2065b8b167f52c510.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly I do not see Irish Cream on those shelves.  I hope that gets rectified!

That may be what goes in a hole up top by the Frangelico or Kahluha or they'll pull in a bottle like they did the Gran Mariner. 

You'll get your Bailey's!!

20240522_151324.thumb.jpg.75746d81149c8db0e55b72d9cf9e86fe.jpg

20240522_151402.thumb.jpg.20c487d3c7f55ebb0a301e6b265af96a.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

That may be what goes in a hole up top by the Frangelico or Kahluha or they'll pull in a bottle like they did the Gran Mariner. 

You'll get your Bailey's!!

20240522_151324.thumb.jpg.75746d81149c8db0e55b72d9cf9e86fe.jpg

20240522_151402.thumb.jpg.20c487d3c7f55ebb0a301e6b265af96a.jpg

Phew.  I was worried there for a bit.  If I have to deal with people, I need my medication, preferably as early in the day as possible.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Our last time on the Koningsdam the GDC was open on embarkation day with no lines.  They also had free chocolate chip cookies the size of a small dinner plate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, farjar said:

Our last time on the Koningsdam the GDC was open on embarkation day with no lines.  They also had free chocolate chip cookies the size of a small dinner plate.  

Good to know they're open for embarkation lunch; now that MDR is closed, I'll go there instead 😋 

I have been known to go by GDC on the way dinner to grab a couple chocolate chip "dinner plates" for later as they stop serving them around 8pm.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BBQ Bacon said:

I thought your avatar was a maple leaf, but I guess it is a hobbit in disguise…. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1