Melbourne. Transport ship to airport.

Approx taxi fare from Station Pier to Tullamarine please ?

Two persons.

My reading indicates about $90 ?

Yes, am aware of the Skybus option, but just currently looking at timing options before booking a flight.

Thanks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Approx taxi fare from Station Pier to Tullamarine please ?

Two persons.

My reading indicates about $90 ?

Yes, am aware of the Skybus option, but just currently looking at timing options before booking a flight.

Thanks.

We did this a number of years ago because we parked at the airport cos flew somewhere first and then sailed back into Melbourne (our home town). Thus would be maybe 7 or 8 years ago and cost us $70 then. So I’m sure it would easily be $90 now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We did this a number of years ago because we parked at the airport cos flew somewhere first and then sailed back into Melbourne (our home town). Thus would be maybe 7 or 8 years ago and cost us $70 then. So I’m sure it would easily be $90 now.

Yes, it's a loong way from Princess Pier to Tulla airport.😄

• Like 1

Yeap sounds right. Last time i disembarked from Melbourne and we got cab to southern cross it was a mess and delays for taxis. Ubers weren't even coming onto the dock area. YOu had to go out to carparking area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Melbourne would be one of the ports where I would consider the debarkation tour, depending on the cost.  
It is very day dependent and if it is a morning peak hour where there is an accident on one of the freeways it could take a long time.  Alternatively on a weekend it could take half an hour to the airport in very little traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have used a company called YD Transport.  They sent a text telling us where they were and the make and model of the vehicle.  We had a mini van as there were 4 of us with luggage.  Very professional and will definitely use them again.  Could be worth getting a quote from them.

cheers V

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

An expanded question now, but I thought I'd continue using the same thread.

Looking at the Princess EZ flight option the pricing is fair.

I'm considering that option as the flight is only 70 mins later than the earliest departure time that EZ Air permits to be booked.

That way if the ship is late arriving I am covered by EZ Air.

(Yes, I am aware of the option to stay a night in Melbourne, but want to consider all options beforehand.)

1. The previous port is Sydney, docking at OPT.

Scheduled departure is 4pm on a Thursday.

Due to departure restrictions from there, what are the subsequent restrictions on departure time due to the local ferries if the ship does not  make that 4pm departure time ?  

2. I have never used Princess airport transfers.

Are the departure times of the transfers based on those earlier  EZ Air flights ?

3. I can't find transfer booking info on the personaliser.

Can you book online, or do you have to phone ?

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

An expanded question now, but I thought I'd continue using the same thread.

Looking at the Princess EZ flight option the pricing is fair.

I'm considering that option as the flight is only 70 mins later than the earliest departure time that EZ Air permits to be booked.

That way if the ship is late arriving I am covered by EZ Air.

(Yes, I am aware of the option to stay a night in Melbourne, but want to consider all options beforehand.)

1. The previous port is Sydney, docking at OPT.

Scheduled departure is 4pm on a Thursday.

Due to departure restrictions from there, what are the subsequent restrictions on departure time due to the local ferries if the ship does not  make that 4pm departure time ?  

2. I have never used Princess airport transfers.

Are the departure times of the transfers based on those earlier  EZ Air flights ?

3. I can't find transfer booking info on the personaliser.

Can you book online, or do you have to phone ?

Thanks.

Even a 6:30pm departure from OPT should not delay the ship into Melbourne. The transfers in Sydney usually accommodate earlier flights, in Brisbane they don't. I have only used tram/skybus in Melbourne, so can't help with the timing of their transfers.

When we have booked transfers on Princess, we do it aboard at guest services. If it fits book it, if not go with your initial plan of a taxi. 

• Like 1