Does the need to be quick off the mark to book dining and entertainment put you off

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Do you know why they don’t make all the slots available on the app? 

I’m happy to use technology to make bookings both before and during the cruise - but if they are restricting what’s available, it adds to my perception that the booking system is ‘problematic’. I don’t particularly want to have to go to each venue to see if they can fit me in. 

Restaurants everywhere do this?

On land as well

It's not problematic it's how to spread bookings?

The software is designed to do that

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

With Sindhu we also found that if you went in person to book on the ship and were happy to eat at 6pm you could get in on sold out nights as well

I don’t understand why they seem to restrict what times are available on the app. If you can eat at 6pm surely you should be able to book it on the app, rather than spending time seeing if you can be fitted in on the off chance 

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Wouldn’t it be easier if more slots for all times were available on the app, rather than having to go to the maitre d and spending time telling him what you want ? 

It's literally a one minute chat I have with him after my first meal in his restaurant providing I want to book more with him and/ or swap anything

It's not a special journey. It's not a difficult or long chat. 

9 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

With Sindhu we also found that if you went in person to book on the ship and were happy to eat at 6pm you could get in on sold out nights as well

That’s great in terms of getting a table.

Just for general information if you book in advance then you get a healthy discount off the food. Booking onboard makes it more expensive.

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don’t understand why they seem to restrict what times are available on the app. If you can eat at 6pm surely you should be able to book it on the app, rather than spending time seeing if you can be fitted in on the off chance 

Because they have a degree of flexibility to help people who ask to be helped 

Meanwhile the software spreads bookings more evenly in the restaurants throughout the night and week and throughout the dining areas on the ship

When we do sold out hospitality events they also have tables for 10 deliberately set up in the venue for problems or issues 

That 99 times out of 100 remain empty

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

It's literally a one minute chat I have with him after my first meal in his restaurant providing I want to book more with him and/ or swap anything

But it might just be happening for you as a one off?  

I was unhappy with my dining on here first night so asked if it could change.  The MD didn't want to help however chatting at reception about booking Internet and a lunch the guy organised "off the books" for me to have what I wanted.  I know others wanted to do different and were told sorry we can't accommodate your request.  

If everyone tried to do as you suggest how could 6,000 people be accommodated with personal requirements, and that's a genuine question, not a wind up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Restaurants everywhere do this?

On land as well

It's not problematic it's how to spread bookings?

The software is designed to do that

I’d expect free slots to be available across all channels, whether it was online  or in person 

10 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

You’ve still got to wait for him to be free to talk.

much easier if you could book the actual time you want on the app 

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’d expect free slots to be available across all channels, whether it was online  or in person 

If they were they wouldn't remain free slots and the degree of flexibility would be lost?

Similarly they keep 6 slots back for every session of 710 club for walk ups and that's not counting no shows who free up more slots

Friends we made on arvia in Feb joined us every night without bookings in 710 club thanks to that policy

1 minute ago, Windsurfboy said:

Sorry  to be clear only before  6.30  and after  8pm available 

But isn't that fine?

It's still availability and it's still a choice

Early or late?

Like MDR

So if needed they can re-use a table (not sure if they do)

But like I say use my insider tip.

Book early ones and then on first night ask if they can be pushed back

And I'm sure they will try to help 

They want to help you