Verandah (V2) category on Deck 3 AFT locations - your opinions please

pcalv

1 hour ago, pcalv said:

I think also some people say not directly above the theatre or the Torshavn at the bow, but then a few others say that's not been an issue either.  I guess it all depends on how disturbed by bumps and music you are.

Star Theater is in the bow of the ship and effects Deck 3 cabins well forward of the forward elevators. Torshavn is midship right off the Atrium and noise effects cabins forward of the Atrium on the starboard (odd) side and gets better the closer you get to the forward elevators.

Teal is the approximate area effected by Torshavn and gold is the approximate location of the Star Theater.

IMHO, noise from the tenders is also an issue.

image.png.6699aea1d00a84e2d78b08ae1dd2d3a8.png

• Like 1

We have been in the area above Torshavn and never heard it and it does go late.

We have been right above the Star Theatre and have never heard the Star Theatre at night because we have been in attendance, BUT we have heard the Star Theatre in the afternoon when they are doing rehearsals. 

So, as long as you don't want a quiet afternoon nap, or you don't go to bed before 9:30pm, you will be good.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Star Theater is in the bow of the ship and effects Deck 3 cabins well forward of the forward elevators. Torshavn is midship right off the Atrium and noise effects cabins forward of the Atrium on the starboard (odd) side and gets better the closer you get to the forward elevators.

Teal is the approximate area effected by Torshavn and gold is the approximate location of the Star Theater.

IMHO, noise from the tenders is also an issue.

image.png.6699aea1d00a84e2d78b08ae1dd2d3a8.png

OK, I'm confused.  Wouldn't cabins on the port side be more effected by noise from Torshavn than the starboard side? Looking at deck plans 3057 and 3055 are partially over a corridor while opposite on port side 3056 and 3054 are directly over Torshavn. What am I missing?

Edited by Ready to Sail!

CDN polar were you on the Starboard side of the ship when you did nt hear Torshaven?  You were VERY lucky because it was TERRIBLE on the Sun in 2018.  We did get moved, this was during a world cruise!  We also had a passenger practicing his not very good singing ( he had permission and used all the amps until I went down one morning to investigate!)...Lots of sea days early in that cruise so I wasn't too sleep deprived...NEVER will book a gty DV again!!  BTW we always try to book a V2 (aft) which we prefer to V1 ....anchors can be noisy up there but always figured they were a good alarm clock!

1 hour ago, deec said:

CDN polar were you on the Starboard side of the ship when you did nt hear Torshaven?  You were VERY lucky because it was TERRIBLE on the Sun in 2018.  We did get moved, this was during a world cruise!  We also had a passenger practicing his not very good singing ( he had permission and used all the amps until I went down one morning to investigate!)...Lots of sea days early in that cruise so I wasn't too sleep deprived...NEVER will book a gty DV again!!  BTW we always try to book a V2 (aft) which we prefer to V1 ....anchors can be noisy up there but always figured they were a good alarm clock!

I ended up booking a V2 (Aft) stateroom based on the feedback in this forum.  Thank you everyone who contributed!

15 hours ago, deec said:

I have to look and see the cabin number....