Time of Regent transportation from Rome to port of Civitaveccia?

Posted (edited)

We will be sailing on our first cruise out of Rome. 
Does anyone know the approximate time the Regent transportation leaves from the Rome hotels?

Is there time for any sightseeing that morning?

Edited by chamima

I have cruised twice out of Civitavecchia with Regent but always used independent transportation. Even with that I wouldn’t  feel comfortable touring on my own that morning and being sure I get to the port on time. It’s about 90 minutes away. From what I understand you don’t know until you’re there what time the bus leaves for the port. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Palazzo Montemartini Rome

(It looks like it's right in the middle of everything!)

Your hotel is very near Termini which is kinda' off the beaten path for sight seeing.  I thought I might be able to recommend a site to visit before your transfer to the port, but the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and Trevi Fountain are each about a 30 minute walk.  After learning your departure time, you can decide whether you want to make a quick trip to one of the above...Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain would be the best choices.

Are you arriving in Rome the day before embarkation?  If so, do you have touring plans for that day?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Your hotel is very near Termini which is kinda' off the beaten path for sight seeing.  I thought I might be able to recommend a site to visit before your transfer to the port, but the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and Trevi Fountain are each about a 30 minute walk.  After learning your departure time, you can decide whether you want to make a quick trip to one of the above...Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain would be the best choices.

Are you arriving in Rome the day before embarkation?  If so, do you have touring plans for that day?

Yes we arrive the day before and I'm planning on hiring a private guide for that day.

The hotel site I linked looks like we're within a mile of lots of sites for that final morning. I just wondered how early the bus would be picking us up - if it's earlier that 9 or 10 we'll just hang around the hotel.

Your tour on the day you arrive will likely include the three sites I mentioned, which incidentally, are all more than a mile from your hotel.

You could do something modest such as visiting the church of Santa Maria Della Vittoria. 10 minutes walk. So many great work of art in beautiful churches. There's also the Fountain of Moses nearby. (I haven't been to either, btw.)

• Like 2

Recommendations made by Wendy are good and very close. Also, less than 15 minutes walking from your hotel is the gorgeous Basilicca Santa Maria Maggiore, I don’t get tired of visiting it

• Like 2

I listened to a YouTube video this morning by Tips For Travelers and he reminded cruise passengers to pay attention to the cruise line's required time to embark, not the time of the ship's departure. The cruise line has the right to refuse your embarking if you arrive after the required time and you can lose your entire vacation payment. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NanJ0508 said:

I listened to a YouTube video this morning by Tips For Travelers and he reminded cruise passengers to pay attention to the cruise line's required time to embark, not the time of the ship's departure. The cruise line has the right to refuse your embarking if you arrive after the required time and you can lose your entire vacation payment. 

Ok but...the OP inquired about what time the Regent provided bus leaves not independent transportation.

Edited by 2SailingNomads
Typo
  • Thanks 1