Ferry to St. George or Hamilton from Dockyard?

39 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Will be arriving on Royal- Liberty of the Seas on 8/3, looking for a Ferry to St. George and maybe Hamilton, to see the Island from the water.  Travelling with two little ones.. Any info is appreciated including cost, etc... 

The ferry to St. George does not run on the weekend. You can take the ferry to Hamilton. Cost is $5 cash or $4.50 if you buy tokens. Children 5-15 is $2.75 cash. The ferry schedule has all the times. http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer Ferry Schedule 2024.pdf

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Is there another option to get to St. George?  I assume by bus or Taxi... Any idea on suggestions- Thanks.  

Ferry to Hamilton followed by bus or taxi to St. George. Taxi would be about $45 plus tip Mon-Sat for 1-4 passengers, 50% more on Sunday

Taxi from Dockyard to St. George (Expensive: about $85 to $90 plus tip one way Mon. -Sat. for 1-4 passengers. 50% more on Sunday)

Bus to Hamilton followed by bus to St. George...takes up to two hours

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

How old are the little ones? 
We are just now disembarking the Norwegian Joy after a week in Bermuda, which we have visited several times.

I agree with the poster above who advises skipping St George if you are only there for one day. It is too far to do comfortably. But why would you want to take little ones into Hamilton? Its attraction is mostly shopping.

With little ones, I would grab a shuttle off from the boat and visit one of the beautiful nearby beaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trivia addict said:

How old are the little ones? 
We are just now disembarking the Norwegian Joy after a week in Bermuda, which we have visited several times.

I agree with the poster above who advises skipping St George if you are only there for one day. It is too far to do comfortably. But why would you want to take little ones into Hamilton? Its attraction is mostly shopping.

With little ones, I would grab a shuttle off from the boat and visit one of the beautiful nearby beaches.

18 months and 10 months