On Serenity now- Miami to San Diego

ivyleaguegent

20 minutes ago, Helene1111 said:

Is the Serenity anchored in grand cayman today per schedule or is the ship skipping and going straight to Cartagena? 

It skipped Grand Cayman and is headed to Cartagena. Bad thunderstorms and wind gusting in excess of 30 kn.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am also on board. Very bad weather this morning as Ivyleague said. Pouring rain and very little visibility. 

Food and service have been excellent! Love our aquamarine suite, very spacious with a great closet and huge shower. Enjoyed the supper club last night as well. 

Hoping the weather improves for Cartagena and the canal transit. 

IMG_4449.jpeg

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 8

Agree with everything WNcruiser said. Also,we’re so impressed with how quickly the staff reacted to missing the port. They immediately set up lectures and activities for passengers. A rainy day on Crystal is still a wonderful day!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:26 PM, RoselleU said:

Would love to see the daily Reflections if anyone would be willing to post them. Thanks!

Is there anything specific you are looking for? I have them but that’s a lot of pages to post. 

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Today’s reflections. We are also enjoying our cruise.  Looking forward to the Canal transit tomorrow.  

74DDC922-70BE-4C5A-A8DB-CDB8898BECEB.pdf 755.58 kB · 11 downloads

Reflections editor is clearly not a hockey fan….

Stanley Cup Finals, Game 3, Florida Oilers vs Edmonton Panthers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I cannot thank you both enough. My husband and I did this cruise on Symphony in October 2019 and just loved it. Boarded in Costa Rica and disembarked in New Orleans (where we live). Counting the days until we board Serenity in NYC in September.

• Like 4

I posted this on another forum.  So I will repeat the post.   Last night we had our first dinner in Osteria.  We had some reservations because of some negative past posts comparing this with the old Prego.  Definitely the menu is different, with no Italian American dishes (no American lasagna etc.).  Used to eating real Italian cuisine as we have a local restaurant that only has regional recipes, and refuses to include Italian American items (how he stays in business is a ??).

Overall impression was excellent both food quality, taste, freshness and the provided wine.

Starter was a -Cold lobster appetizer with tomatoes and a lobster bisque sauce.  Fresh tasting. Excellent. 

Spaghetti Pomodoro with fresh tomatoes. Perfectly cooked pasta.  DW had this as a main. I had this as a 2nd appetizer in a small portion 

Beautiful lamb tenderloin plus a small rack. It was melt in your mouth tender.  Never have had lamb so tender. 

We booked two more 6pm seatings as we left the restaurant.

IMG_4466.jpeg

IMG_4467.jpeg

IMG_4468.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2