TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Agree completely! And yeah, everything this far has been credit card/Apple Pay, just like last year in Western Europe. Super easy. I always pay in Euros, the exchange rate has been so close lately it’s just easier that way. 

For instance, that meal was 28 euros and change - we immediately got a bank notification that the card was charged $30. It’s incredibly close right now. 

Tips are very different here imho. They aren’t generally expected at all, so anything you give is usually much appreciated 

Also, depending on the country you're in, 10% is considered a 'good' tip for good service 🙂

Edit: I just saw @purpleally posted the same 

Edited by RobertL88
  • Like 3

Thanks for taking us along to Rijeka with you. It looks like it is very easy to navigate and just explore without an organized tour. I will definitely have to consider this when planning my European cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cscomedygrl said:

From the pics, ship doesn't look at all crowded. Are you avoiding crowds or is it really calm? 

Some of both, honestly! Jewel class has always seemed to hold her crowds well- one thing I love about this size of ship 

• Like 9

Okay, wifi has been sluggish and I’ve fallen a bit behind - BUT! Here’s your recap- I have had two 🦬 and B is on Lemon Drop #3, all from Suraj 🇮🇳, Shakers. Also, bar snacks!

IMG_2998.thumb.jpeg.227971708936ed1303af2e7fde033280.jpeg

IMG_2997.thumb.jpeg.8122321c778b06822d7cd8316cfaa563.jpeg

• Like 24

Koper Slovenia is another excellent port to just get off the ship and wander.  Enjoy your day there.  We especially loved the Lord Byron Pub and spent a couple happy hours there.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, wifi has been sluggish and I’ve fallen a bit behind - BUT! Here’s your recap- I have had two 🦬 and B is on Lemon Drop #3, all from Suraj 🇮🇳, Shakers. Also, bar snacks!

IMG_2998.thumb.jpeg.227971708936ed1303af2e7fde033280.jpeg

IMG_2997.thumb.jpeg.8122321c778b06822d7cd8316cfaa563.jpeg

Yum I love lemon drops and we got those snacks the the first time. 

When we went to Cagney's we went to the bar for a pre dinner drink and I saw numerous ladies drinking a pretty blue drink, looked like a blue lemon drop lol.

Asked one lady what was it called and she said a blue lady. It was delicious! Can't wait to have it again.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, pcrum said:

...so the cheers package added to the Carnival fare is always a bit of sticker shock compared to NCL. 

You always need to compare an apple to an apple comparing Carnival and NCL. The drink package on NCL costs 21.80 per day, but more than that is already baked into the fare.

If you are set on the Italian style ships, you only have two to choose from the Venezia out of NYC or Port Canaveral or the Firenze out of Long Beach. If you want the largest that Carnival offers (Excel Class),  it's the Mardi Gras out of PC, the Celebration out of MIA or the Jubilee out of Galveston.  The three Excel Class ships are the closest to what NCL offers on their newer ships.  I've sailed on the Prima 3 times, the Escape 3 times, the Encore and the Bliss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Koper Slovenia is another excellent port to just get off the ship and wander.  Enjoy your day there.  We especially loved the Lord Byron Pub and spent a couple happy hours there.  

We have our one and only NCL excursion in Koper, but if we have time we have written this down and will hunt it down! Thank you!!

• Like 5