First time on RC - laundry, internet ?s

Firstin87

Hi All,

We've cruised quite a bit, but this will be our first time on Royal Caribbean.  I've searched on CC, but can't find the answers to a couple of newbie questions.  We re on the Rhapsody of the Seas, 7 days, in an Owner's Suite.

Laundry - Being new, we will not get a free laundry perk.  Does RC do a 'sale' on a bag of laundry during a 7 day cruise?  If so, about how big is the bag/how much fits in the bag?

Internet - We're on a port intensive cruise and will have wifi when docked, so are not buying an internet package.  However, our last day is a sea day, so we won't be able to check in for our flight the next day.  Is there a way to check in for our flight that day (iCafe or Suite Lounge lets you do so for free??

Thank you for your help!

There is a sale bag.  The "Wash and fold" promotion. The bags are big enough to shove a lot in there, but I wouldn't put anything in the bag that's anything at all delicate.  Underwear, t-shirts, casual shorts, jeans, etc are fine. Jeans will take up a lot of space though.

Many regular cruisers will take a travel size thing of Tide or similar washing detergent and do any more delicate things (or stain removal) just in the bathroom sink.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

I've used the wash and fold service repeatedly and never had any problem.  However, I restrict my use of it to nothing but casual and inexpensive clothes.  Primarily underwear and t-shirts.  Being in a suite you'll be offered  free pressing on day 1 in preparation of formal night on day 2.

You can buy a single day of internet for one person on the last day that will allow you to checkin for flights etc.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

I have never had any issues with the wash and fold laundry bag either, just nothing delicate as stated above. 

If you are staying in an Owners Suite, you should be able to go to the concierge and have them check you in for your flights and print boarding passes to avoid purchasing a day of internet. 

• Like 1

We use the W&F laundry on every cruise where it is applicable (5+ nights) and have never, ever had anything damaged or ruined.  I send nearly everything out to be laundered.  The tales of damage from the ship’s laundry are very overblown, in my experience.  

• Thanks 3

In the before times, you could access some of the common travel sites from the computers in the Internet Cafe/RC Online/Library, where ever they put them now WITHOUT logging into your Voom account. Not sure if that works anymore, but someone might be able to confirm/deny it.

Thank you all so very much for the great information!

We've done laundry countless times on NCL (~20 cruises with them) and have never had a problem, and I also don't put anything delicate or important in the bags.  We're on a cruise out of San Juan in August, so I'm thinking underwear, t-shirts, and, if necessary, shorts.  Hopefully, the shorts won't need to go and that will save a lot of space for more tees.

Good to know about the possibility of the concierge getting us checked in for our flight.  At worse, we buy one day of internet.  Good to know not to worry about that until we're onboard.

Looking forward to sailing on a new line.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

If you're sailing on Rhapsody, I'm guessing you're sailing out of Tampa?  Being a small port, it's so easy to navigate -- and sailing out under the bridge is very cool!  My retired engineer husband love-love-loved it.

We've only used the wash-and-fold once, and we had no problems with the quality -- we just didn't find it a very good value.  

I agree you'll be able to ask the concierge for help -- or Guest Services.  Failing that, you could always ask someone by the pool if they have internet services -- buy them a drink for 10 minutes of help.  Worse come to worse, you can always check in at the terminal; not as efficient, but you'll still get on your flight. 

We are sailing out of San Juan. Rhapsody does several different 7 day itineraries in August and September (and probably other months, but we didn't check) that hit the hard-to0get-to St. Croix.  With eh humidity that time of year, I plan to bring extra shirts to change during the day, so am hoping to use the 'sale laundry bag' for underwear, socks, and shirts - all items that won't be harmed in the laundry.

We have sailed out of Tampa before and it is a nice port and lovely sail away.  Nice for your husband to appreciate the bridge from a different perspective than the rest of us, Mum2Mercury.

We're on the other end of the spectrum - we were there on our honeymoon in 1987 and haven't been able to get back there since.  An NCL cruise we were on last Feb. was due to dock there, but Mother Nature said 'not today, folks'.  Seeing that the Rhapsody hits St. Croix on most (all?) their itineraries in Aug. and Sept. makes us feel more confidant that we'll make it this time.

15 minutes of free internet available on Voom Program. Inside the access internet part of app, hit the blue writing that says something about downloading the app. Then you have 15 continueous minutes of free internet to check-in and get your boarding passes on your airline app. (take a photo of the boarding passes to avoid connection issues at the airport)

On a 7 day cruise, what is the usual day the 'sale laundry bag' is offered and what is the usual turnaround time?  With the humidity of the So. Caribbean in August, I'm planning on extra shirts to change into after sweating buckets on port excursions.  We're from Calif., so the humidity is hard on us - lol.

9 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

On a 7 day cruise, what is the usual day the 'sale laundry bag' is offered and what is the usual turnaround time?  With the humidity of the So. Caribbean in August, I'm planning on extra shirts to change into after sweating buckets on port excursions.  We're from Calif., so the humidity is hard on us - lol.

48 hours in our experience.