booked 2 hump rooms

When we booked our cruise we booked 2 hump rooms on each side of the ship on the 7th floor.

I THOUGHT our room was the side without the elevator because it was the better of the 2 rooms (says my TA). I booked the elevator side for my Aunt and Uncle.

My TA just sent me our reservation number and when I go to RCCL website and look at the map it shows us on the elevator side. I am going to look at the documents when I get home because I am almost 100% certain we should be on the other side.

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference in the sides before I make a big deal about it. AND yes, I am choosing the better room because I have booked all the flights, hotels, cruise excursions and I feel like I deserve the better room *they agree too :rolleyes: )

We just had a hump cabin on the "elevator side" on the AOS last month and had no issues with it. What exactly are you concerned about? If it's noise, we didn't hear a thing.....there is an embankment so that the corridor leading to the cabins isn't exposed directly to the elevator. Not sure which ship you are on, but my guess is it would be the same?

If you booked 2 of the same category cabins in the same location on either side of the ship - I doubt highly there will be any real difference between the two.

It depends on which room you are talking about. Did you say they were E1's? If you look at the deck plans, you should see that if the rooms are 7608 / 7108 or 7594 / 7094, then the port/elevator side is MUCH MUCH BETTER. LOOK AT THE BALCONIES. They are HUGE!

Any other rooms on the hump, it won't matter which side - they are the same.

Hope this helps.

it isnt the noise issue.

The TA was saying that one without the elevator had a better view. I dont want to give my room numbers out here, however its on the front part of the humps facing the front of the ship.

If it is the cabin right next to the outside elevators on the forward side, YOU want that cabin! The balcony is absolutely spectacular. My brother and SIL had cabin 8088 on the Radiance. Check out the deckplans. If your room is similar to this one...it's the one you want...no question!

Your view straight down to the ocean will be obstructed by the lifeboat covers, but the HUGE balcony makes up for it all day long!

Tracy

Archived