Quest Oceanview room

Posted (edited)

Good day… my wife and I are considering a close book in for Quest 12 day Canada cruise.  Seabourn has a semi attractive rate on the Oceanview room guarantee.  By the actual deck view they are only displaying 2 V3 balcony remaining. 

question… how is the ocean view room.  Aside from lack of balcony is it claustrophobic or any other major negatives? We have only been on ovation and Encore and excited to try out the smaller ship too 🙂

We have only done the balcony 3 times and do like having the fresh air but willing to try out the Oceanview.

many thanks!

Edited by goodvino808

The suite is exactly like the V1’s to V4’s with the exception of the balcony and are on deck 4.  

We had an ocean view on the odyssey last year on an Alaska cruise.  The location was very convenient as it was close to the restaurant.  As my husband rarely goes out on the balcony and the cruise was a cooler weather cruise, I decided to save some money by sailing in an ocean view suite.  In hindsight, I doubt I’d do it again.  It would have to be a really good price and the right itinerary. While I don’t use the balcony like some others do, I missed not being able to go out there at times.  I didn’t find it overly claustrophobic once I got use to it.  

Since you have the potential of cooler weather and possibly rough weather (it’s hurricane season), not having a balcony and being on a lower deck has its advantages.

just my 2 cents! 

Nancy

• Like 1

We choose Verandah staterooms because we like the additional natural light that the big glass dooors out to the verandah provide.  We don't use the verandah all that much.  But as others have pointed out, the square footage inside and the design are the same for the oceanview rooms.

• Like 1

The; window is pretty large, and the corridor outside is separate from the main corridor, so always quiet.  We did like the position, near the dining room and also near the forward lifts - but of course they are quite a walk then to the Square and Colonnade etc.  For a cruise where it is unlikely you would want to sit on a balcony, perfectly fine and should be appreciably cheaper.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 7:54 AM, goodvino808 said:

Good day… my wife and I are considering a close book in for Quest 12 day Canada cruise.  Seabourn has a semi attractive rate on the Oceanview room guarantee.  By the actual deck view they are only displaying 2 V3 balcony remaining. 

If you're hoping that you will receive a V3 cabin, don't get your hopes too high.  You may, but there often is last minute juggling of cabins, such as paid upgrades or possibly moving speakers/entertainers to the V3 and with you ending up with an oceanview cabin. However, you said you're willing to try that, so it sounds as though you'll be ok either way.

14 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

If you're hoping that you will receive a V3 cabin, don't get your hopes too high.  You may, but there often is last minute juggling of cabins, such as paid upgrades or possibly moving speakers/entertainers to the V3 and with you ending up with an oceanview cabin. However, you said you're willing to try that, so it sounds as though you'll be ok either way.

Thanks we ended up passing on the booking.   Appreciate the input though!