"Never again" Threads

janetz

Personally, I wish there were more "never agains". Then maybe I could get my Interline discount back that Carnival cancelled because they are filling the ships without it!!!

Last May we did a four day Western on the Imagination - dispite having a ton of graduating high school seniors that seemed to get drunk alot we had an amazing time. We have also done a 7 day Eastern on Disney (Nov 04) which was really great - and 7 day western on Mariner of the Seas this past January. We have booked a 8 day on the Legend and we are looking forward to this trip. I thought the beds on the Imagination were the best and the food was very good. They sat us with five other couples without their children and we also met another couple on an excursion that we ended hanging out with. (We are mid/late fourties). I thought the staff on the imagination were far better than the Mariner. In fact we ran into alot of staff on the Mariner that were downright rude. That doesn't really make me not want to try RCCL again either - we book for the places we want to see and I am wanting to go to Panama/Costa Rica and Belieze. Plus the four sea days are really attractive to me. We don't go until January 3 - I can hardly contain myself;)

Hi Debbie. I think you said it all when you mentioned that its important to do your research. When I did the Port Canaveral-Bahamas 4 day cruise on the Fantasy, which in itself is one of the more mass market oriented ones, I went in May after the winter breaks but before school was out. So the timing on that one was everything.

Personally I love the short cruises on the west coast. Sorry to say I haven't done the Carnival run you are eyeing but I did do the HAL repo from Vancouver down to San Diego last fall.

I agree with you on the effort and money spent to do such a short cruise but I like to mix them in with a land vacation if I am doing one far from home. Although I have also gone and come back in just 4 days before. It is rough and not for everyone but sometimes having lots of time is not a luxury for me. But last year I did three days visiting relatives in BC and then spent a few days visiting San Diego and even Mexico before coming home. A four day cruise became a 10 day vacation. This may not be for everyone but it worked well for us.

Thinking some day I'd like to do the Carnival 4 or 5 day New England/Canada cruise out of NYC.

Personally, I wish there were more "never agains".

I really couldn't agree more. Although I would like to see everyone have a great time, there are those that are predisposed to having a bad time... or so it would seem.

I say let them all disappear... and decrease the surplus cruise population...

Archived