Favourite Crew Member

ladysadie

Ah now here is a hard one as they are all so good but....

The best Maitre D' we have ever met Mustafa (he is very very special. The service he provided was 6 star plus). I have been to some so called top restaurants in London and no Maire D' is even a patch on him.

Hotel director is jointly the incredible Klaus Lugmeir and the wonderful Calvin Lodge.

Food and beverage - Sean (from Austria)

Our favourite waiter is and always will be Felix (from St Lucia) what a great person (Dawn Xmas 04)

We were also served in Impressions by Dimitriu a great chareacter and waiter.

We must also mention Asst Maitre D'Laura (salsa on the dawn) and her boyfriend and Gary of Cagnys.

There are so many and I hope that we have not missed anyone who served us so well on the Dawn and Jewel. :)

• 1 year later...
Let's see if I can remember.

Alex, conceirge on the Wind 10/03.

Irina, conceirge on the Majesty 5/04.

Vic, Asst. Martre'd on the Majesty 9/03.

Anshuman, butler on the Crown, 6/04.

I just remembered 2 more: Leo from Honduras, bartender on the Majesty in 1994 & Wayne, barwaiter on the Majesty in 1996.

It seems that each cruise produces a new "favorite" as the crew changes. It would appear that the staff/crew on most NCL ships are all exceptional. We have never walked down a hall, entered a restaurant or show without being treated special and greeted warmly each time. The last cruise we were very pleased by Hugo, the Hotel Director and Anca the concierge as well as Mustafa, who was the restaurant Manager. I guess this is why we keep coming back!

:D My son! :D

Actually I have been very impressed by most of the staff on board. All have been friendly and helpful. I had a pool barstaff on the Sun that I NEVER had to ask for a refill to my soda, he was always on top of it. Unfortunately I don't recall his name. But if I have to name names:

Waiter - Romeo on the Norway for taking good care of me when I was experiencing a reaction to the seasick patch and felt seasick from it.

Captains - Stefan Nordberg for his charming personality and Sverre Sovdsnes for his sense of humor.

Cruise Staff - Ricky Matthews for his never ending energy.

Entertainer - Shawn Farquar. He makes card tricks interesting and is just a really nice guy with a great family.

Plus all the great chefs, stewards, waitstaff, entertainment and those behind the scenes that do so much of the work that we don't see but are a major element to the experience, especially the bakers that make that wonderful Banana Bread!

On our 3/16/06 cruise on the Dawn, Humberto was head and shoulders above all the other servers we encountered. He really dazzled with his abilities to make everything perfect. It was obvious he takes great pride in his work. I could go on and on. We also thought "Speedy" Gonzales and Lewis Tan were very good. It was our experience that service varied greatly on NCL compared to other cruise lines we have been on. I do have to say Humberto could work on any line he chooses. He was that much better than the rest.

I have to say Humberto stands out about the rest. We met him on the Norway, and were lucky enough to have him on the dawn 5 times......He takes such pride in his work, is a gentleman, and somehow never forgets what you like and how you like it, and always knows what the best meal is for dinner that night........like true old fashioned cruising. He is the best!!!

With regards, from his family

Also have to say, Jaques as the hotel director......is the best, made us feel like we're coming home,

and of course Olivia, and her adopted sister....you know who you are!!! Olivia is an up and coming Humberto......lol

And Charles what can i say, our room steward in the Garden Villa.......He is so professional, kind, we thought he was the best of the best

All of my favorites have been on the Dawn

Our favorite waitress on the Majesty for many years was Gabriella in the LeBistro. We had heard through the grapevine that she would be on the Pearl :D so we were really happy to hear that but when we cruised in April she was no longer there. :eek:

There was no repo cruise on the Majesty this year...is Jhoey still there? He never failed to amuse us.

Met Shawn Farquar on the Sky as he was getting ready to make a move to Canada. Not sure if he has been back to NCL. We took an excursion to Disney in CA and he was on the bus collecting watches...as he always said "It's my Job!" :D

Our all time favorite is no longer with NCL. James Deering was hotel director on the Sky. He made that cruise very special for our CC group. Some day we might have to give another cruiseline a chance so we can say hi again?

Our all time favorite is no longer with NCL. James Deering was hotel director on the Sky. He made that cruise very special for our CC group. Some day we might have to give another cruiseline a chance so we can say hi again?

I have to admit, I thought he was wonderful too. He was the

Hotel Manager on a HAL cruise I went on in 2005. He treated our CC group very well. He told us that he read the CC boards as often as he could. That is such a responsible thing to do.

Rob Brand - Asst Food & Bev Mgr (Star 02) - From Australia, he made our cruise very special. The most gracious management personnel we've ever met on a cruise.

Elaine - Internet Mgr (Star 02) - She was a hoot! Took it upon herself to organize our CC meeting.

Rex - Bar Steward (Star 02) - Phillipines - He was everywhere and took care of us. He even had lunch with us off the ship during his free time in port.

Ilaina - Bar Steward (Sun 05) - Ukraine - Always there when we needed her and full of great conversation. Swore she remembered us from the Dream03.

My all time favourite must be the first officer on the Majesty back in 2002, Svein I think his name was. A really friendly and handsome young norwegian :D

Cruise Staff Lourdes from the philippines was also very lovely.

Hands down - Alex Forbes (concierge on the Pearl), Denny (sainted butler on the Dawn), James Deering (former HD on the Dawn, former HD on HAL and now HD with Pricess).

All three were extraordinary (we nicknamed Alex "Magic Man" for his ability to make "IT" happen - no matter what and to do it with grace and style).

Our all time favorire is our waiter Prince Charles. Yes that's really his name. Sailed with him 3 times on the Dawn, and twice on the Spirit, and another one booked on the Spirit with him as well. We have become friends, and now keep in touch between cruises. When we visitied Dominica as a port of call, his family took us around for the day.

Friendship aside, he is the BEST waiter. Perfect service and very professional, not cloying. One cruise he switched to a brand new asst waiter midweek, and the new guy was lost. Prince just did the work of both, didn't miss a beat.

And then there's the cherries. My daughters like cherries on their ice cream. Each night there would be more and more. At the chocolate buffet, prince shows up out of nowhere with a whole plate of cherries for them. It's just one example of how he goes above and beyond.

I have read on other boards where people disparage the service on NCL, assuming auto tippping gets worse service. I disagree- the best waiter afloat is on an NCL ship!

Hi Al - it's Lin! You too were a hero - you also had a great-looking blonde on your arm........

John and I send our best!

Hi Lin and John. Yes I have a great looking wife. Since we talked, we booked a TA for next year. Wanted to do the Gem, but the European ports were so few. We would have ended up in Boston, which would have been a nice time to visit the kids. Any future cruises scheduled?

Hi from Donna.

Al

Hands down - Alex Forbes (concierge on the Pearl), Denny (sainted butler on the Dawn), James Deering (former HD on the Dawn, former HD on HAL and now HD with Pricess).

All three were extraordinary (we nicknamed Alex "Magic Man" for his ability to make "IT" happen - no matter what and to do it with grace and style).

Do you know which Princess ship James Deering is on?

I last heard James has been promoted and is working for corporate. Check with Princess Cruise Lines directly. :)

My friend was on the Crown Princess for the Canada/NE on the 15th of September and she said he was on that cruise. He came to their CC gathering.

Archived