Star Princes Exclusive Photos By Crew Members

HumanCookie

Wow. Great find. I wonder how far away from the main hot spot those cabins are? Looks like a lot of heat and smoke damage. Some of that balcony furniture must have been put outside after the fire. It is still white and not melted.

Wow. Incredible photos. I didn't realize the internal cabin damage was so bad. I'd read on these boards about all the smoke damage to cabins but the pix of the burned out cabin showing only the metal mattress springs is really something.

Some people looking at those are the ones that were staying in those cabins. Thats real scary for them. Thanks for the link. It is amazing that more were not killed or injured. Thanks to the crew for helping everyone. What an ordeal.

WOW great pictures.If you study fires you can tell the area with the most damage is where it probably started so I have to say that the cabin with the burned out beds is the starting point. Wonder what cabin that was? Wonder if we will ever hear what started the fire? ohh well just be glad more people did not die. Thanks for sharing the web site

Oh my....what astonishing photos. :eek: The one that I seem to remember the most (who knows why?) is the one with the bag of pretzels which looked unscathed but the bananas next to it are burned! The one with the bed springs remaining is really scary. Like everyone above has said...I can't believe there were no more injuries or deaths.

Just noticed that in one photo in the bottom right corner (this pic is on page 2, 2nd to bottom row) the person taking the photo (?) has a lighter in his hand. I guess the lights were out and they were using this for lighting for the photo?

Those photos confirm my doubts that she will be ready for May 15th. Her internal damage is far more extensive than the outside damage that the media released at the time the fire happened. She only arrived in Germany yesterday and is now in drydock. To put that damage right is not going to be an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.

The damage is like peeling an onion, the more layers you remove, the deeper the damage has travelled.

One thing is for certain though.

It is truly amazing that more lives were not lost, not that it cheapens the life that did get lost. And it is truly remarkable that the crew were able to halt the fire spreading any further than it did.

I think we all have to thank the crew for bringing the blaze under control remember they are crew and not fire fighters

There are a group of trained firefighters aboard this and other cruise ships. Fighting fires on shipboard is a technically demanding skill, and not something just randomly assigned to crew members who might be available. General crewmembers on the Star clearly did a marvelous job evacuating and mustering passengers, but the firefighting was undoubtedly managed by the trained firefighting team and the officer responsible for it.

Archived