randi's happy horses

muffy168

Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are both 21, and we've both ridden horses before, and I was just wondering if you think we'll still have a good time in the sense of being able to go faster. A lot of people are talking about whether the horses go slow enough for them, which is completly understandable, but if I wanted to gallop around, is that possible as well? Thanks for helping.

Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are both 21, and we've both ridden horses before, and I was just wondering if you think we'll still have a good time in the sense of being able to go faster. A lot of people are talking about whether the horses go slow enough for them, which is completly understandable, but if I wanted to gallop around, is that possible as well? Thanks for helping.

They let us because we knew how to ride! It was Valentine's Day last year.....so romantic on the beach with DH:p

Hey all,

They let us because we knew how to ride! It was Valentine's Day last year.....so romantic on the beach with DH:p

DO NOT WEAR SHORTS!!!!!!!! sandals are also a bad and painful choice.

the Ideal attire is

T-shirt

Long pants

close toed shoes

and for women i recommend supportive undergarments... (e.g. Sports Bra)

I doubt it will be very cold, so a jacket probably isn't needed, but if you wear shorts and sandals it will cause very very bad chafing(SP?)

After you meet in the terminal area, Randi and Tony will take you all out of the terminal and load you in the local taxis (pick ups with a seating area built in the bed) for a short ride to the water taxi. The water taxi loads from a dock at both ends of the journey, so you don't get wet. Unless you fall in the water.:p At the dock on Stone Island, transportation is waiting to take you to the horses: it is a tractor drawn cart. A short ride through the island and you are at the horses. You can leave what you don't want to take with you on the ride and they will bring it to Victor's at the end; I did this with my guitar this past NYE cruise (08)and a lot of people did this with backpacks. At Victor's a lot of people changed clothes to play on the beach. Reverse the transportation to get home. Pictures at http://ronrythm.com/RandisHorses1.html

Enjoy

Ron

Ron: Thank you so much! That is exactly the description I needed! Can't wait to go!

After you meet in the terminal area, Randi and Tony will take you all out of the terminal and load you in the local taxis (pick ups with a seating area built in the bed) for a short ride to the water taxi. The water taxi loads from a dock at both ends of the journey, so you don't get wet. Unless you fall in the water.:p At the dock on Stone Island, transportation is waiting to take you to the horses: it is a tractor drawn cart. A short ride through the island and you are at the horses. You can leave what you don't want to take with you on the ride and they will bring it to Victor's at the end; I did this with my guitar this past NYE cruise (08)and a lot of people did this with backpacks. At Victor's a lot of people changed clothes to play on the beach. Reverse the transportation to get home. Pictures at http://ronrythm.com/RandisHorses1.html

Enjoy

Ron

Do we need to tip anyone? How much? Or does Randi take care of it?

Do we need to tip anyone? How much? Or does Randi take care of it?

You tip as you feel the service was worth. I gave some extra to Randi to spread out among the workers. I got the feeling they pooled their tips anway. How much did I tip? More than $5, less than $100.:o I get embarrassed talking about money. But the service is good and the basic price is so reasonable compared to what the cruise lines charge, so I think a tip is deserved in this case. Plus I tipped the waiter at Victor's, normal restaurant style. And I tipped Randi's dog a tidbit from my plate. Talk about puppy dog eyes!

Ron

You tip as you feel the service was worth. I gave some extra to Randi to spread out among the workers. I got the feeling they pooled their tips anway. How much did I tip? More than $5, less than $100.:o I get embarrassed talking about money. But the service is good and the basic price is so reasonable compared to what the cruise lines charge, so I think a tip is deserved in this case. Plus I tipped the waiter at Victor's, normal restaurant style. And I tipped Randi's dog a tidbit from my plate. Talk about puppy dog eyes!

Ron

Aloha Ron!! :)

If Randi meets at 8:30 AM does that mean 7:30 AM ship time (Golden)?

Just trying to be sure. Thanks.

I believe Mazatlan time is ship time.

Ron

Sorry, but what I meant was there seemed to be alot of potential people to tip: local taxi, water taxi, tractor-drawn cart, trail guides, and then back again. I guess what I should have asked was do we have to tip everybody we meet or does Randi take care of them all?

I guess what I should have asked was do we have to tip everybody we meet or does Randi take care of them all?

[/color][/font]

If you tip Randi, she dispurses among her crew. Chris is fabulous (at Victor's), so we always tip him extra (which he shares with the kitchen, I believe.)

ISorry, but what I meant was there seemed to be alot of potential people to tip: local taxi, water taxi, tractor-drawn cart, trail guides, and then back again. I guess what I should have asked was do we have to tip everybody we meet or does Randi take care of them all?

You don't need to worry about the transportation people, they are all taken care of by Randi & Tony. Tipping your trail guides is done through Randi at the end of lunch at Victor's when you settle your bill with Randi. Sorry I misunderstood the question. I blame it on the prescription ffor my bronchitis which is supposed to make me sleepy, but instead is making me stupid:D Or perhaps just bringing out my native talent for that:eek:

Aloha Tina, we have a Hawaiian show on Saturday. I hope I'm well enough to make it.

Enjoy

Ron

Aloha Tina, we have a Hawaiian show on Saturday. I hope I'm well enough to make it.

Enjoy

Ron

Aloha Ron - I hope you are feeling better! Hapa is here Saturday night, but I will miss it for a Kane Kahiko competition up in the bay area. It was a tough choice.:eek:

Get better so you can make it to your show. :)

Hey all,

Yes, is this the only excursion that I've found where they let you

actually gallop the horses. Before you get your horse mention

to them that you want to gallop as they try to match the horse to

your skill level. DH and I always gallop up ahead and the turn around

and gallop back to the group. Then we walk for awhile to let the

horses catch their breath and then repeat the process. I had asked

Randi if it was okay to run the horses before we booked. I kept

thinking they were going to tell us to stop but they never did.

One of the best days of my life.

You don't need to worry about the transportation people, they are all taken care of by Randi & Tony. Tipping your trail guides is done through Randi at the end of lunch at Victor's when you settle your bill with Randi. Sorry I misunderstood the question. I blame it on the prescription ffor my bronchitis which is supposed to make me sleepy, but instead is making me stupid:D Or perhaps just bringing out my native talent for that:eek:

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Randi is awesome! I have been hoping that enough people would book an excursion with her on 4/3/08 and it finally happened! I will once again get to enjoy riding through the fruit trees and on the beach. She even asked if I wanted the same horse I rode last time, if I remembered, which I don't! You can't go wrong with Randi's Happy Horses!

Good evening all from the library on the Golden Princess. We just left Mazatlan and a trip to Randi's Happy Horse's....Can I just say awesome!!!!

If you do not book her, you are missing out. We will do it again. Ihave not been on a horse in over 20 years....they made us feel very welcome.

Just outstanding......

Kbears...I hope you do get a chance to go back...we finally got to this past January and enjoyed it as much as we did the first time. Randi is one of those people you meet that becomes an instant friend...we plan to go see her again...only this time we won't wait 5 years.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Ship time and local time are the same time in Cabo and Mazatlan on the Golden. Ship time is 1 hour behind local time in PV on the Golden. So in PV when it is 7 am ship time, it is 8 am local time.

This sounds like something my kids ages 6 and 8 would love to do. They aren't experienced however. But, my real concern is the heat & sun. We are all very fair skinned. Just being in the heat turns my kids' faces red. We are going in August. How long would we be on the horses? If we have to wear jeans/pants and tennis shoes, are we going to sweat to death?

Archived