Captains VIP Cocktail Party

gladiola

I am sailing on POA in May and I'm staying in a suite. Does anyone know what day after sailing does the Captains cocktail party take place and what time? Is it a dressy casual affair? I've already planned my excursions and wanted to know if I would make it back to the ship on time, and have enough time to change into appropriate attire.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

I've never know the Captain's Cocktail Party to interfere with anything. I think it's early in the afternoon -- 3:00 or something like that. I just recall that it didn't impose on us. We dressed in dinner clothes - not fancy, but not casual. It was the day after a terrible storm - was a nice party. Our butler was serving cocktails!

On the Jewel in Feb it was Monday (2nd day) at 6PM in the spinnaker. All the SR staff were there in their best uniforms. Good appetisers and any kind of drinks from the bar. Worth going to for sure.

On PoAm the cocktail party was the second evening. It was early in the evening and the ship was already traveling to the next port so it didn't interfere with any excursions. Most people dressed resort casual like they would for dinner, although was one couple in shorts and hawaiian shirts. We had plenty of time to clean up and change after a full day excursion.

• 3 months later...

Archived