Just back from the Freedom!

Hi All,

Yes, I've had the Pleasure to be among the first Guests onboard the Freedom otS during a Presentation (incl. Overnight) in Hamburg from yesterday until today. :)

And Boy, she's really really big...and I've just returned from a Cruise o/b QM2 10 days ago, so I can compare....

Any Questions, please shut, I'll try to answer if I can and find the time, I'll post more Infos later.

Thanks again to RCI for making this possible and for paying for everything, incredible!!

Cheers,

Phil:D

Hi All,

Yes, I've had the Pleasure to be among the first Guests onboard the Freedom otS during a Presentation (incl. Overnight) in Hamburg from yesterday until today. :)

And Boy, she's really really big...and I've just returned from a Cruise o/b QM2 10 days ago, so I can compare....

Any Questions, please shut, I'll try to answer if I can and find the time, I'll post more Infos later.

Thanks again to RCI for making this possible and for paying for everything, incredible!!

Cheers,

Wow! How cool that you were able to do that! I am sure we would all love to see some pictures if you have any.

Hi All,

We stayed in a Promenade View Cabin, quite interesting experience.

Any everything that has been promised is there: new bedding, flat screen-tv's, etc.

I've taken alot of pics, will see which ones I can post...

And if you are going for the real thing, book the Presidential Family Suite, incredible!!

Cheers,

What cabin did you stay in?

We stayed in an oceanview with balcony (7588). I am not sure if it is the right official title for the cabin. Very nice cabin, relatively large bathroom with round shower. Sliding door to the balcony. The balcony itself has sliding doors on both sides which can be locked & unlocked by the crew. This way you could build your own presidential family suite on your own ;)

P.S.: If you have missed the earlier thread check out http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas for pictures

How were the drinks? :) I bet the crew were sure happy to finally have some guests on board!!!!

Tracy

Hi Tracy

Good question, it was quite an unforgettable experience, to have Waiters lined up nearly everywhere with White and Red Wine, Beer and Champagne on their Trays and they were nearly forcing you to drink...and as an automatic reaction you were looking for your Seapass, but then you remember: "Hey, all is free....:D "....

The Crew has been extremeley friendly, you could really tell they were happy to finally have Guests....or maybe they were pretending...well, whatever....

Cheers,

Phil

Hi All,

We stayed in a Promenade View Cabin, quite interesting experience.

Any everything that has been promised is there: new bedding, flat screen-tv's, etc.

I've taken alot of pics, will see which ones I can post...

And if you are going for the real thing, book the Presidential Family Suite, incredible!!

Cheers,

What was interesting about the Promenade cabin?

Hi Phil,

We are booked in the Presidential Suite for July sailing. Please tell me all about it. Can't wait.

Hi Full Moon

Well, you are in for a Treat...while doing the Tour, EVERYONE got confused, as there are so many bedrooms and bathrooms, that you could easily get lost....and I'm serious!!

The Balcony is really nice, BUT not entirely private...half of the Balcony can be overseen from Balconies above.....and you don't see directly down

to the Water....the View down to the Water is blocked by the Steel-Construction....

But the Suite itself is simply stunning, you will enjoy it, I can guarantee that...:)

Cheers,

Phil

I won a 7 day cruise on 6/4 last week, I was too excited, of course it was a cabin swimming with the fishes, but we upgraded to a balcony, and it really did not cost that much, had to pay our air, taxes and port charges, plus we are already booked (paid) for the Aug. 5th sailing, so I am sailing her 2x in less than 3 months. I had put my name in a bucket at the state fair that said "win a free cruise" either carnival or rccl, your choice, and of course I chose rccl, but you only had 2 days, 6-4 or 6-11. 6-ll would have been a birthday cruise (6-14) but we decided to go for the innagural cruise. I am to HAPPY.

We stayed in an oceanview with balcony (7588). I am not sure if it is the right official title for the cabin. Very nice cabin, relatively large bathroom with round shower. Sliding door to the balcony. The balcony itself has sliding doors on both sides which can be locked & unlocked by the crew. This way you could build your own presidential family suite on your own ;)

P.S.: If you have missed the earlier thread check out http://www.cruiseinfo.de/photo/schiffe/freedom_of_the_seas for pictures

I am booked on the 6/4/06 and in cabin 7648. Which picks on your thread are from your cabin?

I won a 7 day cruise on 6/4 last week, I was too excited, .

Buchie....

Congratulations!!!! Be sure and sign up for the M&M! We have a pretty busy thread going over on the mingle boards.

Good for you guys, and I look forward to meeting you!

Tracy

Sliding round doors

Woooo hoooooo! Great news!

And I am LOVING the idea that the balconies can open up. By a stroke of luck, one of my fellow-cruisers pulled the cabin next to mine with guarantee fare. Will have to see if they want to open it up. Wondering if this is going to work as well on the hump or not. Guess we will see!

Tracy

Thanks for posting Phil--we will be in a Promenade cabin on Freedom in October. Which deck/cabin number were you in? I can't wait to see your pictures (hope you took some of the cabin.) Let us know as soon as you post them!

Oh, and thanks Cruiseinfo for posting the link to your pictures. I alerted everyone in our Meet & Mingle thread when I saw those posted. We're all very grateful for the pictures.

Congrats on being one of the first. I'll be on her on 6/4 and I can't wait. Did you happen to run into my favorite bartender, Yo! Adrian? He used to always work in Boleros. Thanks.

Sorry, haven't been to Boleros, just walked by, but it was pretty active until the wee hours there....

Ken Rush was the CD and Matt Yee was performing in the Schooner Bar (two quite famous people on RCI-Ships, I guess).

And the whole RCI Top Management was also on Bord: Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and European Top Management. Very interesting Q&A-Session with them yesterday evening.

I'll give more Infos soon.

Cheers,

Thanks for posting Phil--we will be in a Promenade cabin on Freedom in October. Which deck/cabin number were you in? I can't wait to see your pictures (hope you took some of the cabin.) Let us know as soon as you post them!

Oh, and thanks Cruiseinfo for posting the link to your pictures. I alerted everyone in our Meet & Mingle thread when I saw those posted. We're all very grateful for the pictures.

We were in 7309, directly opposite Cafe Promenade.

And yes, I've taken pics...of course...

Stay tuned...

Cheers,

What was interesting about the Promenade cabin?

Well, I've never been in one and I kinda liked it. Didn't have to get dressed for the Show on the Royal Promenade...and was soon reminded, that everyone could look into the Room, as some People waved to me...so make sure to keep these curtains closed, if not fully dressed....

Cheers,

Phil

Woooo hoooooo! Great news!

And I am LOVING the idea that the balconies can open up. By a stroke of luck, one of my fellow-cruisers pulled the cabin next to mine with guarantee fare. Will have to see if they want to open it up. Wondering if this is going to work as well on the hump or not. Guess we will see!

Tracy

Where did you find that info??

Fury....from Carsten's earlier post......

The balcony itself has sliding doors on both sides which can be locked & unlocked by the crew. This way you could build your own presidential family suite on your own ;)

Tracy

Archived