Cozumel Fiasco--Need Local Help

Crunch Captain

My DH and I will be in Cozumel with EIGHT other ships and we are the last ones in. We wanted a relaxing day at one of the Beach Clubs that has all the amenities and a beautiful beach. Is this going to be impossible? Which Beach Club would you suggest? We are going to be there the first week in December. We are on Carnival and get into Cozumel at noon and leave around 10pm.

Thanks For All Your Help!

Crunch capt

Hello, I'm not a local, but I can give you some insight and suggestion. You state that your boat is arriving at noon. Leave the ship around 1 p.m. The reason I say this is two years back I was on the Oosterdam and we left port at 11:00 p.m. By the time you get to shore and to one of the beach resorts, many of the people are heading back to the boat or closer to the tendering stops. By 3:00 p.m., the beaches are almost empty.

When I left one of the resorts by 5:30 p.m., I stopped at Pacho's backyard. It was very nice with so few people around. I was able to shop with little crowds and got better deals.

My DH and I will be in Cozumel with EIGHT other ships and we are the last ones in. We wanted a relaxing day at one of the Beach Clubs that has all the amenities and a beautiful beach. Is this going to be impossible? Which Beach Club would you suggest? We are going to be there the first week in December. We are on Carnival and get into Cozumel at noon and leave around 10pm.

Thanks For All Your Help!

Crunch capt

For a beach you might consider UVAS. It is not really crowded too often. Also Sherri's Pal Mar at Dzul Ha is very comfortable.

Diva and Jim are right. Most of the passengers leave the beaches by 2:00. Uvas, Dzul ha or Palancar should be all but deserted. In fact, Paradise, San Francisco, Playa Mia or Chankanabb should all be also. I would love to be in port late.;)

I know what not to do - the people at our table went into town and asked a cabbie to take them to a nice beach - BAD idea. They got stuck at one of the beaches with no sand, jutting rocks, no clean restrooms..... Big bummer for them. :(

The "timing" suggestions you are receiving are good ones.

We were there last week (3 ships in port), took a $13 each way taxi to Paradise Beach from Diamond Port. We were the first ones there. It did get crowded by noon, but not crowded in a horrible way, just more people. Nice beach, excellent service, food and drink.

I do wonder how you are able to stay in port until 10pm, since I understand there is no "tendering'" in the dark; our last tender was at 5. Unless of course by the time you are there the "docking" ports will be operational.

I know what not to do - the people at our table went into town and asked a cabbie to take them to a nice beach - BAD idea. They got stuck at one of the beaches with no sand, jutting rocks, no clean restrooms..... Big bummer for them. :(
Look at the bright side, flamingo. I bet the snorkeling was good around the rocks if you wanted to see fish, and you can whiz in the water.:rolleyes:

Archived