Who's going to the Baltics in 2007?

Welcome to the Rotterdam cruise of the Baltics! And congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Hope you have a fantastic honeymoon aboard.

Do go over the the Roll Call Board>Holland America>Rotterdam>Best of the Baltics on May 30th. We have a great roll call started there---with about 20-30 CC's signed on.

Hope to meet you on board!

The wife and I are sailing on the Veendam on June 23, 2007. The HAL website shows this cruise almost completely sold out, with only one category of cabins still available. In spite of this, there are only 8 of us registered on the roll call. I am thinking the boat is going to full of "nearly dead" people yet to discover the Internet.

All of a sudden, according to the HAL website, the cruise is no longer sold out. Cabins are again available in practically all categories. I am beginning to suspect that periodically pretending that all the cabins are sold out is just a marketing ploy by HAL. So it is possible that there are only 8 of us signed up for this cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be on the NCL Dream on Saturday 5th (2 days to go!). It's our first cruise and is in fact our honeymoon, having got married last Saturday.

Most cruises seem to offer a few freebies for honeymooners, but NCL seems to charge, bit miffed at that!

First cruise for us, so we've been a bit naive and booked ship excursions for all destinations apart from Copenhagen which we know quite well anyway.

Toastyhampster, there is a roll call for theMay 5 departure on the Dream.

Joy has made arrangements to meet after the muster on May 5 at the Observation Lounge and on May 8, from 10 - 11 at Le Bistro Restaurant.

Hi, Napunani!!

Hoping you check in on the boards before leaving for the cruise. Do switch over to the ROLL CALL Board and follow the links---Holland America---Rotterdam---Best of the Baltics, May 30. We'd love for you to sign in there so everyone can get to "meet" you! We really do want to meet you and hope you will come to our "Meet and Greet" on the first sea day (May 31st, first morning out) from 10:00 to 11:00 in the Explorers Lounge on the Upper Promenade Deck by the Art Gallery.

We have a great bunch of CC posters (about 30-35) who are active on the board and all looking forward to meeting each other on the 31st.

We will be on RCCL's Jewel also leaving Harwich on 17th August.

Jane

x

Hi Jane

We're on this sailing too! I haven't found much mention of it and have opened a thread in the Roll Call part of this site, so far with one reply. I'm busy looking into the private shore excursions in St Petersburg. See you in August!

Ooops...sorry, just noticed that you posted last year...so guess that was 17th August 2006!

Nope, this year - booked it January 2006!

It's getting close now, we're thinking of taking ship excursions in St Petersburg - we really need to get on and sort it out soon.

Where are you travelling from?

Jane

x

English Jane - you get on as we get off!! We have used DenRus for our St Petersburg tour. Very helpful and reasonable too. From other poosts , I think the ships excursions are very expensive.:) :)

Look after the ship for us!

Jane

x

• 2 weeks later...

We will also be doing the Jewel of the Seas on August 17. There will be four of us. We are thinking of doing a Denrus or RO tour with a few more people. Do you have any interest?

We will also be doing the Jewel of the Seas on August 17. There will be four of us. We are thinking of doing a Denrus or RO tour with a few more people. Do you have any interest?

I'm a primary school teacher and I'm busy writing 29 reports - due in tomorrow so in the end I just went on line and booked the first couple of ship tours that took my fancy.

Day 1 - walking tour with tram ride.

Day 2 - river tour.

I've always been of the mindset that one doesn't need to see everything on a ticklist when visiting a new place - this is just a flavour. I also like to leave the idea in my mind that there's something else to see so I might returnone day.

Jane

x

We will be on RCCL's Jewel also leaving Harwich on 17th August.

Jane

x

Hi Jane,

My husband and I and another couple will also be on the Jewel on August 17th. Do you know anyone who would want to put together a private tour in St. Petersburg. We were thinking of taking the Denrus Value Tour but would still prefer a group of 8-10. We are already four. I am new to this site and hope that I know how to retrieve your message. My "E" is clwnstn2@comcast.net if you wish to write me directly. We have been on many cruises but I am really excited about this one. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London prior to our trip. Can you recommend any good restaurants? We visited London many years ago but our friends have not been there. We loved it. CASEE

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jane,

My husband and I and another couple will also be on the Jewel on August 17th. Do you know anyone who would want to put together a private tour in St. Petersburg. We were thinking of taking the Denrus Value Tour but would still prefer a group of 8-10. We are already four. I am new to this site and hope that I know how to retrieve your message. My "E" is clwnstn2@comcast.net if you wish to write me directly. We have been on many cruises but I am really excited about this one. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London prior to our trip. Can you recommend any good restaurants? We visited London many years ago but our friends have not been there. We loved it. CASEE

Hi just got back today from a cruise on the Jewel and had a great cruise,

we used http://www.alla-tour.com/ and found them very good on our 2 day tour.

Hi Jane

Sorry to have overlooked your reply and not answered...I am an English Jane too (second name though). My husband and myself will be travelling from the Bath area, and plan to stay overnight near Harwich at a B&B where we can leave the car for the duration (£2 per night). Look forward to meeting up in August

Debbie

Archived