How much was your least expensive cruise?

We booked Sovereign for $329 pp for the 4 night. Anytime you get less than $100 pp/pd I consider that a bargin! Airfare from the Northeast to Florida is usually very reasonable too. Lots of $150 rt flights if you look at the smaller independent airlines.

We are booked on the Triumph Jan 07, 7 nts Eastern. Booked a GTY balcony Cat 8 for $779 and got a 4 cat upgrade to Panorama Deck. I think that's a great deal!

Cruising on the cheap is great!! Way better than not cruising at all.

kitty

Our 7 day Med cruise was $850pp inside (we were touring ALL day long, so didn't mind an inside).

Our 4 day quickie cruise to the Bahamas was $329pp (during hurricane season) for an O/V room.

Our 5 day Repo cruise next week is now down to $399pp for an O/V. I started at $549 for the room, but the price dropped several times and I switched to a GTY... got the same class I previously booked, but for $150pp cheaper. Plus, there was a C&A $50 discount on this cruise, and Travelocity was offering a discount of $25 if you used a MasterCard. Bargains galore! (I think I saved enough for a massage... :rolleyes: )

I booked less than a week ahead for a 3 day Bahamas cruise and got a room on the former Nordic Empress for 1/2 off each of the two adult fares/50.00 plus taxes for our child; I booked an off-season (September) cruise for about 700.00 (including taxes etc) each adult - that one was really a good deal and the weather was warm and beautiful- and several years ago cancelled one cruise to Bermuda and substituted another to the Western Caribbean when NCL sent a buy one get one free coupon to me (can't remember the cost of that cruise though). For me, $$ can be saved by being flexible about which cruise to take/when to go and looking for deals. If I really want a specific time/ship, I may have to pay for it (like for our upcoming Freedom cruise).

I forgot to mention that the Bermuda cruise previously mentioned was a few weeks after 9/11. We were given the opportunity to stay on ship another week for 50.00/day or 100.00/day for the nicest suites. We didn't take the opportunity - I can honestly say that cruise was the only one that wasn't truly enjoyable because of the 9/11 tragedy - it didn't seem right to be vacationing at that time but cancelling would have cost us the cruise price as insurance didn't cover us. We almost ended up losing the price of the airline tickets since the port of embarkation was changed from NY to Philly but after a bit of cajolling, the airline ended up booking us on a different flight for the same price. Thanks to the OP for bringing up the subject - it's fun reading about the deals some of the other posters have found!

Thank you everyone, I just thought that Fairy Tales do come true for some and I knew the ones who were visited by the Cruise Fairy would be willing to share their stories. I hope to have one in the next few years. I have sailed once, and booked on 2 more. I am soooooo hooked! I look for deals all of the time and hope to get booked for more!:D Keep up the thread, I am so curious...

Well...My cheapest one was my graduation present on the NCL Starward in 82...Then a couple other freebies,comped through work..

My best I paid for deal..7 nights 2003 on Rhapsody out of Galveston.

Sept 14th Sailing.Under 1700 for 3 in a D1 superior balcony...

Not too bad last year.Booked an inside originally for about 500 pp on Mariner Oct...Ended up with a E1 corner aft,balcony for about 2000 for 3.

Trip over all was a bit more of course due to flight and hotel added..

Living 20 min from the port definitely has its advantages

How about "virtually free". Well we have to pay the taxes and such, but like many we have hit the free cruise point level on the RCCL VISA card and will be using it on the Freedon in July of 2007.

We had booked Celebrity Galaxy 7 day Southern Caribbean for about $900/person (inside stateroom). We were perfectly happy with that, but after 9/11, prices dropped dramatically, and by the time we sailed, our price was down to $210/person. Only bad side was that it was out of San Juan, and our airfare was over $500/person.

I love to talk about this because I am sooooo frugal!!!

Last July I found a DEAL on airfare - $49 to Ft Lauderdale from Virginia.

THEN I found the cruise - 4 nights for $229 each. So that is how I usually book travel now - I watch for an incredible airfare deal and set up my travel after that. I will also travel a couple of hours to a different departure airport if it saves me over $100.00. I have 7 big airports to chose from if I drive up to 4 hours away. That option can usually save me hundreds of dollars when our family of 3 travels.

I also go in the off season - like fall, usually the cheapest time to travel anywhere, almost always short notice (well, a month in advance or so), and definitely work with my airfare first.

First cruise on the Rhapsody in April '03, $385 including all taxes & fees for a large oceanview. Booked 4 weeks in advance, a special found by a friend who talked us into going. Of course our shipboard account was $900!

In December 2004, my mom and I sailed for 7 nights on the Grandeur for $410. That's total with port charges and taxes. We got the deal on Sky Auctions.

I love to talk about this because I am sooooo frugal!!!

Last July I found a DEAL on airfare - $49 to Ft Lauderdale from Virginia.

THEN I found the cruise - 4 nights for $229 each. So that is how I usually book travel now - I watch for an incredible airfare deal and set up my travel after that. I will also travel a couple of hours to a different departure airport if it saves me over $100.00. I have 7 big airports to chose from if I drive up to 4 hours away. That option can usually save me hundreds of dollars when our family of 3 travels.

I also go in the off season - like fall, usually the cheapest time to travel anywhere, almost always short notice (well, a month in advance or so), and definitely work with my airfare first.

I will have to get with you on that! I live in Richmond and love those new fairs to MCO. Port Canavaral looks like a great place to cruise from. Tampa too. We too will travel to another airport for enough savings. Like Raleigh/Durham to LAX saved $150pp instead of RIC.

Archived