Duty Free Liquor Store at San Juan Pier

Very, Very confused here----

Docked in St. Martin - they took the liquor I brought--gave it back last day

Leaving from any town USA in FL -- you cannot take a bottle of any hard liquor on

Sooooooooo Are you telling me that I can bring on rum and coke and take it right to my room from PR ????

Is there a Limit?

If so..... I'm surprised because you cannot even buy ANY bottles of rum from RCCL to drink in your room like HAL/NCL etc.

Please tell me I can buy some flavored Rum / Rum Cake and Coca Cola in PR and get back on the ship with it!!! :eek:

And I'm totally confused as to whether there is or is not a duty free store at the terminal/pier where RCL departs from?

Yes there is definitely a duty free store in the terminal at the Pan am pier. We did a b2b on Brilliance and got off the ship on turnaround day to buy 2 more bottles of wine at the shop. It is after security and sells wine and liquor but they did take our cabin number and I assumed that if we had bought liquor they would have held it.

Julie

Yes there is definitely a duty free store in the terminal at the Pan am pier. We did a b2b on Brilliance and got off the ship on turnaround day to buy 2 more bottles of wine at the shop. It is after security and sells wine and liquor but they did take our cabin number and I assumed that if we had bought liquor they would have held it.

Julie

Thank you! I was wondering how to get my wine safely from Ohio to San Juan! I'm guessing my drinking choices will be better in Ohio, but safety cannot be guaranteed so I will purchase right in the terminal :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is for some reason one of the more confusing threads I have read lately here. Maybe because it was an old 2004 thread.

I understand that you can bring on two bottles of wine for RCI cruises. But what is the point of buying duty free liquor? Won't they just hold it until the end of your cruise? Maybe if you want to save on taxes, sure, but it seems like there's always a huge commotion of excited people buying liquor and I just don't see the point. Maybe I'm not understanding something?

Archived