Civility on CC Board

Sandifer

You poor dear....saying goodby is so painful. Bear and I certainly send a hug to Sammie and especially one to Sammie's Mom who I know from very similar experience really could use one. You and Sammie will be in my thoughts and when the time is right for you and it's not too painful perhaps you'd like to visit the Rainbow Bridge site....it's a lovely place to honor our beloved furkids. Our last Golden Chip is there and it helped me so much to deal with his much too sudden loss.

So, come Dec I will watch for you...maybe I'll even have a bon voyage Heather sign in case we pass close by. Where I'll be on the ship for sailaway I have no idea. We are starboard side with a Deck 11 balcony...our best friends are portside also on Deck 11. I just know I'll be the silver haired gal with the biggest smile you ever saw!! Hugs to you both, Penny

Thanks, Penny:) ... really nice of you. Someone just sent me Rainbow Bridge and it's a wonderful way to think of it, isn't it. It's such a hard time, but the 15 years with her was worth it. We always get through this.:(

I've made a note of your names:) . We could be so far away there's no chance to wave. When we went on Celebrity thru the Canal last year, we visited the RCL roll call for the same cruise because they'd be visiting the same ports on the same days. We all said we would bring blue Hawaiian leis and wave. Sure enough! RCL was pulling out of Hualtulco and one of the guys screamed "Where's Heather?" from the pool deck! I ran into the cabin and got my lei and waved it madly. It was so much fun!!!! From there on we all did that at several ports including the Canal.

Peaches ... Gizmo, I swear you brought tears. So, so nice of you. I know at this point it's sheer selfishness that made me keep her here this extra week since our vet visit. Tomorrow morning I'll tell her to look for Daisy:) ... she's used to dogs. My Molly has chased her for 5 years. Thanks so much for your kind words. You can't know how much it helps to know that all us nutty pet lovers go through this at some point. It's the price we pay ... and it's worth it, I think, for what we get from them. Thank you.

We send Molly off to stay with friends when we cruise, but poor Sammie always waited at home alone and my friend came in to feed her everyday. At least the next time we go away I won't have that guilt. For now we're just going to stick with Molly ... she's a loving handful!!:)

Sorry I went OT!!!!

Sorry to hear about Sammie. We had to put our Tuffy to sleep about a year and a half ago and it was the hardest thing we ever did. We had that cat for 17 years so I know what you are going through. Tuffy was always a friendly cat who had no problems with the introduction of our second cat years later so I would like to think our big boy is taking Sammie around to all the kewl places for cats to hang out.

So sorry to hear about your pet, Heather.

We lost our 16 year old kitty last fall . Throught the years we have lost so many furry children and it never gets any easier.

I would not have missed one hour, day, month or year of the unconditional love that they brought to our lives.

They knew when we were sad and needed to have them sit in our lap.

They waited by the door when we came home and always were excited to have us back.

When you are sick, they would gather around and stay with you.

I am not sure that even the best of your human friends would be there for you like our furry ones.

As with all things, remember all the good times and none of the bad.

Hi Heather....I'm so glad you found the Rainbow Bridge. There is much comfort there and a place to memorialize our dear ones properly. Chip will watch out for Sammie...he's a BIG guy and so gentle and loving. I like to picture him chasing fetchies in a big lake on the other side of the bridge. And now that we all have tears streaming down our faces thinking of all our babies that have gone ahead.....

What fun that trip must have been waving to each other. We'll do the same on Dec 2nd. I think from what I read there's a whole bunch of us leaving at the same time...6 or 7 ships if I'm not mistaken. Should be a lot of fun getting around the port. We don't know it at all so are going down the night before to meet up with our friends flying in from Boston.

Think happy thoughts..cheers, Penny

Everyone of you ... I am more touched than you could ever know. Such warm hearts you have. Words honestly don't come.

Sammie will love meeting up with everyone. She'll see her old pal Jenny there, too. And my Bridgette from before Sammie will be there too. So she's in good hands ... better than mine.

They probably all get together and laugh at us humans:) .

Thank you again over and over.

Heather,

Got such a chuckle about your bumper sticker I didn't even see the rest of your post about your dear cat.

I am so terribly sorry

I lost my dog (Also a "Daisy") several years ago at the age of 17. Although she was terribly ill and frail and it truly was blessing to see her not suffer anymore ,it broke our hearts.

I know that you will miss her terribly. But take solace in the years of joy she gave you, and the years of joy you gave her being such a wonderful Mommy :)

Which sailing in November will you be on? You will find people on your roll call that you will probably actually meet on there, so it will not be as judgemental as you have found the general board to have been. I'll be on the 11/11 Zuiderdam.

Archived