Poseidon

jingming

Yes, I'll go on my next cruise without any thought.

do you know how many cruise ships have capsized since the original Poseidon Adventure was relased? Zero.

Do you know how long it's been since the original Poseidon Adventure was released? 34 years. It was released in 1972.

Hollywood has capsized two ships in 35 years, in reality none have.

Hollywood and reality are far apart.

Thank you for your replies. It's been most interesting to read.

I have seen car crashes and train wracks and plane crashes (La Bamba) and as a child, I always dreamt (had nightmares) of my parents dying in the car or plane. I still do, once in a while....As for the capsize, I don't think I've thought of it, even though I did watch Titanic :rolleyes: but not the original Poseidon, maybe I should watch that.

Thanks for the perspective and stats. Ya, probably more people get hurt in a hit and run and yet, I still pound the pavement. :D

Maybe those who watch the movie can post their reviews here...so we know if we should watch. At this moment, the main thing "bugging" me is just getting seasick on board.

I know this isn't a NCL thing. But would you watch and still go on a cruise? It seems interesting but I don't know if it's wise to watch this before my first cruise in Sept! I guess it's especially not for little children.:p

Believe me...NO ONE is more afraid of water than I am.

When I took my first cruise in Sept., '04...spur of the moment...I got on that ship (the Dawn) and thought, "What am I doing here" panic set-in immediatley! I wanted OFF that ship!

By the time we ate dinner that evening I was in heaven.

I just LOVED it!

The most enjoyable, relaxing vacation EVER.

We have cruised 4 -X's (NCL) since then and I can't wait to go again.

Enjoy EVERY moment...your first cruise will be the best vacation of your life and you will never stop cruising;)

I am trying to get up the courage to see United 93, friends say it is a must see. Hadn't heard about this one yet.

Saw Flight 93 this past weekend and it very well done - very sad. I would recommend it.

As you can see in my signature I am an original WAVE RIDER. Though it was scary while it was going on things like that don't happen often. So yes I will see the movie and be able to somewhat relive what happened on our cruise. As Jetskier said we suffered only minor injuries and broken windows on our Dawn Rogue Wave Adventure. Will also be sailing on the Dawn again in April 2007.

two of the "leid back cruisers" on our roll call from the 4/26 cruise to the e. carribean were on the dawn when hit by the rouge wave last year...they were in the same exact cabin this cruise...front of the ship...they and the pax in the cabin next to them bought the captain a gift showing their appreciation for his doing a good job...rouge wave and all...if i'm not mistaken...they had "rouge wave" engraved on it...i thougt that was a very nice gesture...:)

At this moment, the main thing "bugging" me is just getting seasick on board.

take Bonine before leaving your house to board ship...take one every night before you go to bed...and you'll be just fine...i've expierenced motion sickness in the past...but...Bonine did the trick...in fact...i never slept better than on that ship...i'm even thinking about investing in a water bed...it's either that...or DH is going to have to buy me a share in that "cruise condo" i read about today...:rolleyes:

One of the folks I work with saw the trailer at the moves last week and canceled her first cruise that had taken years to get the courage up to book:rolleyes:

Good! If there are more like her (and I know there are) rates should stay low in 2007.

Sars, Norovirus, Bird Flu, etc. can be a cruisers best friend.

Good! If there are more like her (and I know there are) rates should stay low in 2007.

Sars, Norovirus, Bird Flu, etc. can be a cruisers best friend.

LOL...good one;)

More room for us:)

Keep these comments light...I have 5 sisters that I am trying to drag (kicking and screaming) on their "first" cruise.

I keep telling them that if I could survive 4 cruises they can surely survive one! And, I'm the "chicken" of the sisters.

I know they will be kicking and screaming NOT to have to get off of the Dawn by the end of the cruise:D

So are cruiseships going to show this onboard? :)

Maybe a Poseidon / United 93 double feature

We saw "The Perfect Storm" on a HAL cruise but I don't think "Poseiden" will make it on a cruise ship or "United 93" on a flight.

Our local newspaper (Newsday) critic was not impressed by "Poseiden." He gave it one star and titled his review, "This is a real ship of fools." He said, "There may be dumber movies this summer but none noisier" and "You know a disaster flick is in trouble when it's only a few minutes along and you can't make up your mind over who you hope will die first."

However, considering the taste of our current movie going public, it will probably be number one at the box office this weekend.

:)

DW and I just went out to see "Poseiden" here in Seattle. I remember reading earlier that The Sun would be docked down at 66 around 8pm tonight. As it was 8:10 when we got out of the movie we decided to drive a few blocks down to the water and check her out. Well my first impression was she was beautiful. I wish I had my camera. The sun (the real one, the one our planet orbits) was setting behind the mountains in the background, the sky was orange, the water was blue and the ship was incredible. She looked like the perfect cruise ship. It is going to be a long summer until we get to sail on her in September. There were plenty of happy looking people pulling up to the terminal.

Btw, The Poseiden is also a gorgeous ship, albeit fictional. If a cruiseline were to actually build a ship like the one portrayed in the movie, we would be very lucky cruisers. As long as a rogue wave :eek: didn't come our way! :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share, thanks for reading!

DW and I just went out to see "Poseiden" here in Seattle. I remember reading earlier that The Sun would be docked down at 66 around 8pm tonight. As it was 8:10 when we got out of the movie we decided to drive a few blocks down to the water and check her out. Well my first impression was she was beautiful. I wish I had my camera. The sun (the real one, the one our planet orbits) was setting behind the mountains in the background, the sky was orange, the water was blue and the ship was incredible. She looked like the perfect cruise ship. It is going to be a long summer until we get to sail on her in September. There were plenty of happy looking people pulling up to the terminal.

Btw, The Poseiden is also a gorgeous ship, albeit fictional. If a cruiseline were to actually build a ship like the one portrayed in the movie, we would be very lucky cruisers. As long as a rogue wave :eek: didn't come our way! :rolleyes:

thanx for sharing, impulsivepuppy...i plan on going out to see the "Poseiden" myself...I watched the "Titanic" just before my April cruise...I guess it's safe to see the "Poseiden" after the fact...:)

i wonder if princess and carnival will show poseiden on their outdoor movie screens???:D

wouldn't that be a hoot! ...rather than selling popcorn...they could corner the market on the "Bonine" ...things could get pretty e-MOTION-al...:D

The summer will go FAST and you will be on your cruise.

Enjoy every moment and thanks for sharing:)

Archived