Which Aft Cabin? 7388, 9392 or 8390

I'm looking for an aft cabin that has a large balcony and has a good view. I currently have cabin 9690, but have heard the balcony is "smaller" than most afts. The following cabins are available. Which one would you snag? Please rate your response or add other cabins that would be good. I already checked on 1388 & 1688 and they have already been taken so they are not an option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do they have a good view though? I'm looking for a little of both. It is just DH and I, so I'm not really picky......well, I guess I am because I'm asking this question.:)

More than anything, If one is not a "WOW" I've got to have it, then what is the best compramise?

9390 would be great, but I think I would be giving up too much balcony. I have not heard much about the 8390 and I have heard a little about 9392. For the time being, I just switched to 7688 since it was the only 7000 corner open. Both 9392 & 9692 are still open on the sailing I want. I don't know about 83 or 8690......Choices, Choices......that is why I need your help.

We will have 7688 for our Mariner sailing in Sept. Just don't want to wait until we sail to book our next one. By then all the good ones are sure to be gone. Right now I'm booking for 2008.

Had 7688 on Voyager in '04 and the first thing me and my wife said was 'WOW!' Balcony is enormous!, had coffee and breakfast there every morning as we sailed into ports. Had it reserved for our upcoming Oct cruise on Explorer until 1388 became available. I think the balcony has more sq. footage than the room! Views were great, especially the side big porthole. Best E1 cat on the whole ship!

Omishjoe is absolutely correct. We have sailed in 7688/7388 three times, and that balcony is quite amazing. I agree with his impression that the balcony is as big as or maybe bigger than the cabin itself! It's like having a two room suite! And since it's on the corner, you have only one neighbor, so you have much more privacy.

LOVE this cabin.

TAKE 7688. :)

I'm excited about our Cabin 7688 on the Mariner for next June after reading all the posts. We also have next door 7690 - does anybody know if they will open up the balcony dividers? Our last cruise on Mariner, we also had adjoining cabins and they wouldn't. Also, can you see out the side of the ship well enough (when you are docking)?

Yes, 7388/7688 have a larger balcony than 1388/1688. BUT, 1388/1688 have a very large balcony PLUS a VERY large cabin which 7388/7688 do not have! 1388/1688 is also a different category and is thus more expensive. My first choice is always 1688 but if that were not available to me I would then select 7688.

I am not sure if you are just looking online to see what rooms are availalbe, cuz those site do not show all the available rooms. Call your TA to find out. I looked up my upcoming NoS cruise on several sites when i booked it back in Jan '06 and not one aft cabin was showing up as available. When I called my TA to book, i told her i an available room number I had founf, but if an aft can open to move me. She said !388 was available and I grabbed it. The sites only show about 6-8 available rooms per category. so call your TA if you want an aft cabin.:p

I'm agreeing with KK Cruising. I just booked for December 2007 by phone and was able to get 1388. He said that they don't show all available cabins on the website. Hope this helps

I called and checked on 1388/1688 two times before I booked. Have a good feeling they are really gone. I will keep checking back just in case someone lets them go. I doubt it will be anytime soon if ever.

:(

If a balcony is truly the difference for you in a cruise, the 7th deck corner aft balconies and deck 10 differ in one major way. 7688 gives you a side view as well as a view outward.( although there is structure in your view) Some people have felt the 1388 balcony gives them a "cave-like" feeling as there is no view from the side minimizing the panoramic view.

Hi

Question for those that have stayed in an AFT cabin....

7388 or 7688... are there any "posts" inside the cabin? A friend of mine is looking to book a cruise on a Voyager class ship and was interested in an AFT. Does anyone have any pictures of these two cabins?

Thank you!

Archived