Treatment of Passengers

Islandbuoy

Honest, nothing meant by this observation of the original poster, thirteen cruises listed on the signature, one past and one future Celebrity cruise...................??

To tell the truth, since our first two cruises, one Princess and one Celebrity we have said if we had to pick just one it would be Princess. Since that time we have looked at both these lines for a two week Hawaiian cruise and two Alaska trips. All three of these were booked Celebrity. Maybe if they stop giving us a great experience; stop offering a very competitive price; and start filling their ships with a bunch of rude, obnoxious, and inconsiderate passengers we will look elsewhere.

IF you were on a ship that had problems and you want to complain, be my guest. All others.................

What does 'MASS MARKET LINES" mean? I have read it 2 times already in this thread. If other lines are mass market, what is Celebrity considered to be? Clarification, please.

Mass market lines are those that cater to the largest market segments. There are lines that are much pricier, and offer a different level of service and ammenities. But the mass market lines cater to the majority of cruisers, and each of these has their own market niche that they target. Celebrity is a mass market line. Their target market segment are cruisers 40 to 60 who prefer a little more pampering and finer cuisine.

Mass market lines are those that cater to the largest market segments. There are lines that are much pricier, and offer a different level of service and ammenities. But the mass market lines cater to the majority of cruisers, and each of these has their own market niche that they target. Celebrity is a mass market line. Their target market segment are cruisers 40 to 60 who prefer a little more pampering and finer cuisine.

Exactly what I thought too. To read these Celebrity posts, you'd think that mass market lines were deemed to be bad or a lower quality type when in fact, Celebrity is also a mass market line ( just a little different) as you have so eloquently stated.

Don't know why people need to take potshots to make themselves feel better about their own choices.

Seems to me that the current treatment of the passengers on the summit is typical of the "X" corporate attitude of " do it our way or not at all.

Some of us need to tell them how it really is by boycotting ?

Agree? disagree???

My Count.....Agree 3.........Disagree 51........:)

My Count.....Agree 3.........Disagree 51........:)

Disagree 53 :) :)

Have 4 criuises in the pipeline through February '08 inclucing Summit to Hawaii and Alaska....no way are we boycotting. :D

After 24 cruises, there has to be a reason that Celebrity has become our favorite cruise line. Things go wrong, as we have had three Celebrity cruises that were cancelled and the itinerearies changed. As Alpal1993 mentioned, Celebrity came through for us and lemons became lemonaide.

Some people will always gravitate to the dark side on any issue because negative attention is better than no attention at all.

By the way, Celebrity, Holland America, Oceania..., are all considered "Premium Cruise Lines". RCCL, NCL, Princess, Carnival are considered "Mass Market" cruise lines. Has to do with the number of passengers compared to the amount of space onboard, money spent per passenger on cuisine, and the number of staff compared to the number of passengers.

http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpage/cruiselines/index.asp

http://www.cruisereviews.com/

Four cruises coming up, two with Celebrity and two with HAL.

Enjoy!

Kel

Fabulous! That words sums up our Celebrity experience.

After four Cruises on Celebrity, it remains our favorite and we've booked our next two cruises on Celebrity for next year. In fact while our future cruises are scheduled for different Celebrity ships, all of our experiences to date have involved the Summit.

Yes, at times we've found one aspect of the cruise better or worse than it was on a prior cruise, and some people go way out of their way to be of service while others don't. Not everything has been perfect all of the time. But when we compare the service and value we've experianced on the Summit against other vacation experiances we keep deciding to come back.

We've also been amazed at some of the differences in perception and expectations on these cruises. We've returned from just wonderful experiances on our cruises to read comments from people that complained that their experiences were just awful. Our reaction is one we often read in follow up posts: Were these people on the same ship we were on? It is amazing what expectations and attitude can do to help one enjoy, or dislike, a cruise experiance. People need to remember that this is a cruise and not an airplane flight or a train ride. They also need to remember that they are sharing the ship with a couple thousand other people - some of which will have different concepts of how to enjoy their vacation. So sit back and enjoy the ride!

I see that Larry posted a reply, but I wanted to add a brief comment. We went on a last minute cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Summit last October. Had a wonderful time; cruised with some great friends, met some new ones, enjoyed the Martini Bar, the thalossotherapy pool, the spa, the dining room and every other aspect of the ship.

The one place on the cruise that I really wanted to see was Cabo San Lucas. Unfortunately, mother nature had other plans and a little something called Hurricane Otis prevented us from going there. So we enjoyed an unexpected sea day :D and just will have to take another cruise to make that stop!! :rolleyes:

It seems to me that the majority of disgruntled passengers have one place to lay the blame for their bad cruise: themselves. An attitude change can do wonders for your personality. Of course, I can understand the disappointment, but the idea of boycotts and mutiny seems quite a bit over the top.

We have loved each cruise we have been on; and Celebrity is our line of choice. There is always room for change or improvement, not only with Celebrity, but with ourselves as well. We feel so blessed that we are able to cruise, and enjoy the ports, the scenery and the new friends we make.

I am pleased that we have choices of cruise lines to make, and the boycotters and mutineers will probably find (to their amazement :eek: ) that other cruise lines have problems as well. The staff, the captain and the crew of Celebrity make the cruises we take with them special Thanks, Celebrity.

So much for the brief comment; I guess I really do enjoy cruising and Celebrity!

I see that Larry posted a reply, but I wanted to add a brief comment. We went on a last minute cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Summit last October. Had a wonderful time; cruised with some great friends, met some new ones, enjoyed the Martini Bar, the thalossotherapy pool, the spa, the dining room and every other aspect of the ship.

The one place on the cruise that I really wanted to see was Cabo San Lucas. Unfortunately, mother nature had other plans and a little something called Hurricane Otis prevented us from going there. So we enjoyed an unexpected sea day :D and just will have to take another cruise to make that stop!! :rolleyes:

It seems to me that the majority of disgruntled passengers have one place to lay the blame for their bad cruise: themselves. An attitude change can do wonders for your personality. Of course, I can understand the disappointment, but the idea of boycotts and mutiny seems quite a bit over the top.

We have loved each cruise we have been on; and Celebrity is our line of choice. There is always room for change or improvement, not only with Celebrity, but with ourselves as well. We feel so blessed that we are able to cruise, and enjoy the ports, the scenery and the new friends we make.

I am pleased that we have choices of cruise lines to make, and the boycotters and mutineers will probably find (to their amazement :eek: ) that other cruise lines have problems as well. The staff, the captain and the crew of Celebrity make the cruises we take with them special Thanks, Celebrity.

So much for the brief comment; I guess I really do enjoy cruising and Celebrity!

Excellent post, Susie....I agree with everything you just said :)

Archived