Treatment of Passengers

Islandbuoy

Seems to me that the current treatment of the passengers on the summit is typical of the "X" corporate attitude of " do it our way or not at all.

Some of us need to tell them how it really is by boycotting ?

Agree? disagree???

Frankly, my favorite cruise line has gone down a rat hole. They do not offer anything but a reputation that they are not meeting. They just got my last dime on the Summit in a Celebrity Suite, and for that much money, I switching to a premium line.

They are in trouble, and you can tell by all their ships and the problems.

Avoid XXXXX

Cruiselover.... you aren't going quietly are you:rolleyes:

Should anyone go quietly? I say NO. We all spend our money on a vacation to relax, enjoy, be pampered, etc. Celebrity has loss something. Maybe they do not care, I don't know, but when people quit coming back maybe they will wake up.

Off to bigger and better things for my $$$$$$$$$$$$$:p

Celebrity has loss something. Maybe they do not care, I don't know, but when people quit coming back maybe they will wake up.

I can't relate because we've had such great experiences on Celebrity. Hope that you have a better experience on the new cruise line:)

Frankly, my favorite cruise line has gone down a rat hole. They do not offer anything but a reputation that they are not meeting. They just got my last dime on the Summit in a Celebrity Suite, and for that much money, I switching to a premium line.

They are in trouble, and you can tell by all their ships and the problems.

Avoid XXXXX

I own their stock and it is doing great......:)

We've been on X cruises where we have missed ports, stood in line for 4 hours due to faulty X-Ray machines, had contracted bronchitis onboard, and missed a good portion of a cruise. Mind you, not all of this happened on one cruise, but my point is, life does happen, whether on vacation or not...

But not once have I ever felt I was cheated out of a wonderful cruise experience. Experiences build character, and strong character guides you through challenges.

We will continue to cruise with Celebrity until we personally experience something that would deter us.

Karyn

We have spent 80 days at sea on Celebrity, and hope for many more. We were on the Summit saling March 26th, and were treated famously. The cruise director and captain as well as the other staff were superb.

Just for the record, on about half of our cruises, there were cancellations, changes of itinerary, equipment gliches, etc. Those problems were addressed effectively and efficiently within reason.

We have always felt that Celebrity has a genuine philosophy as well as a vested interest in doing their best to make every cruise experience exceed expectations. When it doesn't work out too good, they feel worse than anyone.

The bottom line, though, is that you need to be flexible and have a positive attitude and sense of humor when you travel or you are inevitably destined for frustration and anger.

We are modest folks with limited income. We are still in awe of how fortunate we are to be able to cruise occasionally. We hope we never lose our deep sense of appreciation of how blessed we have been, and how lucky we are to have discoverd Celebrity.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Seems to me that the current treatment of the passengers on the summit is typical of the "X" corporate attitude of " do it our way or not at all.

Agree? disagree???

I think Celebrity would be thrilled if every difficult passenger, with unrealistic expectations, decided to boycott their ships. Then it would be easier for them to provide the best cruising experience possible to the rest of us.

Hi Everyone !

As most of you know, I have had some incredible experiences with Celebrity. I have also had a very few, not so great experiences as well.

With that said, no cruise line is ever going to be perfect. Overall, I feel they have done a wonderful job. I have several more cruises booked with Celebrity over the next year.

While I am always saddened to hear about poor cruise experiences by some of our friends here, the fact is.... they are going to happen. Me ? I always try to make the best out of a lousy situation, as opposed to talking about boycotts, and mutinys etc.

Boycott Celebrity ? Forget it. Not going to happen here. They will continue to get our business, and retain our loyalty, until we feel they do not deserve it, or cannot offer us the itineraries we enjoy so much.

For those of you who plan to leave Celebrity, I wish you all the very best on selecting another cruise line. Perhaps you will find your happiness elsewhere. I surely hope so.

I say, for all who have had a bad experience, to give Celebrity another chance. I was on the "Infinity" when the pods gave out a couple of years ago, and our cruise was canceled, and we had to fly home from Acapulco. It was a nightmare trying to get 2000 people home at the same time, and something that I wouldn't want to go through again, and also, on that cruise, the compensation was different for many people.

I thought that I wouldn't cruise again much less travel again after that experience, but, I have given them another chance, and we had a great trip to Hawaii, and overall on my three Celebrity cruises, the online experience was the best. The online experience very much outweighs the bad experience that we had, and I will continue to cruise with Celebrity.

I will hope that they have a better plan, though, should something like this happen again. They should learn from their mistakes as should we. I think every cruiseline should have employees trained to handle special situations that can come up like the one I was involved in.

Celebrity is still one of the best cruise lines around.

overall on my three Celebrity cruises, the online experience was the best. The online experience very much outweighs the bad experience that we had, and I will continue to cruise with Celebrity.

Celebrity is still one of the best cruise lines around.

It sounds like a 'virtual cruise' or did you mean that you booked it online? ;)

Even though I read CC religiously and it's my favorite message board, the majority of cruisers don't read it, so your call to boycott will not be read by that many people to make a difference.

Look for another line to cruise, I'm sure you will find one that makes you happy.

Agree? disagree???

I have read the relevant threads and you are missing one very important point. How are the passengers being treated? Where is your proof or facts that they are being treated badly. To institute a boycott based on the information received is ludicrous. Again, what is the bad treatment. You want a boycott lay out your reasons and the basis behind them. Lets hear facts only.

I think Celebrity would be thrilled if every difficult passenger, with unrealistic expectations, decided to boycott their ships. Then it would be easier for them to provide the best cruising experience possible to the rest of us.

I want to go on a cruise during the boycott - just to experience sailing with all happy people :)

Iam reading these treads about poor treatment as well as being held hostage on the ship. Do you get a refund or a voucher when your flight has a mechanical problem? Do you not fly with that airline again if you are delayed ?

Archived