Worst Cabins ?

dmk

We just got back from Alaska and it was wonderful except for the window washing contraption parked outside of our balcony. Maked "lovely" picture taking for DH. He tried to get our room changed and made a fuss, but to no avail, but they did give him a letter to send along with his letter he is writing to the company. It started our cruise out on the wrong foot. I am just wanting to warn anyone else who is thinking of that room. it is Concierge also, so not only pay extra but get an obstruction.

Looking for any information on rooms port side on Vista deck of the Constellation. would appreciate any comments. Going on the Constellation for the first time in October for a Canada/New England cruise.

Looking for any information on rooms port side on Vista deck of the Constellation (cabins 7127 & 7129) would appreciate any comments. Going on the Constellation for the first time in October for a Canada/New England cruise.

We'd also like to know about these cabins as we're thinking of booking them and two others in the area for a Baltic Cruise on Constellation.

We are in 1219 on the Galaxy for our Oct 2007 cruise....Any problems anyone is aware of for this inside stateroom?
Our family was in 1218 and 1222 over Christmas and both suites were just fine.

We need some expert help!

We're cruising newbies going on our honeymoon on the Millennium to the Med. We're going 'econo-style' :o in #2174 which is one of those sideways rooms. fyi that GTY has become available again for that class. So....

1) What is known about 2174?

2) What is known about interior sideways rooms?

3) Should we ditch 2174 and go GTY?

4) Any tips for honeymooners on a budget?

Thanks a Million!:)

We need some expert help!

We're cruising newbies going on our honeymoon on the Millennium to the Med. We're going 'econo-style' :o in #2174 which is one of those sideways rooms.

2) What is known about interior sideways rooms?

QUOTE]

In my opinion the sideways cabin are a little more comfortable. In a regular inside cabin you enter into a long corridor were your bathroom and closets are located, than into the wide part of the room and then your bed. In a sideways cabin you enter into the wide part which gives you more room to walk about. I booked this kind of stateroom on my B2B Med cruise onboard Galaxy for Nov. 07. Good Luck on your honeymoon cruise. Our cruise is to celebrity our 50th Anniversary.

I also like the sideways inside cabins, they seem roomier to me.

A cabin I wouldn't recommend is 1135 on Mercury. It's a concierge cabin. There was a lot of noise from the Palm Springs Bar & Grill. I took earplugs with me so I slept ok, but from now on I'll only stay in cabins on a deck with cabins above & below.

Terri

Thanks Buckeye and congratulations on 50 years! Based on what you said, I do feel better about the sideways room.

I just remembered that when I looked at the decks on the cruise, it appears as though the movie theater is right above us. Our room is below the back of it. So maybe if there's stadium type of seating, it won't be as bad. I wonder if the soundproofing makes it tolerable?

Last, my only temptation with the GTY room is that I hear sometimes they'll give you an upgrade. I figured if ever there were ever a good chance for it, it would be now since we'll be on our honeymoon and our TA made a note of it in our reservation. Is it a pipedream?

From a novice,.....Thanks to all you experts out there.:)

• 1 month later...

It's too bad Celebrity just doesn't come out and tell us when we pay for these unobstructed balaconies that they actually have these window washer things in the view. That would be the right thing to do. We complained 2 months ago and no word of apology. These cabins that we all had issue with is not news to them!!

We are in 9153 and 9157 on the Summit heading for Alaska. We are taking our 80 year old mothers (a trip of a life time). So if anyone has info about problems with these cabins please let me know. I only have 2 weeks until sailing but I would rather complain now and try and give them a GREAT trip.

On Galaxy avoid any inside cabin with a north-south orientation (pointy end to a$$ end). The entry door leaves no room for the table and chair arrangements normally part of the furniture. Example: 8074,8082,8088 etc. they are also found on deck 4***.:(

We are in CC 9038 on the Panama Canal trip 1/20/2007. Any known problem with this cabin? Position on the deck? It is our Anniversary trip, and we do want it to be special! Thanks!

9038 is a great cabin. Had it on the Millie. The balcony is larger and faces forward so you have a nice view plus extra room. It is also very quiet as it is right under where the spa begins so there is no foot traffic, chair scraping and such. It does have an overhang, but we had not problem with that. It was wonderful sitting on a lounger looking out at the ocean. People also claim you can't look straight up at the sky. Not sure about you, but looking out at the sky is more comfortable then trying to look straight up for any length of time. Great cabin and on my list of ones to book again.

9038 is a great cabin. Had it on the Millie. The balcony is larger and faces forward so you have a nice view plus extra room. It is also very quiet as it is right under where the spa begins so there is no foot traffic, chair scraping and such. It does have an overhang, but we had not problem with that. It was wonderful sitting on a lounger looking out at the ocean. People also claim you can't look straight up at the sky. Not sure about you, but looking out at the sky is more comfortable then trying to look straight up for any length of time. Great cabin and on my list of ones to book again.

What a wonderful endorsement! Thank you so much. Hope we get to meet you on some future cruise!

Please, I was booked July, 2005 in cabin 9103 of the Horizon from Philly to Bermuda. Room is directly above the woofers/tweeters of the nightclub located directly below our room. The nightclub is on the 8th level, its such a small ship. No wonder nightclubs are on the top deck now.

Never got to sleep before 2:30AM nightlysince niteclub shuts down around 2:15AM. Our room literally vibrated nightly. Yes, of course we heard the macarena below. In fact we could have easily done it in the privacy of our stateroom the music was so loud. That was my cruise from hell!

On the Constellation cabins 6001, 6002, 7001, and 7002 are shown as Outside View cabins, but they appear on the deck plan as irregular shapes. Are they smaller, do they have sloped ceilings, do they have a view of the crew deck? Can you see much from the port hole?

We are in 9153 and 9157 on the Summit heading for Alaska. We are taking our 80 year old mothers (a trip of a life time). So if anyone has info about problems with these cabins please let me know. I only have 2 weeks until sailing but I would rather complain now and try and give them a GREAT trip.

I hope you have a great trip. Our cruise was on the Summit, May 7th, our cruise of a life time.Maybe you have read of it.

Archived