Worst Cabins ?

dmk

I started to make a list: Here is what I found so far, and please correct me if I am in error: (M class)

8108 8102, 9100 9094 7136 7142 extra small balconies

8100 ?

9096 Noise from above

any additions?

We are booked on Summit cabin 8100. What is wrong with it?

We are booked on the Century for the Scotland/Ireland cruise in May of 2007. Our room number is 8200 and the others in our party are in 8204 and 8208.

After we booked, we realized the rooms are directly above The Crystal Room. Will the noise be a problem?

Thanks for any and all input.

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/amsterdam.html

I've never cruised before, but I found this site and I think it has some wonderful pictures of the Constellation (the ship I'll be sailing on), which shows so many balconies!

Also, from reading these boards I've figured out that my stateroom is one of the dreaded ones (6102) because it's next to the bump out, the Celebrity Suite in the middle of the ship. I hear the balcony is small, and the people in the Celebrity Suite can look into our balcony. Well...I'm still excited about our first cruise which will be to NewEngland/Canda and leaves in a few weeks. Personally, it won't bother me if the people next door see me out on the balcony, because I will be fully clothed (especially on this trip), not causing trouble ;) and I'm the friendly sort, so I'll just give a good natured wave.:) Besides, I doubt if anyone would be sitting in that suite staring at me when there seems to be so many activities around.

From the pictures of my suite balcony which I found on the above website, it doesn't look so bad. It seems that on nearly every balcony someone can see or hear you if they really wanted to put in the effort. I mean, it appears that people next to you can lean over to see you, or the people above you can look down.

I picked this cabin because I heard mid-ship was good, and it's a sky suite. It's near the elevators, which is good for me (directionally challenged), and...when we booked this trip, it was the best available.

Anyway, sorry so long. But, if you're going on this cruise (Oct. 16), and you see me on my balcony, wave and say "hi"!

Kathy, an excited first time cruiser

We just booked CC Cabin 9125 for the May 25 07 Alaska sailing. Anyone have experience with this cabin? The only other CC levels were connectings on the Vista and Panarama decks. Would a connected room be better than this one? Thanks!

We were next door in 9127 on our 12/06/2005 Summit Panama Canal westbound cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed this cabin. It is a very good location mid ship near elevator and stairs. It was very quiet. We like the overhang from deck 10 over the balcony, some do not.

We have had connecting cabins before with no problems. Some have complained of noise and/or smoke coming in from around/under the door.

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/amsterdam.html

Also, from reading these boards I've figured out that my stateroom is one of the dreaded ones (6102) because it's next to the bump out, the Celebrity Suite in the middle of the ship. I hear the balcony is small, and the people in the Celebrity Suite can look into our balcony. Well...I'm still excited about our first cruise which will be to NewEngland/Canda and leaves in a few weeks. Personally, it won't bother me if the people next door see me out on the balcony, because I will be fully clothed (especially on this trip), not causing trouble ;) and I'm the friendly sort, so I'll just give a good natured wave.:) Besides, I doubt if anyone would be sitting in that suite staring at me when there seems to be so many activities around.

From the pictures of my suite balcony which I found on the above website, it doesn't look so bad. It seems that on nearly every balcony someone can see or hear you if they really wanted to put in the effort. I mean, it appears that people next to you can lean over to see you, or the people above you can look down.

I picked this cabin because I heard mid-ship was good, and it's a sky suite. It's near the elevators, which is good for me (directionally challenged), and...when we booked this trip, it was the best available.

Anyway, sorry so long. But, if you're going on this cruise (Oct. 16), and you see me on my balcony, wave and say "hi"!

Kathy, an excited first time cruiser

Switch if you can. We we had 8102 on the Millennium, also next to a bump-out. The balcony was about half the size of the standard 42 sf cc verandah and way too small for two of us to sit comfortably.

Just to add positive comments on my two Celebrity cruises:

Millie: 2131 - Loved it. My first ship with a nice large window - bigger than a porthole. Because the room is low on the ship, I got my workout using the stairs rather than elevators. Mom used the elevators alot.

Connie: 6097 - Pretty much the same layout as 2131 and excellent location - just about 5 rooms down from the computer room and glass elevators.

Now for my questions on rooms I booked for upcoming cruises - any comments on these?:

Zenith cabin 4102 (near elevators - hope it's not too noisy)

Galaxy 4062.

Thanks! ;)

Sorry, but I really don't know the reason that someone posted that 8100 was not very good. I was just posting what I found on another site. Notice that I have a ? next to that room number. I will go back in my notes and see if I can find out. Personally, I don't think it was anything really major, but could be that the people in suite 8104 could have a straight line view of your balcony?

cirpi,

Thank you for the info, but I'm not going to switch the stateroom. From the pictures I'm sure the balcony will not be a problem for us. We don't expect to use the balcony that much because like I mentioned, this is our first cruise and I'm sure that we won't be spending much time in our room. We really just wanted the extra room in our cabin, and the balcony wasn't that important to us. Besides, we're both pretty easy to please.:)

Marilyn,

I'm glad you liked the pictures! I love that site! I haven't checked out the pictures of the many other ships, but what a thrill it was to see the Constellation in such detail! Those pictures made me comfortable with my choice because our balcony seems okay for us.

Kathy

You will not be bothered by noise from the Crystal Lounge.Was in 8210 last month.Cabins in nice quiet location . However vibration is quite marked when entering or leaving port or when changing speed.You soon get used to it. The cabin staff are wonderful.Hope you enjoy your visit to Scotland my country.

Never been on any celebrity cruise before, but have been on Princess, RCI, Carnaval and Holland America. We found all the lines to be great except for Carnaval which was more like a frat party than a cruise.

Looking at Greek Isle cruises Princess has a 12 day itinerary that is over a $1000 more ($2300 for an inside Vs $1,299 for the Galaxy) when compared to the 14 day Exotic Med and Black Sea. I have read on these boards that while celebrity may not be the best cruise line, it's comparable to Princess and RCI...Would you say that it is not the case...I really don't care about a foggy window in some bar, or that some carpet may be a little worn. I would be concerned if the food was terrible, or the stateroom infested with roaches...Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

No, you weren't wrong to select GALAXY. She is a charming ship, just not brand new. I was on GALAXY in January; there is a link to my review in my signature. The ONLY reason I wrote it was to counter the negative nonsense being written about the ship.

You will have a wonderful cruise ... the crew is warm, their food is excellent, and the ship is a manageable size and configuration. Enjoy!

Nicki

Sorry, but I really don't know the reason that someone posted that 8100 was not very good. I was just posting what I found on another site. Notice that I have a ? next to that room number. I will go back in my notes and see if I can find out. Personally, I don't think it was anything really major, but could be that the people in suite 8104 could have a straight line view of your balcony?

I did notice your ? and appreciate your reply. We previously sailed on Diamond Princess to Alaska and had people above who could see 1/2 of our balcony and people below who we could see. It didn't make a difference, we all enjoyed the view and showed each other the sites. Thanks again for the response. We aren't sailing until October 2007, but when we get back I will post cabin information.

You will not be bothered by noise from the Crystal Lounge.Was in 8210 last month.Cabins in nice quiet location . However vibration is quite marked when entering or leaving port or when changing speed.You soon get used to it. The cabin staff are wonderful.Hope you enjoy your visit to Scotland my country.

I appreciate the information. This is good news. Vibrations aren't a problem -- they will lull me to sleep even faster. :)

We are SO looking forward to this trip.

Blessings!

What about cabin 8146 on Constellation? We're use to mid ship cabins but couldn't get any next to each other so had to settle for a few cabins in the aft...hope there isn't a lot of vibration. Has anyone stayed in this location on Constellation recently?

We are sailing for the first time on a Celebrity ship. We are in cabin 7188 cc class. Anything good or bad with this cabin. Also first time in a cc class...is there a big difference compared to just booking an ordinary balcony..is it worth the few extra bucks or should we save it for excursions.

Thanks much and happy sailings.:)

What about cabin 8146 on Constellation? We're use to mid ship cabins but couldn't get any next to each other so had to settle for a few cabins in the aft...hope there isn't a lot of vibration. Has anyone stayed in this location on Constellation recently?

We had 8142 on Summit (M class - same as Constellation) last May on West Coast/Alaska cruise. It is right at the elevator/stairway. There was no problem with noise. Vibration only when leaving and entering ports from steering thrusters and pods. We liked the location for easy access to main dining, buffet, aft patio and cinema.

You have an oversize balcony in 8146. About 1/2 larger than 38 sq ft cat 2 balcony.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are sailing for the first time on a Celebrity ship. We are in cabin 7188 cc class. Anything good or bad with this cabin. Also first time in a cc class...is there a big difference compared to just booking an ordinary balcony..is it worth the few extra bucks or should we save it for excursions. Thanks much and happy sailings.:)

You are starboard aft, about 7 cabins from aft elevator/stairs. There is a connecting door to cabin 7190. Some have complained of noise and/or smoke coming through. Ask cabin steward to duct tape around it if necessary. We had cabin 7184 with connecting door on Summit (M class ship same as Millennium) and it was no problem.

Regular CC cabin is 191 sq ft with 41 sq ft balcony. Deluxe balcony cabin is 172 sq ft with 38 sq ft balcony. There are some exceptions, such as the 16 2C cabins forward on deck 6 which have larger balconies and the rear facing aft CC cabins on decks 7, 8 and 9 with huge balconies. There are also a few more special 2A, 2B,2C and CC cabins with larger balconies located on various decks.

You also get the CC amenities such as the chilled bottled of French sparkling wine, flowers, priority boarding and tender passes and special breakfast menu.

If it's just a few extra bucks, yes it is definitely worth it. Find more information here:

Millennium_CC-Cabin&Amenities

We have been on Summit twice. First time in 9125 and it was fine. We could lean over the balcony railing and chat w/the suite neighbor if we wanted too but otherwise very private. Quiet too. You could not hear the noise from the elevator lobby. Could walk up one flight right to the entrance of the buffet. Very convenient.

As for the Balcony cabins on deck 6, there were 4 couples and we didn't mind the view of the top of the lifeboat. They weren't using the ones we were over as tenders so it was ok. When you were sitting on your veranda, you were looking out over the ocean, not directly down at it. Also quiet and both cabins were mid-ship w/good access to everything.

We are getting ready to book the Galaxy and - aside from the fact that some folks hate the ship - any idea about cabin 8079 and 8083. They are ajoining cabins and I'm not sure I like the idea since we are traveling with friends - not family. Can you hear through the adjoining doors even when closed as is the case in some hotels? Also, what is the big difference between a cat5 and category 7 other than deck. I keep seeing 5 listed as deluxe oceanview because it has a small sofa but the room size seems to be the same so isn't that just making the room more crowded? For some reason on Celebrity's site I cant see the 360 of a cat. 5.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

You are starboard aft, about 7 cabins from aft elevator/stairs. There is a connecting door to cabin 7190. Some have complained of noise and/or smoke coming through. Ask cabin steward to duct tape around it if necessary. We had cabin 7184 with connecting door on Summit (M class ship same as Millennium) and it was no problem.

Regular CC cabin is 191 sq ft with 41 sq ft balcony. Deluxe balcony cabin is 172 sq ft with 38 sq ft balcony. There are some exceptions, such as the 16 2C cabins forward on deck 6 which have larger balconies and the rear facing aft CC cabins on decks 7, 8 and 9 with huge balconies. There are also a few more special 2A, 2B,2C and CC cabins with larger balconies located on various decks.

You also get the CC amenities such as the chilled bottled of French sparkling wine, flowers, priority boarding and tender passes and special breakfast menu.

If it's just a few extra bucks, yes it is definitely worth it. Find more information here:

Millennium_CC-Cabin&Amenities

Tanks for the info John..we don't smoke and think we won't take a chance. Nothing would spoil our cruise more than to wake up with the smell of smoke in our cabin.

We were just on the Summit Sept 19 for the Alaskan cruise. We were assigned to cc8108. We thought the room was very comfortable. I saw it was on a list of rooms to avoid because of the balcony. Our balcony had a table and 2 chairs that we used frequently. I would have preferred not being next to the windows of the suite next to us but it was a minor inconvenience. Also, there are several 2 person tables in the main dining room. We have sailed on Royal Caribbean and the Carnival Glory. We were very happy with our cruise on the Summit.

On the Constellation cabins 6001, 6002, 7001, and 7002 are shown as Outside View cabins, but they appear on the deck plan as irregular shapes. Are they smaller, do they have sloped ceilings, do they have a view of the crew deck? Can you see much from the port hole?

That's interesting for me, too!

Any general information on the forward outside cabins on M-Class?

We have an option for Constellation room 6000 and are really thankful for any information about it.

Archived