Worst Cabins ?

dmk

HELP!!!!

Any comments on this room? Is the balcony private? We are on the Penthouse deck and are worried that people may be able to look down on us from the pool area. I am thinking seriously of moving one deck down.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, new to this board and finding all the info fabulous!

my sister and I are booked to go on the Mercury on the may 18, 2007 sailing to Alaska. we have booked cabin 8117...panorama deck... according to the schematic its right near 'Michaels Club'.

is this a bad thing? will it be noisy? worse.. will it be smokey???? it LOOKS like (on the layout) that the club is fully enclosed so I'm hoping that it won't be a problem.

thanx for any clues.

my sister and I are booked to go on the Mercury on the may 18, 2007 sailing to Alaska. we have booked cabin 8117...panorama deck... according to the schematic its right near 'Michaels Club'.

is this a bad thing? will it be noisy? worse.. will it be smokey???? it LOOKS like (on the layout) that the club is fully enclosed so I'm hoping that it won't be a problem.

thanx for any clues.

Should not be noisy. Probably just a piano player in the evening. Michael's Club on Celebrity ships is no longer a cigar lounge but cigarettes are allowed I believe. Should not be a problem for your cabin.

Has anyone been in this cabin or near it...I have been reading post about obstructions etc. We paid extra for a balcany...cruise to Alaska last week in August....anyone have any info for me? I am sure I will have more questions as it gets closer ...August seems so far off right now..Thanks

thanx for any clues.

Hi, Michael's club is quiet. You shouldn't have a problem.

Actually, if you didn't know where the entrance to Michael's

is located, you might pass it by. It is sort of in an alcove.

Nice bartender though;) His name was Ben.

I was on the ship last May to Alaska..hope you have a wonderful

time....I am sailing her again in March:D to the Mexican Riveria

this go round!

Cabins 8176, 9164 & 9201

Does anyone have experience with any of these aft cabins or tailfin cabins in general? Thanks!!!

Helen

Your question is not on the correct thread. It should be under "Best cabins" not "worst"! These are aft cabins and have huge balconies.

8176 and 9164 are Accessible cabins. These are arranged differently and about 3 or 4 feet wider than a standard cabin to allow room for a wheelchair or Scooter. It is my understanding that you must prove a need to reserve these cabins. With hat said we did stay in 8176, which we were moved to a week before a cruise when it had not been otherwise booked. There are some pictures of it here:

Please help! I have booked 1247 thinking it was relatively quieter than other rooms on this deck might be because it is at end of hall -- no rooom on one side. But I see pics on internet of ship and realize set of outside stairs run right beside room! (from Sky bar area to upper deck) Can't tell how close stairs are and Celebrity rep says not to worry! Not close, no problem. (what else would she say?) Should I change to room a few doors down with rooms on either side (and I can't tell from Ship's deck plan what is across the hall exactly....) Please help with my peace of mind! Thanks in advance!

"We are in 9153 and 9157 on the Summit heading for Alaska. We are taking our 80 year old mothers (a trip of a life time). So if anyone has info about problems with these cabins please let me know. I only have 2 weeks until sailing but I would rather complain now and try and give them a GREAT trip"

Are you sure u want to be on the 9th floor with all of the activity right above you? Why not the 8th with cabins above & below? It's much quieter at night and early morning.

Have fun! You'll love Alaska!

Hi

We are in 6047 on Millie Mar 2007 TA, does anyone know of any problems, i.e. noise, obstructed views etc.

By the way we were in 6091 - Connie for Xmas 2006, what a wounderful room, no noise (apart from early one morning when they were getting the tenders ready for Grand Cayman, this was not a problem to us as we would probably of over slept so it was a welcome alarm call), clean, easy on the legs when getting back from 10 Aft (our usual midnight watering hole) and the view from the balcony was great as it is in the middle of 2 lifeboats so at least you could see the wake, as DW pointed out it is a good place to be as you could always jump on top of one of the lifeboats in the case of an emergency.:D

Please help! I have booked 1247 thinking it was relatively quieter than other rooms on this deck might be because it is at end of hall -- no rooom on one side. But I see pics on internet of ship and realize set of outside stairs run right beside room! (from Sky bar area to upper deck) Can't tell how close stairs are and Celebrity rep says not to worry! Not close, no problem. (what else would she say?) Should I change to room a few doors down with rooms on either side (and I can't tell from Ship's deck plan what is across the hall exactly....) Please help with my peace of mind! Thanks in advance!

I posted a whole new thread regarding this. I have booked cc room 1132.

Check it out!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helenator

Cabins 8176, 9164 & 9201

Does anyone have experience with any of these aft cabins or tailfin cabins in general? Thanks!!!

Helen

Your question is not on the correct thread. It should be under "Best cabins" not "worst"! These are aft cabins and have huge balconies.

8176 and 9164 are Accessible cabins. These are arranged differently and about 3 or 4 feet wider than a standard cabin to allow room for a wheelchair or Scooter. It is my understanding that you must prove a need to reserve these cabins. With hat said we did stay in 8176, which we were moved to a week before a cruise when it had not been otherwise booked. There are some pictures of it here:

Thanks, Larry! I appreciate your reply and pics of the cabin!!!! :)

• 2 months later...
It's too bad Celebrity just doesn't come out and tell us when we pay for these unobstructed balaconies that they actually have these window washer things in the view. That would be the right thing to do. We complained 2 months ago and no word of apology. These cabins that we all had issue with is not news to them!!

It would certainly help if they would at least list them as "partially obstructed". :mad: We had one on Summit on the Alaska repositioning last fall. We compained to customer service and after about four attempts, were given credit on a future cruise. Not much help when you are trying to take pictures, but it was at least something and it did get us some off on our Baltic cruise this September.:o

Archived