Worst Cabins ?

dmk

That's interesting for me, too!

Any general information on the forward outside cabins on M-Class?

We have an option for Constellation room 6000 and are really thankful for any information about it.

We have an option for identical cabin to 6000 on ML sailing T/A November 06 and wondered if any informed people who have sailed in any of these forward facing cabins could respond quickly so we could hopefully swop if problems are to be expected, please?

For swift info sharing Email me direct on yvonnebarrie@btopenworld.com if you can please.

We are getting ready to book the Galaxy and - aside from the fact that some folks hate the ship - any idea about cabin 8079 and 8083. They are ajoining cabins and I'm not sure I like the idea since we are traveling with friends - not family. Can you hear through the adjoining doors even when closed as is the case in some hotels? Also, what is the big difference between a cat5 and category 7 other than deck. I keep seeing 5 listed as deluxe oceanview because it has a small sofa but the room size seems to be the same so isn't that just making the room more crowded? For some reason on Celebrity's site I cant see the 360 of a cat. 5.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

I was on the Constellation in April. This was my most favorite cruise but I had a connecting room and the people I connected with were very nice. However, I could hear every word they said. They in turn asked me one day if my son could talk softer because they could hear him in the AM and PM. I tried hard after that to make sure he didn't talk all the time- which is impossible (5 year olds seem to talk incessantly!). Anyway, didn't spoil my cruise but wouldn't recommend a connecting cabin- periodically I did smell their smoke too. And I am sure the passengers in 6047 have their own take on rooming next to us!

Yes, it is a noisy cabin. Also banging, almost like a hammer in the living room........my DH thinks it is a pipe of time kind.

Banging also in the wall ----Infinity inside cabin 8101. I had to be moved from this cabin, it was so loud. Celebrity offered me an oceanview on deck 3 and it was a great cabin. Celebrity couldn't figure out what it was, but I find the inside cabins can be noisy since the mechanics are in the interior areas of these ships. No more inside cabins for me.

Bad cabins ------Zenith Caribbean Deck all cabins from 6129 to 6170 you are under the kitchen galley and all night you hear machinery and carts rolling. Also you will hear the engines.

Unfortunatley I'm a light sleeper, so I now pack earplugs.

We were in 7100 last year. Well, everything seemed great up until the last night of the cruise. The empty space across from the stateroom is the service elevators. All night long, they were moving the luggage (I believe that the whole Vista deck's luggage goes through those elevators) and screaming at each other. I was unable to sleep. I tried not to let it ruin my cruise, but it did leave a bitter aftertaste. Do not book this stateroom unless you can sleep through anything!!!

Does anyone have any information about room 6090 on the Constellation? It seems convenient–midship, near the elevators, and one deck up from the Entertainment deck. Any thoughts about noise, especially with the tenders being one deck below? Does anyone else think they block the view? I'll be sailing Nov. 7. Thank you.

Does anyone have any information about room 6090 on the Constellation? It seems convenient–midship, near the elevators, and one deck up from the Entertainment deck. Any thoughts about noise, especially with the tenders being one deck below? Does anyone think they block the view? I'll be sailing Nov. 7. Thank you.

Thanks RebeccaLouise - ended up picking a lower deck with no adjoining door.

Reen - being over the entertainment deck might be risky - are you over a disco or lounge that will have music late at night? We were over the disco on the Zenith and regretted that choice for the entire cruise.

Hi

Does anyone have any info about cabin '6091' on the Constellation? We have it booked for our first ever cruise (Christmas) and were wondering if there is anything we should know about.

Many thanks

AVOID Celebrity Suite 9096 on the Summit (do not know if it is the same on all of that class ships) has a major noise issue all night over the bedroom. Do not book this cabin. No one knows what is causing it, as there is nothing above that is open at night. However, the suite on either side of us did not have this issue. Perhaps it is harmonics, but it is so bad you will not be able to sleep.

we were in 9099 on the Milli. Horrible Noise problem. The hot tub and pool entrance are above. The noise sounds like a vibrating tin roof. And you hear the hot tub kick on and off. :mad:

Hampshire Rose, we liked the location of cc8108. The library was next to the room so it was very quiet. My husband would go there in the mornings to get the daily crossword puzzle. The stairs are also right there so you can walk up 2 floors to eat or use the pools. The cabin attendant kept our room spotless and always knew when we were both out of the room so he could straighten up. We had a small problem with mold on the shower curtain. The bathrooms aren't vented. I mentioned it to him and by the time we came back from dinner, the shower curtain was replaced. When my husband and I just wanted to sit together on the balcony, we shoved the table next to the suite windows and moved the two chairs together. During embarkation, you can see everyone coming on the ship from the balcony. Our friends were in room 8110 and we didn't see any difference at all in the balcony size. Enjoy the room and definitely enjoy your cruise.

Just a note of thanks for the heads up on cabin #8102 on the Millenium. I was really upset that it took me one week to get this balcony of 22sq ft confirmed by Celebrity.

I was booked in this cabin and told it was 41sq ft.

After going thru 10 different people....finally it was confirmed it is 22 sq ft!!!!!!!!

I was so angry since I booked this cruise a year ago and could have had my pick of midship cabins, now I had to be put in the last cabin in the CC cabin they had in inventory....9085. Now I am wondering what is wrong with this cabin....haha.

Thanks again!

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/amsterdam.html

I've never cruised before, but I found this site and I think it has some wonderful pictures of the Constellation (the ship I'll be sailing on), which shows so many balconies!

Also, from reading these boards I've figured out that my stateroom is one of the dreaded ones (6102) because it's next to the bump out, the Celebrity Suite in the middle of the ship. I hear the balcony is small, and the people in the Celebrity Suite can look into our balcony. Well...I'm still excited about our first cruise which will be to NewEngland/Canda and leaves in a few weeks. Personally, it won't bother me if the people next door see me out on the balcony, because I will be fully clothed (especially on this trip), not causing trouble ;) and I'm the friendly sort, so I'll just give a good natured wave.:) Besides, I doubt if anyone would be sitting in that suite staring at me when there seems to be so many activities around.

From the pictures of my suite balcony which I found on the above website, it doesn't look so bad. It seems that on nearly every balcony someone can see or hear you if they really wanted to put in the effort. I mean, it appears that people next to you can lean over to see you, or the people above you can look down.

I picked this cabin because I heard mid-ship was good, and it's a sky suite. It's near the elevators, which is good for me (directionally challenged), and...when we booked this trip, it was the best available.

Anyway, sorry so long. But, if you're going on this cruise (Oct. 16), and you see me on my balcony, wave and say "hi"!

Kathy, an excited first time cruiser

Please let us know how the balcony was when you get back. Looking at those pictures, which actually show the elevator side I think,not the CS side, it doesnt look like its half as big, but noticeably smaller. We will be on the Connie on 11/20 and had 6102, but 6100 just opened up and it looks like its bigger from the pictures. So I just changed it.

Just to add positive comments on my two Celebrity cruises:

Millie: 2131 - Loved it. My first ship with a nice large window - bigger than a porthole. Because the room is low on the ship, I got my workout using the stairs rather than elevators. Mom used the elevators alot.

Connie: 6097 - Pretty much the same layout as 2131 and excellent location - just about 5 rooms down from the computer room and glass elevators.

Now for my questions on rooms I booked for upcoming cruises - any comments on these?:

Zenith cabin 4102 (near elevators - hope it's not too noisy)

Galaxy 4062.

Thanks! ;)

Hi Monica: I just read your question regarding Galaxy Cabin 4062. We were on the Galaxy in August and had Cabin 4066, which I believe is right next door. We heard a terrible banging noise for the first 2 nights we were on the ship (starting around 12:00 - 1:00 a.m.), and lasting for about an hour or so. It sounded like large barrels banging against one another. After 2 nights of listening to this and losing much needed sleep, and the staff not being able to figure out where the noise was coming from, they moved us up to Cabin 8247. This was definitely a much quieter cabin (although there was a lot of vibration when the ship came into port and left port - but more tolerable than being awakened in the middle of the night!):rolleyes: . Anyway, if possible, I would see if you could move your cabin, because I think you'll be hearing those awful "barrel banging" noises:eek: .

June

Archived