Worst Cabins ?

dmk

Your cabin location is very good. I had cabin 6228 recently. The central location behind the elevators was great. It cut down on the walking. My spouse uses a cane and is not too steady. He was happy. On Solstice ships, the aft cabins are too far from an elevator. M class ships have more elevator locations....and is smaller. I would never risk a guarantee on a S class ship. I have booked guarantee on M class ships.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst cabin is next to the people who:

1) sit on their balcony all day playing loud music on their portable radio or sometimes by turning the TV to max and leaving the door open;

2) play their TV at maximum volume when they wake up at 6AM;

3) have a radio/walkie talkie to keep in touch with their children

4) have children who run up and down the hall outside our door

5) have friends who they talk to (or yell to) in the halls outside our cabin...generally at 2AM

5) .....

I have had far worse cabins due to neighbors than I've had because of physical obstructions....and you can't pick your neighbors.

Equinox 9242 directly across from room service access/crew stairs. noisy clattering of dishes/trolley and people talking to staff. Seemed to go on most of night and particularly early start of the room service deliveries. They should make people aware of the potential noise from these cabins so guests can make informed choices. This is a standard balcony cabin mid ship.

We were in 9043 on the Connie in Feb 2013. We loved the extra balcony space - that part was great. We spent more time on that balcony then we have in past cruises.

However, across the hallway from 9043 is the door that leads to the main pump of the T-Pool. And this pump had bearings ready to fail (don't ask me how I know; just trust me). So while the door was shut, you could hear the pump - it wasn't horrible - it sounded like an AC unit on full blast and during the night it really became white noise (faded into the background); but during the day - when they would open the door to go work on it - it was loud. Like wake you up from an afternoon nap loud. While we loved the extra room on the balcony - we would not book this room again.

Maybe after they fix the pump it won't be as bad - but in Feb 2013; it was not good for us.

• 2 weeks later...

up until yesterday I was booked in 9157 on the Connie ~ information I gleaned yesterday on CC made me worry that I would hear too much noise from above. So I had my TA switch me to 9189 thinking it would be more quiet under the Sunset Bar; came across this thread this morning and now find out that 9189 is partially obstructed due window washing equipment. I'm sure I'm going to drive my TA crazy when he sees my new email asking to be put back in 9157. Anyone have any experience with 9157? We just booked this cruise two weeks ago so in these situations my thought is that the rooms that are still available must be less desirable otherwise they'd already have been selected.

• 3 weeks later...
Silhouette cabin 8130 (1c). Has anyone got any comments on this good/bad?? :(

If this link doesn't work Celebrity CC message board site and look at the top in the stickies for all S class ships. This link hopefully will take you to that range of cabins so you can see what it says

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&page=4&rowsperpage=250

• 3 months later...
We were in 9043 on the Connie in Feb 2013. We loved the extra balcony space - that part was great. We spent more time on that balcony then we have in past cruises.

However, across the hallway from 9043 is the door that leads to the main pump of the T-Pool. And this pump had bearings ready to fail (don't ask me how I know; just trust me). So while the door was shut, you could hear the pump - it wasn't horrible - it sounded like an AC unit on full blast and during the night it really became white noise (faded into the background); but during the day - when they would open the door to go work on it - it was loud. Like wake you up from an afternoon nap loud. While we loved the extra room on the balcony - we would not book this room again.

Maybe after they fix the pump it won't be as bad - but in Feb 2013; it was not good for us.

Was this before the Constellation went into its latest drydock? Just changed to this cabin, does anyone know if this issue was addressed or at least will be by next January?

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

We had 6057 on Infinity (balcony guarantee) that was a little forward, with partially obstructed lifeboats. Fine for a guarantee, but prefer deck 7.

We had 9060 in Aqua, also on Infinity that was just below a small building on the pool deck. Only deck noise from above was one night we had high winds blowing around deck furniture. Generally not a bad cabin.

• 1 month later...

Archived