Worst Cabins ?

dmk

Hi everyone,

Posting about my first cruise ever, for my honeymoon on Jan 7, 2007 on Millenium. Since I booked I have been totally obsessing over picking the right cabin. Right now I'm booked in 8143, but 8096 is open.

My concern is that in the deck floor plan it looks like the veranda is MUCH bigger in 8096, than in 8143. Is this just the drawing tricking me, or can anyone tell me if it's really bigger? Celebrity, of course, says both are exactly the same...I'm not sure if I believe them. Advice please. Thanks!

In my notes, I have 8096 listed as questionable. That room is just opposite a service door for the crew.

The other cabin you mentioned, is a connecting room and could be a little noisy. (8143).

Both rooms have standard balconies.

Thanks Grace. 7182 is also open as of right now. It's not a connecting room, but is near 4 family rooms...could be kids running around.

We both have 2 of our own, so we'd love to not be near kids on our honeymoon.:)

Reen,

We were in6054 on the Constellation this summer. The tenders do not impede the view in any way--they are well below the level of the balcony. I guess they impede the view if you wanted to look straight down, but it was not a problem for us. Since our cruise docked at every port, I do not know if the noise associated with tender ports was bad.

Sailing on Constellation

Still haven't heard any info regarding cabins 8146 and 8148 as far as location... is there more vibration being in the aft? We usually stay more midship but couldn't get two cabins together.

Cabin 9092 on the Millennium was very bad. Noise from above starting at approx 5am every morning....the carts to stock the grill area which was directly above would crash over the door jam and bump over the hoses they had out to wash the deck....and the dragging around of the tables & chairs and pool furniture as they washed the area......no escaping the noise on the balcony either, because of the metal overhang .......

AVOID Celebrity Suite 9096 on the Summit (do not know if it is the same on all of that class ships) has a major noise issue all night over the bedroom. Do not book this cabin. No one knows what is causing it, as there is nothing above that is open at night. However, the suite on either side of us did not have this issue. Perhaps it is harmonics, but it is so bad you will not be able to sleep.

Does any one know about Summit cabin 8158 Deck 8? We are booked in it and hope we will be able to sleep at night. Appreciate any info

Reen,

We were in6054 on the Constellation this summer. The tenders do not impede the view in any way--they are well below the level of the balcony. I guess they impede the view if you wanted to look straight down, but it was not a problem for us. Since our cruise docked at every port, I do not know if the noise associated with tender ports was bad.

Thank you.

I also like the sideways inside cabins, they seem roomier to me.

A cabin I wouldn't recommend is 1135 on Mercury. It's a concierge cabin. There was a lot of noise from the Palm Springs Bar & Grill. I took earplugs with me so I slept ok, but from now on I'll only stay in cabins on a deck with cabins above & below.

Terri

I am interested in a sideways inside cabin. Can you tell me which one you stayed in and how it was configured differently than the regular facing cabins?

Grace, You mention in another post for the Millineum that room 8096 is questionable as it is right across from a crew service door. Since the deck plans are the same as the Summit's, I'm guessing that the same would be true for my cabin (8096) on the Summit. Does being across from a crew service door necessarily mean noise, or are most crew members asleep during most of the time that the passengers are also asleep? We actually got this cabin because it was not across from a passenger cabin. Have you ever stayed across from a crew service door and found noise to be a problem.

Thanks.

Sue

Stayed on the Mercury in 8096 - inside sideways configuration. Loved the layout of the room....but horrible noise below us. They couldn't figure out what it was. They knew what it was, just couldn't tell us that was a dog room. We were upgraded to a wonderful room with oceanview, but not until there was an opening available....something about an entertainer getting off in Costa Rica. We booked again, a family sized oceanview on the Mercury on deck 8 at the very, very back of the ship, right next to the exit onto the deck. We considered this to be the best room we have had on any cruise. The entire back of deck 8 was our balcony. Our room was huge but did have a 'how do you do' bang to awaken you every morning we sailed into port. Small price to pay for such a great cabin. Bad thing is, now when we call Celebrity to try to book a family sized cabin, they will not allow this unless there are at least 4 people occupying the room. I would pay more for the cabin, but this just is not allowed. Very sad for a couple that likes a little room without the cost of a suite.

Moral of the story, sideways cabins have a great configuration...seem roomier, but buyer beware of the location. Some cabins are extremely noisy.

Anyone have info on these rooms. How is the noise factor. We steered away from the rooms directly below as they were above a public deck. Looks like maybe the library is above these rooms on deck 7. Linen closet (?) is located next to 7901, 7903 is directly across from the glass elevators and 7905 is next to the stairs. From another thread, a caller asked Celebrity where the doors opened to...the suite side or the glass elevator side....it is the latter of the two. I switched my cabin from the one directly across from the elevator to the one by the ? linen closet (info told to me by Celebrity). Did we make a mistake? I cannot imagine the one next to the stairs would be quieter???? Just got off a Princess cruise with the noisiest stateroom ever (under the grill and pool deck)....made our entire cruise miserable as we were entirely sleep deprived 24/7. Just so gun shy about picking out the perfect room now. Any advice on quiet inside rooms on the Infinity (we are going for inside cabin category on this one as the last one was a waste of money for the balcony category)?? Our friends have booked on deck 7, which is why we ended up looking at that deck...but we don't absolutely have to be on the same deck. Also, we would kind of like to stay midship (not as important as quiet, though) as the waters up from SF to Alaska can be pretty rough...for those few days at least. Someone mentioned the Sky deck cabins inside. They are the same category .... would these be better than the ones on deck 7?? help!!

Avoid 9068. It is conceirge class, not classified as partial obstruction, but the painters rig is set up out side it, so even 9070,too, and also more so.. the cabin that is directly below, too. Better yet, avoid the Summit all together.This painters seat would not be moved when we complained.

We've been on Summit five times now, and had five different cabins. All were fine. If a few are not so good, then it's sensible to stay away from them, but avoiding the entire ship is a bit over the top! I think all ships on all lines have a few cabins that are less than ideal.

Lisa

Re the service doors: they can be a bit of a noise problem, as the crew use this door often, mostly during the day (if you are napping etc.) And, also the last night of the cruise...this is where the luggage is taken to for disembarkation.

I have this room flagged on my master sheet.

I also avoid any of the rooms on deck 9. Possible noise from above.

Grace,

Have another question for you. I called Celebrity about the room. The first operator told me that there was no service door across from the room. I asked him if he could see the detail on the white area on the deck plan. He said yes. He also seemed rather miffed when I told him I had obtained the information on Cruisecritic. I didn't feel comfortable with how he answered my question or how he acted. I called a little later and got someone else who told me they did not have the details on the white area of the deck plan. This was further confirmed by a third person. They checked to see if there were any other starboard rooms for CC on deck 8 and there were not. The only CC rooms on Deck 8 are on the port side. Most are connecting rooms but there is one that is not (8079) and it is across from some of the inside cabins. My question is this, would you give up a starboard side room on a north bound Alaska cruise that is across from a service door for a port side room across from inside cabins? Also, do I necessarily have to worry about changing now or is there an opportunity to do so when some people end up not paying in March and forfeiting their cabins?

Thanks so much for your input.

Sue

Has anyone been in or near these cabins? We are booked on 2/19 sailing and usually stay mid ship these are more aft. We are also wondering about noise from above, deck plan looks like dining area or kitchen area. Any input appreciated. ;) L&T

Archived