What if Bermuda Cruise goes to Canada?

I live in Canada, and there is no reason why you would take time off work, spend thousands of dollars, come here when its 40 degress, windy, raining, nor'easter, nothing to do off the boat in that weather, and cant even enjoy a drink on the boat. But that's just my opinion...and i think most would agree...lol.

While I agree you can't control the weather, and i do tavel very often(my 6th trip south this yr comming up), I think RCI should have offered people a full refund. They were not even getting CLOSE to what they booked and expected.

I understand if you miss a day somewhere on your trip cause they can't tender you etc, but this was a whole different cruise, different weather, and if I had paid for a drink package and couldnt use it every day stuck in port.......nuff said.

There are cruise lines that offer refunds due to itinerary changes. This is one that I would have cashed in on.

I was on that Bermuda cruise that wasnt, but let me tell you. I totally enjoyed myself :D. The ship was great, the crew were great. :D No matter what RC did someone somewhere would have been complaining. It was only my second cruise and I knew the chance of taking a cruise during hurricane season. And I would definately do it all over again!!

Im just curious.People that showed up to the port with warm weather clothes thinking they were going to bermuda and had no idea????That blows my mind.Unless you were under a rock and had absolutely no communication with the outside world how did people think they were going to port at an island that got SLAMMED by a hurricaneThis is a risk you assume when you book.It is written in black and white on your contract.RCCL does not pay God to make it sunny and 85 everyday and they can't guarantee anything.They are a business and run it as such.DONT CRUISE IN HURRICANE SEASON to minimize your risk.Royal didn't owe anything to anyone in this case.Michtrif this is not solely directed at you but to anyone that thinks royal owes them something.Ive been on several vacations in my life where the weather was horrible.No one owes me anything for those vacations.Luck of the draw.Better luck next time.It happens to all of us.

And to whoever was getting married in bermuda.......Very stupid,poor planning,I could go on and on.Dont assume weather is ever going to cooperate with your plans.Especially for such an important day.

Rtazz17, I couldn't agree with you more! I was on this sailing and knew we would not be Bermuda bound when the hurricane was still in the Virgin Islands.

I was more concerned about the people living in Bermuda then I was about our vacation. I was hoping for a warm weather replacement but it didn't happen. My family and I decided to put Bermuda and any other warm weather destination behind us and just talked about what we will do in Canada. We packed our warm clothes and started our vacation and guess what, we had a good time. Yes, the journey was rocking and pitching all the way there and back, but we did not get sick, we got our sea legs and enjoyed the ship's entertainment, dance parties etc.

I spoke to many people on board, and yes there were grumpy passengers but there were also a lot that looked like they were having fun to me. In Nova Scotia we did some shopping. In New Brunswick we took the City High Lights Tour. It was no fun tropical island, but we liked seeing how they lived and learning about their history. In other words, we made the best of it.

RCCL owed us nothing. We knew the risk of cruising in Oct or any month in hurricane season but we booked it anyway. We learned our lessen and will only cruise in the Spring from now on, which is what we usually do but decided on October for this year. I was pleased with the port fee refunds and the $350. OBC we received for our Superior Balcony Cabin, totaling $510. credit. We did not spend much out of pocket money on board because of it and RCCL did not have to give us a dime and we did not expect them too. I do think they should have given earlier warning that we were headed north so people had the chance to cancel before flying in or to pack warm clothing. But other than that, I am pleased with the cruise line and my family had a fun cruise.

I was on that Bermuda cruise that wasnt, but let me tell you. I totally enjoyed myself :D. The ship was great, the crew were great. :D No matter what RC did someone somewhere would have been complaining. It was only my second cruise and I knew the chance of taking a cruise during hurricane season. And I would definately do it all over again!!

We also had a good time, but we did encounter some rude crew members and some good helpful ones, but I will leave that for my review. Did you go to see the Blaze of Glory concert. We did and loved it.

I live in Canada, and there is no reason why you would take time off work, spend thousands of dollars, come here when its 40 degress, windy, raining, nor'easter, nothing to do off the boat in that weather, and cant even enjoy a drink on the boat. But that's just my opinion...and i think most would agree...lol.

Comment:

(Nova Scotia was chilly but we had no rain so it wasn't bad. New Brunswick was a little warmer and again no rain.)

While I agree you can't control the weather, and i do tavel very often(my 6th trip south this yr comming up), I think RCI should have offered people a full refund. They were not even getting CLOSE to what they booked and expected.

Comment:

I have to disagree. Unless the ship can not enter or leave the home port as was the case during Sandy, the cruise lines owe us nothing. Booking during hurricane season was our own choice. This is why it is important to buy travel insurance.

Edited by Irene7

• 4 months later...