Duct Tape, Collapsible Water Bottles, Hi-lite Pens, Anything Else?

mahreeya

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I carry a sturdy cardboard folder (like a diploma folder) in which to put photos in that I've purchased on the ship. Don't want to spend that kind of money on photos, only to have them get wrinkled or bent while in my luggage.

I am wondering why people bring powdered drink packets (crystal light, gatorade, etc) on the cruise. I can understand for excursions and things, but dont you get juice free on board all day long? Excuse my ignorance if you don't. :D

I'm with you. Guess they like the taste of the powdered drink.

Candles are against the rules, for good reason. If the ship lists suddenly, your candle could get knocked over and start a fire.

If you bring along a boom box for your balcony, please be mindful of your neighbors. I spent last cruise listening to ABBA over and over and over until I thought I'd jump overboard.

A little consideration goes a long way, and it may come around to benefit you in the long run.

happy sailing,

mrsraggy

Okay I understand now. I will be packing my Crystal Light as well. I had forgotten that the only free drink was juice. And as someone mentioned, it does have a high sugar count! I will do anything to avoid buying a drink card, as I do not drink soda.

If you don't drink iced tea, there aren't any "free" drinks that are diet. Apple juice, orange juice, and lemonade have very high sugar contents. Also after a few days you are juiced out. Crystal light comes in many flavors and now also in individual tubes for 16 oz of water.

I am wondering why people bring powdered drink packets (crystal light, gatorade, etc) on the cruise. I can understand for excursions and things, but dont you get juice free on board all day long? Excuse my ignorance if you don't. :D

I just picked up a clear card holder on a retractable clip at Wal Mart for 97 cents. You can clip it on your belt, pocket, etc and just pull on it to use. I even splurged for one for my husband!

I've used one of those retractable card holders, clipped to the inside pocket of my little purse I carry--no fumbling, even in the dark!

Found a great use for the duct tape! We had ordered a bottle of Scotch and one of bourbon delivered to our room. Had a couple of small cocktail parties in our mini-suite, and even took cocktails with us to dinner or shows without a raised eyebrow. Still didn't finish either bottle (I'm the Scotch drinker; wife prefers the bourbon). So we used the duct tape around the neck of the bottles, wrapped them in the dry cleaning bags we used to reduce wrinkles in clothing on the way up, popped the bottles in zip lock bags, and into the carry on roller we took on the plane. Nary a drop spilled! Also, the over the door shoe organizer was great! With three in the cabin, including a teenager, it was great not having all that stuff all over the bathroom sink area! Never used the collapsible cooler, as we just got too busy to pick up a case of water at our pre-cruise port. Did have a case of wine delivered to the hotel, so was happy to have a wine bottle opener.

that is the best use for the duct tape yet! I am looking for my folding cooler right now. Need it to bring healthy snacks on flight to port, then maybe get a sandwich from room service to put in for shore excursion. Maybe I will bring some wax paper or something. Definitely zip lock bags.

You'd think I'd be packed by now. I guess that is a pre-cruise ritual: freak out, forget all the things I learned on the boards, take a nap, freak out some more, overpack by putting everything that fits into the largest most gigantic suitcase I have (I wish I had an old fashioned steamer trunk).

Oh, one more thing: Bungee chords to bungee attach any non wheeled items to giant wheeled one, like my nieces back pack that must weigh 50 lbs, that I wind up carrying. As much as possible will get checked. Hey, I bet an alternative would be to DUCT TAPE all the suitcases together, and pull them like a train! Ha! that would be sight....but just maybe......

WISH ME BON VOYAGE!

Take slipper socks instead of house shoes. Easier to pack. Less weight.

Take liquid spray on Bandaids, doesn't sting, has a antibiotic, is water proof, and stays on 3 to 7 days.

Bon Voyage!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe the grocery store. Why are you doing laundry on a cruise? Enjoy the cruise!!! Boycott laundry.

Little Tip: Undies can be rinsed out with the shampoe the cruise line provides. Don't use cotton, takes longer to dry.

Remember your:

Passport/documents/Drivers License/Airline Tickets

Confirmations-Car/hotels

Insurance information on Car and Body(you)

List of family and neighbors E-mails/addresses/phone#'s

Stop Paper/Stop Mail/getreservation at kennels for pets

Archived