Summit Hawaii or PC on Serenade

mdmourges

Wife and I are trying to figure out whether to go on Serenade from San Juan to San Francisco (late April '07) in the RS or on Summit to Hawaii in early March, also in a RS (different layout all together). We have been on RC a bunch, once on Galaxy (10 day from B'more to Caribbean) and once on Silversea (San Diego to Costa Rica). I like the idea of doing the circle cruise to Hawaii but bummed about only having 4 ports and the "cruising day" in Hawaii. I am also concerned about the weather on the way there and back. Anyone have comments about the weather, the ship, the room, etc? Thanks!

Mark & Janet

We did the Summit this April to Hawaii. It was roundtrip from LA. I absolutely loved it. On the way out (the first 4 days at sea) it was a little chilly (60s - note where I'm from) but I thoroughly enjoyed having four days to totally unwind so that by the time we got to Hawaii, we were ready to roll. The seas are a little rough though, I'm not going to lie to you..if you have a tendency to get sea sick, you may want to take along some ginger tablets - they settle your stomach or you can wear one of those patches. The ginger is great because you can still have your cocktails. We were a little disappointed with the last port Maui because it was such a short stop. It is a tender port and you arrive at 7 am and the last tender leaves at 2 pm. Other than that, we had a great time and were able to get an idea of the different islands and which ones we would be interested in for a return trip. Hope this helps. BTW the 4 days at sea at the end of the cruise were a little bit smoother than the ride out.

My mom and I are booked to go on the Summit to Hawaii the first of March. We are so looking forward to it. I have just returned from a 10 day vacation on the island of Maui. The port there is beautiful. There really isn't alot to see there so I think the time we have in the port is more than enough time. Some people rent cars at each port to see the sites. There is always alot of excursions you can book. The water there is the clearest water I've ever seen. I for one like the idea of cruising the one day there around the islands. That is a good tip on the ginger tablets, I've used them on the last two cruises we have taken and didn't get sea sick at all.

My wife and I took the Summit to Hawaii this past March.

The seas were choppy the first day to day and 1/2 but continued to improve each day until we reached our first port of call. We stopped in five ports on four islands so you might want to relook at the 2007 itinerary.

On the way back we had another day or so of choppy seas.

It was a very nice trip.

We spend a couple of days in Long Beach, CA before boarding in San Pedro. We enjoyed Long Beach and enjoyed the Hawaii cruise.

Keith

Hi,

We took the round trip to Hawaii in Feb this Year, it was our 3rd time on the Summit and we love this ship but we both thought that if we vacation to Hawaii again we will fly and enjoy the Islands.

We have been to Hawaii twice before and whilst we lovewd the cruise the weather was cool for 2 days out and 2 days back.

I also felt that there wasn't enough time spent on the Islands and if you have been before and seen the Volcano then 2 days on the big Island is too much.

The Splendouir is a Radience class ship and we have only been on the Brilliance which was fabulous ( we are booked on the Jewel in Jan),

If it was me I would go for the Panama cruise, mainly cos I would love to visit SF but whichever you choose you will I am sure have a great time.

Cheers

Steve

Archived